Fanta/sunkist

SWANOZ

Hi does the unlimited soda or unlimited plus more include Fanta, Sunkist or any other form of orange soft drink? Secondly can you buy the Orange variety in cans independently from the packages? Thanks Jennifer.

Hi does the unlimited soda or unlimited plus more include Fanta, Sunkist or any other form of orange soft drink? Secondly can you buy the Orange variety in cans independently from the packages? Thanks Jennifer.

I'm an orange drink drinker myself, and I don't know that I've ever seen Fanta (or Crush) on the ships. If you're in port for any amount of time before the trip though, you can bring on 12-packs of soda/pop. Just put it in a small suitcase, or wedge it in your clothes, or even wrap it with tape and put a luggage tag on it. Seriously.

(Now if they ever got Vernor's on the ship, I'd be in heaven.)

-Cathy

No orange flavor of any brand soda on Princess.

Description of the canned soda package:

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Item #2311 $11.50

(from the gifts and services page (select 'beverage packages and cellars'))

As the 6-for-5 is only available from room service I don't know if the orange soda attributed to it is found at any bar; I've never ordered nor seen anyone else order it. As Princess uses Coke products one would assume it to be Fanta.

Edited by fishywood

Description of the canned soda package:

Canned Soda Package

Choose any six sodas listed below in any combination for the price of five: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Diet Sprite, orange soda, soda water, tonic water, ginger ale.

Package is not currently offered on Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess or Diamond, Emerald or Golden Princess voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand. Item #2311 $11.50

(from the gifts and services page (select 'beverage packages and cellars'))

As the 6-for-5 is only available from room service I don't know if the orange soda attributed to it is found at any bar; I've never ordered nor seen anyone else order it. As Princess uses Coke products one would assume it to be Fanta.

Is the orange soda diet?

Well, Orange Crush is part of the Dr Pepper/Snapple group, so that's out. Fanta is made by CocaCola, so that's a possibility. Sunkist is a Cadbury/Schweppes product, so that one's out as well. The preceding product info is compliments of Google.:)

Edited by Treven

Is the orange soda diet?

Although I've never had soda onboard (other than some Diet Mt. Dew I took aboard with me) I can't answer your question definitively but... I highly doubt that the orange soda onboard is diet. If you require diet orange soda you will almost certainly need to take it onboard with you.

No. I have looked at the soda packages thoroughly. I had wanted to purchase a package but the soda availability on princess leaves a lot to be desired. Nothing but come and diet coke. A big negative that there isn't anything like dr pepper or root beer. A major let down.

No. I have looked at the soda packages thoroughly. I had wanted to purchase a package but the soda availability on princess leaves a lot to be desired. Nothing but come and diet coke. A big negative that there isn't anything like dr pepper or root beer. A major let down.

I've seen root beer in cans...

I had the then called ultimate kids package on my first Princess cruise. When I asked for orange soda, it was Fanta. Don't think I ever saw a diet version available though. Barqs root beer is owned by Coca Cola but I can't recall whether it sticks in my mind because it was the only soda not included or because it was Barqs which is the only version of my fave soda flavor that I don't like.

Yes but you have to buy them separately. They aren't part of a package. Which doesn't make any sense to me.

Perhaps you haven't bought one of the packages with them or were not fully aware of it, but. Root Beer is part of the Soda and More package (a.k.a. Ultimate Kids package). And it would also be part of the All-Inclusive Beverage package.

Perhaps you haven't bought one of the packages with them or were not fully aware of it, but. Root Beer is part of the Soda and More package (a.k.a. Ultimate Kids package). And it would also be part of the All-Inclusive Beverage package.

I don't think so. I specifically asked someone at princess and they said that it is only part of the ultimate package, which is ridiculously expensive, at least to me. I think maybe it used to be part of the soda and more but it isn't anymore.

I don't think so. I specifically asked someone at princess and they said that it is only part of the ultimate package, which is ridiculously expensive, at least to me. I think maybe it used to be part of the soda and more but it isn't anymore.

Root beer is available in the "Ultimate kids package", also known as Soda and More.

