!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Fun review!! Thanks for taking the time for the review and the photos. You do have an eye for detail, a few of my questions were answered from the photos. Headed out Wed. for a pre-cruise stay before our 5/21 Escape sailing! :D

Have a great cruise! And thank you for following :)

Ummmmm, I don't think I ever saw the rock climbing wall. They have the margaritaville where it use to be on Breakaway. And no web/slide there either, sorry to bring you bad news. I think they just made the rope course larger and it took the space of the web. That said, they had a zipline for small kids as well, I think they did not have that on Breakaway, but I could be wrong.

You are correct, the Breakway DOES NOT have the children's rope course/zipline. It's one of the reasons we chose the Escape over the Breakaway so my 6 year old could do it, although he never tried it. It was quite small and only a few feet off the ground. My 9 year old, however, loved the regular ropes course. It's a great feature.

YAY!!! Excited to see the Escape from your perspective! I know it'll be way different than mine being that we had 2 littles in tow and no drink package. :p

I remember your review, it was awesome!

You are correct, the Breakway DOES NOT have the children's rope course/zipline. It's one of the reasons we chose the Escape over the Breakaway so my 6 year old could do it, although he never tried it. It was quite small and only a few feet off the ground. My 9 year old, however, loved the regular ropes course. It's a great feature.

Yeah, I agree. The kids one is really small, but I guess it is still cool to have it there. The large rope course on the other hand is a blast!

Ahhhhh Gambee... what are you doing?!? You're supposed to write your review BEFORE I sail on a ship, so it adds to the excitement. Not AFTER, when it pains me to realize that I have no active booking on the ship. It's so tough to be reminded of all I'm missing out on. :mad:

I love the sunset on the waterfront photos... beautiful! (minus "mom's first spill" - for which a tear was shed)

Thanks for taking the time to do this ship justice! Looking forward to the rest...

I just got caught up! Love reading your reviews and hearing about your future plans and your relationship with your mom :) I haven't been on a Norwegian ship in many years, but you make this look so tempting!

And for the record, Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin is one of my favorite beers too!:D:p

As always, thanks for everything you do!

Gambee, amazing as always!!!! :D:D:D

We were originally booked on this cruise with you but ended up switching to the Breakaway instead (and had a great time with PERFECT weather in Bermuda). But, thanks to you, it's like I get to take the Escape cruise too! Thank you as always!

Ahhhhh Gambee... what are you doing?!? You're supposed to write your review BEFORE I sail on a ship, so it adds to the excitement. Not AFTER, when it pains me to realize that I have no active booking on the ship. It's so tough to be reminded of all I'm missing out on. :mad:

I love the sunset on the waterfront photos... beautiful! (minus "mom's first spill" - for which a tear was shed)

Thanks for taking the time to do this ship justice! Looking forward to the rest...

Glad you're enjoyed the review :)

No worries, we dont have any booking either. I guess I will have to start looking soon :)

Great review... Looking forward to the rest also. Can't wait to hear your comments on the shows, comedy and other specialty restaurants.

We went to a bunch of restaurants, I am sure you will find it very informative.

I just got caught up! Love reading your reviews and hearing about your future plans and your relationship with your mom :) I haven't been on a Norwegian ship in many years, but you make this look so tempting!

And for the record, Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin is one of my favorite beers too!:D:p

As always, thanks for everything you do!

I loved that beer, now I need to find a place around here that sells them. I don't believe I've ever seen it at our local store.

Thank you for following :)

Gambee, amazing as always!!!! :D:D:D

We were originally booked on this cruise with you but ended up switching to the Breakaway instead (and had a great time with PERFECT weather in Bermuda). But, thanks to you, it's like I get to take the Escape cruise too! Thank you as always!

We loved both ships, but like you said, Bermuda is unlike anything else!

Thank you for posting and following :)

You do realize that you don't have to individually post for each response. You can create one mega response by clicking on the smaller button just to the right of the word quote that has the quote mark and a plus sign. Once you have hit that button on all the ones you want to respond to then hit the "quote" button on the final one then they all appear neatly in one post where you can consolidate. It makes your thread much easier than clogging up an already lengthy thread with banal "thanks for subscribing" posts multiple times in row. This drastically will reduce the load time of the thread for those on slower connections.

Hello

I'm glad you enjoyed Escape . Would I be able to bother you for an opinion ? Either yourself personally or someone you know.

What's it like to sail out of NYC in February ? (I'm Canadian cold weather does not bother me, we have outdoor festivals all season long here). I heard the waters can get quite rough. I'd love some input , looking to sail Norwegian Gem February 27 . Thank you

You do realize that you don't have to individually post for each response. You can create one mega response by clicking on the smaller button just to the right of the word quote that has the quote mark and a plus sign. Once you have hit that button on all the ones you want to respond to then hit the "quote" button on the final one then they all appear neatly in one post where you can consolidate. It makes your thread much easier than clogging up an already lengthy thread with banal "thanks for subscribing" posts multiple times in row. This drastically will reduce the load time of the thread for those on slower connections.

You can read Gambee's reviews without the comments on his website, cruisingwithgambee

I appreciate the time that he takes to not only review, but to thank each of his "fans"!

Hi Gambee, Your reviews And pictures are FANTASTIC. I want to send out a belated birthday wish for your MOM. We have never tried Norwegian but after your 2nd review on the Norwegian brand we might give it a try. Gary:rolleyes: