Possible bill errors - Can this be questioned months after?

Tampa Girl

I happened to look a the Explore 4 flyer today and then looked at the preliminary bill from our November 3rd Oosterdam TA. I can't see where we were credited for the internet charge or the pre-paid gratuities, as provided for in the flyer. Naturally, I had just thrown away the final bill. Can I get a copy of that final bill; and, if so, where would I send for it? And is there a point beyond which I can't challenge the bill?

I happened to look a the Explore 4 flyer today and then looked at the preliminary bill from our November 3rd Oosterdam TA. I can't see where we were credited for the internet charge or the pre-paid gratuities, as provided for in the flyer. Naturally, I had just thrown away the final bill. Can I get a copy of that final bill; and, if so, where would I send for it? And is there a point beyond which I can't challenge the bill?

First, do you have a copy of your reservation (from either HAL or your TA)? If so, look on there and see if the pre-paid gratuities and internet fees were part of your package. HAL runs so many deals and options that it would be easy for you or them to mix it up.

For example, sometimes only "suites" get all of the items on the Explore4 pacakge.

You can request a copy of the final bill by going onto the HAL website, 'Contact Us', then picking 'Email us'. There is a drop down menu for 'Topic' and one of the options is 'OnBoard Bill questions/Request a copy'.

That is what I was looking for. Thanks so much.

Yes, there is but for a definitive answer you need to consult an attorney as the answer may be affected by state law, as well as by the specific terms of your "contract" with HAL and maybe even by your credit car terms.

Edited by avian777

First, do you have a copy of your reservation (from either HAL or your TA)? If so, look on there and see if the pre-paid gratuities and internet fees were part of your package. HAL runs so many deals and options that it would be easy for you or them to mix it up.

For example, sometimes only "suites" get all of the items on the Explore4 package.

Good point, and that may be exactly what happened. I did not see on the online TA's booking anything about "Suite" benefits. We reserved under the 2015 Explore 4, although we were in an NS on the 2016 Oosterdam. Anyway, if it turns out that we have not received the appropriate credit, we would be due a refund from HAL. It is really not a dispute with the credit card. I have requested a copy of the final bill, so we shall see . . .

Depending on when you booked your cruise, the Explore 4 promo might have had different benefits. The last Explore 4 included the prepaid gratuities and internet credit for suites but the previous promo only included shipboard credit.

Agree 100% with this. The "offer" itself can have different benefits, depending on when you book. So, I recommend printing the offer details from HAL's website at the time of booking and keeping a copy in your cruising file. Given the constant changing of offers and details, things do get "messed up".

Depending on when you booked your cruise, the Explore 4 promo might have had different benefits. The last Explore 4 included the prepaid gratuities and internet credit for suites but the previous promo only included shipboard credit.

I suspect that we were under the previous Explore 4, but I will wait for the copy of the bill to be sent.

I suspect that we were under the previous Explore 4, but I will wait for the copy of the bill to be sent.

On Board Billing at Holland America <Onboardbilling@hollandamerica.com>

I didn't receive a copy of the final bill on my last Holland Cruise. These people provided one. Rather quickly.