I always get this package (which has a UKP sticker on my card) and the Root Beer is Barq's. So, I do know correctly.

It is priced at $7 plus 15% gratuity a day ($8.05), which is not really ridiculously expensive, in my opinion. Perhaps you misunderstood what they meant when they referred to the Ultimate package.

Root beer is available in the "Ultimate kids package", also known as Soda and More.

I always get this package (which has a UKP sticker on my card) and the Root Beer is Barq's. So, I do know correctly.

It is priced at $7 plus 15% gratuity a day ($8.05), which is not really ridiculously expensive, in my opinion. Perhaps you misunderstood what they meant when they referred to the Ultimate package.

The description of what is included in the Unlimited Soda Package and the Unlimited Soda and More package has recently been updated so the More package no longer includes any other available flavors of soda that the 'gun' ones in the first package.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

Unlimited Soda Package

Receive a souvenir tumbler and select from a variety of unlimited soft drinks served by the glass at all bars and restaurant locations throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #0523 $5.18 per person/per day*

Unlimited Soda & More Package

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & more Package,† entitling you to the above Unlimited Soda Package plus any mocktails, juices, shakes, floats and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Item #2312 $8.05 per person/per day*

But if you are still successful cajoling a bartender to give you a canned soda, more power to you. (I have certainly seen them give the cans to whiny kids just to get rid of them).

I always get Fanta Orange Soda in my Elite bar setup (I trade items out for it). Though the soda packages are for "soda gun" fountain soda and I have not seen orange soda as an option in soda gun.

That is no longer available and the package has been updated. Perhaps you used to be able to get it with that package hit you can't anymore. The package that I was talking about that is the all inclusive package that is 57/day which is crazy expensive. It is too bad that they changed the soda and more package so it no longer includes the other options of soda. I would have gotten it then. Big disappointment. Something princess needs to improve.

For me I would love to have diet Sunkist, diet root beer and diet ginger ale. I don't like to have to carry my own on board (I can because we drive to the ship), but I rather just buy it onboard. I would like to have something else besides water to drink (for me) that I like.

For me I would love to have diet Sunkist, diet root beer and diet ginger ale. I don't like to have to carry my own on board (I can because we drive to the ship), but I rather just buy it onboard. I would like to have something else besides water to drink (for me) that I like.

Haha I know. I was told that we can purchase canned root beer separately so i will have to try that. I also refuse to bring my own onboard. Or else I will have to stick to cocktails and coffee.

I just buy the 6 for the price of 5 thru room service. works out to be around $2 per can. I am a diet pepsi person, so I do lug on several 12 packs to enjoy before I have to settle for diet coke. Hubs is really great about lugging some on for me too. I don't like the fountain soda on Princess. They never seem to get the balance right between the syrup and the carbonated water. Either tasteless or flat.

A benefit is that doing it this way I tend to limit myself to 2 cans a day and drink water or Crystal Light (which I bring with me) the rest of the time. Crystal Light now has some caffeinated versions too.

I just buy the 6 for the price of 5 thru room service. works out to be around $2 per can. I am a diet pepsi person, so I do lug on several 12 packs to enjoy before I have to settle for diet coke. Hubs is really great about lugging some on for me too. I don't like the fountain soda on Princess. They never seem to get the balance right between the syrup and the carbonated water. Either tasteless or flat.

A benefit is that doing it this way I tend to limit myself to 2 cans a day and drink water or Crystal Light (which I bring with me) the rest of the time. Crystal Light now has some caffeinated versions too.

Ya that is an option. Wish I could do that and bring my own since princess has almost no options available. They need to take. Shiny from RCL in this regard. However I can't do that. Too much hassle for the two of us to lug 12 packs around. I'll just have to see if I can get root beer in a can at the bars and stick to cocktails the rest of the time. Will be more expensive but that's the way princess is I guess.

I don't like fountain soda and I don't drink cocktails, wine or beer. I don't like carrying soda on board, but since Princess does not have what I like, then most times I will bring some. I know that Princess can not stock every kind of soda, but a few more would help.