Newcastle 2018

TA says April -same as last year unfortunately we were on Dream doing Transatlantic and missed out on the good price on the Celebration Baltic cruise by the time we got back it had gone up £300 and only 2.5 weeks after new brochure came out it was so popular. We want to book Discovery TA from Barbados but it won't be out til April as it doesn't get back to Corfu until May and the flights aren't settled yet so we'll have to book at Destination services on the ship I think to ensure price doesn't rise again before we get back. TA says she'll text me as soon as it's available 🚢😎

Does anyone know if thomsons will be doing cruises from newcastle next summer?

I hope so, can't wait to book it. I would go this year but thought I might be pushing my luck after doing a 23 day one this April:D

I keep looking for the brouchers but according to the local travel agents it won't be out till April.

TA says April -same as last year unfortunately we were on Dream doing Transatlantic and missed out on the good price on the Celebration Baltic cruise by the time we got back it had gone up £300 and only 2.5 weeks after new brochure came out it was so popular. We want to book Discovery TA from Barbados but it won't be out til April as it doesn't get back to Corfu until May and the flights aren't settled yet so we'll have to book at Destination services on the ship I think to ensure price doesn't rise again before we get back. TA says she'll text me as soon as it's available 🚢😎

the discovery 1 and 2 tas are available to book online

Sorry but only Celebration, Dream and Discovery2 are available to book on line for their TA repositioning cruises

Celebration leaves Dominican Republic in March and Discovery2 leaves Montego Bay in April and arrives in the Med before end of April. However Discovery 1 has had an extra week added for the winter Caribbean season and doesn't arrive at its home port in Corfu until May and the flights for summer 2018 have not been finalised which is why it's not available to book yet I.e only when the summer 2018 brochure is released.

I have a copy of itineries for Discovery called Tropical Sunsets which was posted on CC forum some time ago which shows the repositioning cruise starting from Barbados on 15th April 2018 - visiting Castries, Basseterre, Philipsburg, St Johns, 6 days at Sea, Funchal, day at sea, Cadiz, Malaga, day at Sea, Cagliari, Taranto, Corfu Town - arriving 4th May 2018.

However as this cruise is still not on sale and Discovery is offering a further week commencing 15th April in the Caribbean then I assume the repositioning cruise will commence 22nd April.

I have also seen that Discovery has been booked into port in Norway during summer 2018 on this forum but as has happened before this booking could be for another ship, maybe Discovery 2?

Anyway all will become clear when the new brochure comes out in April.

I have a copy of itineries for Discovery called Tropical Sunsets which was posted on CC forum some time ago which shows the repositioning cruise starting from Barbados on 15th April 2018 - visiting Castries, Basseterre, Philipsburg, St Johns, 6 days at Sea, Funchal, day at sea, Cadiz, Malaga, day at Sea, Cagliari, Taranto, Corfu Town - arriving 4th May 2018.

However as this cruise is still not on sale and Discovery is offering a further week commencing 15th April in the Caribbean then I assume the repositioning cruise will commence 22nd April.

I have also seen that Discovery has been booked into port in Norway during summer 2018 on this forum but as has happened before this booking could be for another ship, maybe Discovery 2?

Anyway all will become clear when the new brochure comes out in April.

its on the web site, its been up since before xmas and heard selling quick

We've found 1 cruise

SORT BYDeparture DateDeparture DatePrice - low to high

Edited by mtt

Sorry but only Celebration, Dream and Discovery2 are available to book on line for their TA repositioning cruises

Celebration leaves Dominican Republic in March and Discovery2 leaves Montego Bay in April and arrives in the Med before end of April. However Discovery 1 has had an extra week added for the winter Caribbean season and doesn't arrive at its home port in Corfu until May and the flights for summer 2018 have not been finalised which is why it's not available to book yet I.e only when the summer 2018 brochure is released.

the dream is not doing a ta, its in the canaries for the winter

My thank you so much Firstly Dream was an error I knew she wasn't in the Caribbean winter 2017/2018

Secondly the initial TA repositioning cruise for Discovery was 23 days to Corfu and I was told by TA not available yet because of May flights - not happy

Thirdly then I saw it was doing an extra week in Caribbean from 15th so realised she wouldn't be sailing until 22nd April

Fourthly I have been looking on line for a 15+ night cruise as the TAs usually are and have completely missed it as it's only a 14 night cruise

Not happy - do not want to go into Malaga and definitely not after being in Gibraltar the day before and having all the scanning problems at Malaga port.

