Procedure for bringing guests onboard

ellbelle

Search function not working!

Last minute (leaving tomorrow) we found that a friend of our daughter is going to meet us in the port of Corinto, Nicaragua. I thought it would be neat if we could bring him onboard to show him the ship.

What is the procedure for this and what documents would he need to bring with him?

Thank you in advance!!!

I believe you have to get permission in advance from HAL. Too bad you didn't know about it earlier, you could possibly have made arrangements. It looks like you'll just have to join him on shore to spend the time.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Last minute (leaving tomorrow) we found that a friend of our daughter is going to meet us in the port of Corinto, Nicaragua. I thought it would be neat if we could bring him onboard to show him the ship.

What is the procedure for this and what documents would he need to bring with him?

Thank you in advance!!!

I would say, at this time, its not going to happen. This normally is very limited in approval, and the approval needs to be vetted by corporate a couple of weeks in advance, by sending passport or other ID information. This is an international law, that relates to the ISPS Code (International Ship and Port Security), and means that he would most likely not be allowed into the port area, let alone the ship.

It took weeks to get my cousin on in Lisbon! All her passport details had to be sent in to HAL, they thought about it for a while and then approved her, so they sent her details to the Port and they thought about it for a while, finally we got approval for her to enter the port and come aboard. It was fun, we took her on a tour of the ship and to lunch in the Pinnacle. But it did take a lot of planning!:)

They do vet you pretty thoroughly. Passport info is required. Since was coming off one HAL ship and visiting another HAL ship and my host was a staff member mine came easily. It was a unique experience, including eating breakfast in one Lido and lunch in the other.

It can be done.

You will need their passport information, if approval is given, the guest leaves their passport with security when boarding the ship, and is given a "visitor" badge to wear.

Edited by erewhon

Thanks again for the replies. I will check once we are onboard to see if this is possible. We do have two weeks to put it together.

I suggest you have your friend scan his passport and email a copy for you to print out to show on the ship. I think on short notice, it's unlikely, but the better your ID info is, the more likely the chance of an approval.

Thanks again for the replies. I will check once we are onboard to see if this is possible. We do have two weeks to put it together.

Make sure you have all passport details, so that you can easily complete the form while you are on board the ship.

After your cruise please let us know the result.

Thank you in advance!!!

Go to the Front Office and ask to speak to a GRS (Guest Relations Supervisor); explain your situation to him/her and request if it is possible to have your friend come onboard as a visitor. The request needs approval from the staff captain. The paperwork that needs to be filled out is a Visitor Request form and you will need your friend's full name, nationality, DOB, PP or DL # and expiration date for same

Do this on the first day after you board, the sooner, the better. Those requests usually need 72 hours and approval is at the captain/staff captain's discretion

Good luck!