Do you have to know how to swim to do The Bath ?

Mer turquoise

If your excursion drops you off via bus you don't have to be able to swim to do the baths. You do have to be in decent physical shape though. There was lots of climbing, bending and crouching to get through and over the boulders. There are two trails you can take to get to the beach, I believe one is much easier than the other.

I believe that there are some excursions that will take you by small boat where you have to swim into the beach. We did our excursion through NCL, docked at Tortola then ferry to Virgin Gorda and bus to the Baths.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The typical way to visit the Baths is to tahe the 30 minute ferry to Virgin Gorda and take a short taxi ride to the Top of the Baths, then walk down a natural path to the beach and enter the Baths. You do not need to be a swimmer to experience the Baths if you go this way. There are independent and ship-sponsored excursions that will moor several yards off the beach, and you have to swim into shore in what can be very rough water and rip tides. I would recommend only strong swimmers go with that option.

This is a great self-excursion and very easy to do on your own. The roundtrip ferry is $30pp for adults, and the roundtrip taxi on VG is about $8pp. The ferry schedule is very reliable and depending on your time in port you can customize this to fit your day. The ship excursion will use the same transportation at a higher cost.

• 1 month later...
The typical way to visit the Baths is to tahe the 30 minute ferry to Virgin Gorda and take a short taxi ride to the Top of the Baths, then walk down a natural path to the beach and enter the Baths. You do not need to be a swimmer to experience the Baths if you go this way. There are independent and ship-sponsored excursions that will moor several yards off the beach, and you have to swim into shore in what can be very rough water and rip tides. I would recommend only strong swimmers go with that option.

This is a great self-excursion and very easy to do on your own. The roundtrip ferry is $30pp for adults, and the roundtrip taxi on VG is about $8pp. The ferry schedule is very reliable and depending on your time in port you can customize this to fit your day. The ship excursion will use the same transportation at a higher cost.

Sounds like a silly question I know, but we are watching videos of the Baths and looks like everyone is waist deep in water! My husband has a GoPro so no problem there, but what do I do with my IPhone camera? I read about this and sounded like a great experience. We've done a lot of hiking in Hawaii and this sounds like so much fun and I don't care about getting wet, but just wondering if you only wear a bathing suit and cover up .... where do you keep $ and camera? Maybe what we are watching is in addition to the ferry, taxi, walk thru the rocks to the beach and back and doable? Sorry for sounding a tad crazy, but want to be prepared .... sounds like a fun experience! Thanx for any input!

We ordered this (you can do something similar, but for us the reviews are good and you can't beat the price!) I used it on our last two cruises and had no trouble whatsoever. DO try it at home before going on vacation tho!

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Waterproof-JOTO-CellPhone-Motorola/dp/B00LBK7OSY/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1488199128&sr=1-1&keywords=Universal+Waterproof+Case%2C+JOTO+CellPhone+Dry+Bag+Pouch+for+Apple+iPhone+6S+6%2C6S+Plus%2C+SE+5S%2C+Samsung+Galaxy+S7%2C+S6+Note+5+4%2C+HTC+LG+Sony+Nokia+Motorola+up+to+6.0%22+diagonal+-Blac

(Many) years ago I bought a container slightly bigger than of deck of cards. It had a hinged top with an o-ring in it, which keeps money, keycard and credit card watertight. This isn't the one I bought, but it looks a lot like this

https://www.amazon.com/WITZ-Surfsafe-Waterproof-Sports-Case/dp/B0065CMDG6/ref=sr_1_4?s=outdoor-recreation&ie=UTF8&qid=1488199427&sr=1-4&keywords=waterproof+case

Enjoy the Baths.....we will be going there in October and can't wait!

Thanx CarolSS! On the second link you posted, I scrolled down and there are a couple there very reasonably priced that will fit Iphone6 plus, credit card, cash and passport that can be strapped across the chest or wherever. Think that will work. Appreciate your feedback and will be ordering later today! :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been having a terrible time trying to post so this is my last attempt ... think it might be the 'preview' which only shows half the post, so I'm just going to post this. Here goes. My husband and I will be on the Escape first week in April and want to do the Baths on our own. I've read all the posts here and it sounds amazing. But, I also like to confirm things. I've looked online and although there is a lot of information, it's pretty dated. So, I've read to catch the 7:45 a.m. Ferry (Speedy's) and the walk to there from the ship is about 10