How quickly can you get off the ship when in port?

hockeymom987

How quickly can you get off the ship when you get to port? If the port time on the ship schedule says 8:00 a.m., what is a reasonable time to expect to get off and be able to get into a taxi? Is there any procedures that need to be done to disembark on a port day? Just trying to figure out if it is as simple as walking off the ship, or if I need to allot time to get this done! Thanks!

How quickly can you get off the ship when you get to port? If the port time on the ship schedule says 8:00 a.m., what is a reasonable time to expect to get off and be able to get into a taxi? Is there any procedures that need to be done to disembark on a port day? Just trying to figure out if it is as simple as walking off the ship, or if I need to allot time to get this done! Thanks!

If the ship is docked so no tender is needed and if the port authorities clear the paperwork in a timely manner you could be off by 8:15am, possibly earlier since sometimes the ship is cleared by authorities earlier.

If you carry your own cases off as soon as they let people off you can be at taxi stand in 15 minutes.

love sailing with RCCL

I believe the OP is referring to one of the ports they will be visiting, not debarking at their home port.

I believe the OP is referring to one of the ports they will be visiting, not debarking at their home port.

After reading again yes.Usually tours get off first unless​ you are there early.

love sailing with RCCL

An announcement will be made when the ship has been cleared by the local authorities.

Many times that happens pretty quickly.

Some tours meet on shore and that will cause a lot of people to line up to get off quickly.

We like to wait a little while until the majority of the tours are off the ship before we get off to do our own thing.

If you tell us what ports you will be visiting, we tell you if taxis are readily available.

• 2 weeks later...

for ports where your ship is docked, there could be a long line to get off the ship. As my hubby hates to wait in lines, we'll eat breakfast and return to our room and then leisurely go to the area indicated to get off the ship.

For tender ports, those on ship's tours, high category cabins, and high status in loyalty programs will get priority getting on the tenders -- depending on the cruise line.

If you're on an independent tour or excursion, make sure the company knows you're coming in on a ship (and which ship) and double check on where the pick up spot is. Don't book a 8am tour when your ship is scheduled to get in at 8, just in case there's a delay in letting off people, or there's several in front of you in line.