Thomson Spirit.

Just booked to sail on the Spirit this summer.

Not been with Thomson cruises for years.

What is the Spirit like ?

Any information, good and bad would be much appreciated.

Also booked the drinks inclusive package.

It seems a very good deal, even though I don't drink that much. ( that might increase this cruise)

Does it cover all drinks, and are there speciality coffees included ?

Hi nigkar unfortunately it does not include speciality coffee but you get 50% off in the coffee port. You can have a nice cup in one of the bars and shot of something in it! Not all the drinks are free but wine is, draft beer and spirits including Drambuie, Bailey's etc and now proseco. You also have to pay for bottled water and they will offer it a dinner just ask for tap water most do. We love the ship it is small but has a great atmosphere, entertainment and food.

Sent from my VF-895N using Forums mobile app

Hi nigkar unfortunately it does not include speciality coffee but you get 50% off in the coffee port. You can have a nice cup in one of the bars and shot of something in it! Not all the drinks are free but wine is, draft beer and spirits including Drambuie, Bailey's etc and now proseco. You also have to pay for bottled water and they will offer it a dinner just ask for tap water most do. We love the ship it is small but has a great atmosphere, entertainment and food.

Spirit HAS NO COFFEE PORT !!!!!!!!

baileys and prosecco arn't on the spirtis ai either its drinks package is totally different to the celebration, dream or discovery

Well, I'm begining to look forward to the cruise now.

With or without the prosecco.

Has anyone got a list of the Spirits bar menus ?

Please keep the information coming.

Thanks everyone

Well, I'm begining to look forward to the cruise now.

With or without the prosecco.

Has anyone got a list of the Spirits bar menus ?

Please keep the information coming.

Thanks everyone

Should be same as Majesty's drinks menu if anyone has that.

• 2 weeks later...

We are going on the Spirit in May and have never cruised with Thomson so any more info would be good. We did cruise with Airtours when they started the package tour cruise revolution and had a great time. Have been on a few other cruises since then but always remember our Airtours cruise fondly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some confusion can arise with drinks menus etc on Thomson ships because not all Thomson ships are Thomson ships :confused::)

Discovery, Dream and Celebration are Thomson ships but Spirit and Majesty are Thomson branded but run by Louis cruises. As such things like bar menus, what is on the AI etc etc can be different.

I believe this summer is Spirit and Majesty's last season so the remaining Thomson ships will be Discovery, Discovery 2, Dream and Celebration.

They won't be Thomson ships for long though as they will be rebranded as TUI because the Thomson brand is set to disappear.

ps - I like the Madge and Spirit but can't stand Spirits (and Celebrations) awful single cabins.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Spirit last October and were unfortunate enough to be given an extremely noisy cabin right next to Reception. Every morning, just as the ship was entering port, a hideous grinding noise started up and went on until we were berthed. It started up again when we left the port later in the day. When we complained to Reception we were told it was something to do with the pilot coming on board but that's as much as they knew! As the ship was virtually full, they could only offer us an inferior cabin as an alternative which we declined. I took this up with Customer Services when we got home but apart from a half-hearted apologetic email, there was no response.

Apart from that, the cruise was fine but be warned the Spirit is rough around the edges and, quite frankly, past its use-by date.

We have cruised on the Spirit several times. Yes she is more than a little past her sell by date but clean and well maintained. The crew are great and the entertainment usually very good. Now for the " but ". Yesterday on a Face Book group I saw a video of passengers " enjoying themselves " on deck. OMG !!! What a drunken rabble. Is this what Thomson is coming to? Nothing like the Thomson cruises we enjoyed in the past.

Most people like us use the AI package responsibly but some people seem to feel they need to get their money's worth and drink to excess and have no consideration for others.

We like the idea of the " new " ships but the thought of several hundred passengers like this lot on the video on AI is putting us off booking. I think Thomson is making a big mistake by making the two new ships AI.

Hi all

Looking forward to our adults only cruise on the Spirit in June/July for our 20th wedding anniversary. Our last cruise was on our 1st wedding anniversary on the Topaz. Have found cruise critic a great help when choosing ship/cabin etc.