6500 Passengers!

Vineyard View

i have been looking at our ports and there are a few that I fear will be very crowded on the day we will be there. Antigua is one of them with almost 6500 passengers.

Is this a high count, or average? Will there be any escaping ;p

Escape the Cruise Herds? One can :)

Beach location

The best two places for your consideration are JACQUI O's and CECILIA'S look nowhere else, as every decent "quiet" beach will attract the cruise herds, and cease to be so.

Both are upmarket shabby chic class places with excellent service, food, drinks, facilities and are "well away" from the Cruise Herds, no matter how many ships are in port. JO's and C's are NOT "grab a bed and an umbrella" places.

JO is closed on a Monday and is closest to the Port.

Cecilia's has a lower price point and slightly further away

Book your visit/lunch/day in advance.

Whoever you select there will be no disappointment.

JACQUI O's - https://www.facebook.com/

CECILIA'S - http://highpointantigua.com/ or http://www.antiguanice.com/v2/client.php?id=170

However, if you like the ambience of a Yacht/Beach Club, then go for the Pavilion

Contact the Concierge at the Pavilion

concierge@christopheharbour.com

They may have reservation space to allow you to visit, take lunch, drinks etc for a day

Cruise Herds will NEVER establish the P as a "destination".

Definitely NOT a "grab a bed and an umbrella" beach place.

Thank you Port Royal.....I have noticed you suggesting these two places a few times! I did some research and indeed they get mostly great reviews. It seem mostly these two places have a focus on the restaurants, and that might be a really good option.....I would also want to enjoy some beach time at their properties.

We are hoping to head early to Nelson Dockyards and English Gardens before the masses hit - that may be a pipe dream.....

We are scheduled 8-6 in port, so hoping we will have time to do both.....which of these suggested places would be closest to Dockyards, and does this plan seem feasible?

Are you renting a car or taking a tour? Do you like snorkeling or just hanging at a beach with food/umbrellas/bar? If you like boat tours, we did an awesome one with Adventure Antigua that has a 360 circumference (sp) tour that you see a lot and is fun. It is expensive but we enjoyed it so much we are going back next year when our cruise stops there.

Thank you Port Royal.....I have noticed you suggesting these two places a few times! I did some research and indeed they get mostly great reviews. It seem mostly these two places have a focus on the restaurants, and that might be a really good option.....I would also want to enjoy some beach time at their properties.

We are hoping to head early to Nelson Dockyards and English Gardens before the masses hit - that may be a pipe dream.....

We are scheduled 8-6 in port, so hoping we will have time to do both.....which of these suggested places would be closest to Dockyards, and does this plan seem feasible?

Yes, the focus is on being a restaurant/bar. However, they have great beds (as websites show) for beach time.

Your best option would be JO as being on the main road to/from Nelson's Dockyard.

Send an E-mail to Lance (or telephone) at JO to book and discuss your requirements. Lance is always flexible to support guests. :)

If you wish, Lance and Jacqui can even organise basket/finger food for you. It's good to talk. (Consider spoiling yourselves with the famous JO Gourmet Berger - One must try it once)

Be careful with the 'special cocktails', as they silently creep up on one.;)

Enjoy your time at JO.

Welcome to the Club.

Don't forget to sign the visitors book.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Jean87510 - thanks for that boat idea. It does look great....we have tours on water booked in St Lucia and Barbados (our other two large passenger island days) so probably just wanting to DIY here.

I think where we are gravitating towards is taking a taxi to the Dockyards/Harbor as soon as we disembark....when it becomes too packed, then JO's might be the ticket for lunch and some beach time if that is where we get away from crowds and at the same time enjoy a beautiful beach.

Port Royal do you have an email you would share for reaching out to him?

Thanks much both of you!

Jean87510 - thanks for that boat idea. It does look great....we have tours on water booked in St Lucia and Barbados (our other two large passenger island days) so probably just wanting to DIY here.

I think where we are gravitating towards is taking a taxi to the Dockyards/Harbor as soon as we disembark....when it becomes too packed, then JO's might be the ticket for lunch and some beach time if that is where we get away from crowds and at the same time enjoy a beautiful beach.

Port Royal do you have an email you would share for reaching out to him?

Thanks much both of you!

OI0DRqj6Vyr.png

lovebeachantigua@gmail.com

One can also message via their Facebook Page

or Call +1 268-562-2218