Volendam to the rescue! saves 76 people

MightyQuinn

I wonder if Peter Bos is still Master of Volendam? We sailed with him in Alaska on Volendam earlier this year. His love of the Great Land in general and Glacier Bay in particular was palpable. I'm sure he would feel very gratified to assist in this rescue.

Kudos to Volendam Captain, officers and crew who played a primary role in the rescue of passengers of a small vessel that hit a rock at Glacier Bay. HAL rocks!

http://www.uscgnews.com/go/doc/4007/1518955/Multiple-agencies-respond-to-vessel-taking-on-water-in-Glacier-Bay

That is neat!...Kudos to the Captain & Crew!

Thanks for posting it!

Betty

...................... His love of the Great Land in general and Glacier Bay in particular was palpable. I'm sure he would feel very gratified to assist in this rescue.

You said it all right there Mighty Quinn, thanx!:) The man loves Alaska (and its incredible wildlife), his crew and his ship!

Kudos to Volendam Captain, officers and crew who played a primary role in the rescue of passengers of a small vessel that hit a rock at Glacier Bay. HAL rocks!

http://www.uscgnews.com/go/doc/4007/1518955/Multiple-agencies-respond-to-vessel-taking-on-water-in-Glacier-Bay

My favourite ship and captain to the rescue! Well done!

good work volendam. To the crew and officers, job well done. Holland america you rocks.

thanks mightquinn for posting this heart warming story of a helping hand from the vollendam. Certainly glad everyone was ok and got off safely.

+1 :)

I do not want to be a party pooper and offcourse well done Volendam. However, don't forget that it is mandatory to help a vessel in distress. Had it been any other ship/cruiseline in the vicinity, they would have helped as well.
Very true. But rescuing 76 passengers is not a common occurrence in Glacier Bay and Volendam was in the right place at the right time to provide assistance. No harm in acknowledging a job well done. Even the US Coast Guard thanked them!

Very true. But rescuing 76 passengers is not a common occurrence in Glacier Bay and Volendam was in the right place at the right time to provide assistance. No harm in acknowledging a job well done. Even the US Coast Guard thanked them!

If I may add to that thought........

Sadly, in today's world, we do not always see people doing the right thing even it they are legally obliged to do so.

A word of praise for well done, IMO, is never inappropriate.

Maybe it encourages those who might otherwise be 'less inclined'.

Amen to that! We love HAL and always feel safe. Will sail on Volendam on Sept 29 for 55 days and if he's still in command off personal congratulations.

Archived