Perhaps the best solution is to book it and book the first week cruise to Corfu if that's going to be her home port but will have to wait for summer brochure to do that

Well thanks for helping me out very grateful

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 West Caribbean & Central America BtoB

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 West Caribbean Panama & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

My thank you so much Firstly Dream was an error I knew she wasn't in the Caribbean winter 2017/2018

Secondly the initial TA repositioning cruise for Discovery was 23 days to Corfu and I was told by TA not available yet because of May flights - not happy

Thirdly then I saw it was doing an extra week in Caribbean from 15th so realised she wouldn't be sailing until 22nd April

Fourthly I have been looking on line for a 15+ night cruise as the TAs usually are and have completely missed it as it's only a 14 night cruise

Not happy - do not want to go into Malaga and definitely not after being in Gibraltar the day before and having all the scanning problems at Malaga port.

Perhaps the best solution is to book it and book the first week cruise to Corfu if that's going to be her home port but will have to wait for summer brochure to do that

Well thanks for helping me out very grateful

Thomson Spirit Oct 2005 Repo Palma to Sharm el Sheikh

Thomson Celebration Jan 2007 Red Sea Magic

Ocean Village Feb 2008 West Caribbean & Central America BtoB

Ocean Village Aug 2008 Eastern Med

Ocean Village 2 Feb 2009 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Ocean Village Mar 2010 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Dream Feb 2011 Eastern Caribbean & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Celebration Aug 2011 Eastern Med

Thomson Celebration Apr 2012 Red Sea Magic

Thomson Celebration Apr/May 2012 Repo Sharm el Sheikh to Marmaris

Thomson Dream Feb 2013 Eastern Caribbean BtoB

Thomson Majesty Nov/Dec 2014 Colourful Coasts Canaries

Thomson Dream Jan/Feb 2015 West Caribbean Panama & Cuba BtoB

Thomson Dream Apr 2015 Transatlantic Sunset

Thomson Majesty June 2015 Hellenic Classics

Thomson Celebration Sept 2015 Adriatic Affair

Thomson Dream Jan 2016 Mayan Treasures/Cuban Revolution

Thomson Dream April 2016 Atlantic Adventure

Thomson Dream June 2016 Iconic Islands/Adriatic Explorer

Thomson Celebration Jan 2017 Cities of Gold

Thomson Dream April2017 Atlantic Daydream

Thomson Majesty Sept2017 Med Medley/Treasures of Med

maybe the discovery is malaga to go to the uk, think it may be d2 sailing from corfu

=MAN:Airport&flexibility=true&noOfSeniors=0&when=01-04-2018&sailingDate=10Apr18&to[]=L04304:CruiseArea&packageId=15233544000001523368800000TOM16415249093000001524915600000TOM2681420815827/2/1195/18ZI01&index=2&brandType=null&addAStay=0&cabin[]=1,2&dp=MAN&bb=AI&mcId=055639|T&searchVariant=FLY_CRUISE_ATCOM&finPos=2"]ATLANTIC DISCOVERIES

Visiting:

• Montego Bay, Jamaica
  • Havana, Cuba
  • Nassau, Bahamas
  • King'S Wharf, Bermuda
  • King'S Wharf, Bermuda
  • Ponta Delgada, Azores

• Lisbon, Portugal
  • Malaga, Costa Del Sol
  • Cartagena, Spain
  • Palma, Majorca

• TUI Discovery 2
  • Departs 10 Apr 2018 | 18-night cruise

• Manchester flights
  • 1 x Inside Cabin (cheapest available)
  • All Inclusive cruise (All tips included)

sailaway posted this near the begining of jan

Looks to be like the following...

MEIN SCHIFF 1 (LISTED AS TUI DISCOVERY 3 ON VILLEFRANCHE)

Looks to be Western Med, most likely Palma on Saturday.

TUI DISCOVERY

Ex-UK Departures

TUI DISCOVERY 2

Corfu itineraries on Friday departures including Adriatic every other week

THOMSON DREAM

Palma itineraries on Tuesday departures

THOMSON CELEBRATION

Dubrovnik on Thursday departures

THOMSON SPIRIT???...

Being listed doing western Med cruises under Celeystal/Louis. Seems to be going from Palma on Sunday departures, with a very, very similar pattern to Thomson itineraries. Perhaps the rumoured Thomas Cook operation or Celeystal/Louis continuing Spirit with their own itineraries. They have lately said they are looking at growing their UK customer base.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Thanks Mtt missed this post completely probably while I was cruising the Middle East

Don't really want to do Discovery2 TA as we've done Bermuda on the Dream and the Azores 3 times so very disappointed I think we'll have to wait for April brochure and decide then

Thanks again

Any idea when we'd get a strong hint about this? I'm going on a Baltic cruise on Celebration but would cancel that and wait until next year if it's going to be one of the newer ships. In typical fashion if the brochure doesn't come out until the 20th April that's 5 days in to paying a %

• 1 month later...

Thanks wiamw i expect it will be much the same as this year but really looking to go to the baltic next year however think it will be a fortnight trip and not sure if i can do a fortnight.

P.S. I was on the celebration in january this year but all the woman in the coffee port said to me was milk and sugar:D