Beer on Braemar

WeeCountyMan

Thanks, I followed the link which listed Shepherd Neame's "Spitfire" which is fine by me.

Anything (not quite) but Boddingtons !!!

On another tack, what is the formal night scenario on a 10 night cruise - one or more ?

I think it will be two, one on your second night and one on your second last night. It will be on your eticket how many formal nights and if there are any theme nights.

Yes Spitfire has been available in both the bars and restaurants and is what my husband drinks.

I brought home the sheet which is provided in the cabin at the beginning of a cruise for AI passengers, last June and spent some time sorting a good copy which could be posted here as there had been a lot of queries, so I will post the link to that thread below (there may be minor changes, but it has generally remained the same over the last few years).

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2369466

Take note of my comments made below the copy of Fred's sheet, which can be useful info.

All cabins have tea and coffee making facilities as well, but I have come across Fred closing the tea/coffee self stations overnight in the last few months. I think those tea stations used to be available 24 hours, but that may have only been on some ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Tring - I actually found the complete bar list on Fred's website, not sure I could navigate back there though.

Should have bookmarked it for future reference.

I noticed Fred offers "Carlsberg 0,0" alcohol free lager as part of the deal - I had a row with Thomsons not so long ago over charging £3.70 for a 330ml can of the "San Miguel 0,0" equivalent, an outrageous price for what in effect is a soft drink. To add insult to injury there was a £2.00 supplement for clients on their so called all inclusive drinks package !!!

Another weird marketing ploy - Thomsons launched a credit card recently which incurs no surcharge fee if booking a Thomsons/First Choice product through their website or in store - but they still add a % fee on their cruise ships and aircraft.