Cruise or Air. Which to pay for first?

I might be over-thinking this. Our cruise, Panama transit is not until January. I've been looking at air fare prices

GEG-MIA Jan 23 and LAX-GEG Jan 27 and am seeing good prices. Around $327 for each person We paid closer to $500+ this past year to go to FLL round trip. I am thinking that I should purchase the air tickets since those prices can change. My cruise price is locked in.

What would you do?

A 4 day transit cruise?? Use hopper app & input your itinerary. It'll tell you whether to book now or wait. Sounds like a decent fare if it's on a legacy carrier. I'd book it if you've already locked in the cruise!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That price for air sounds pretty good...I'd book it, but as the above posted illuded to, I think the dates of your cruise was a typo somewhere as I don't think any canal transit cruise is only 4 days.

I might be over-thinking this. Our cruise, Panama transit is not until January. I've been looking at air fare prices

GEG-MIA Jan 23 and LAX-GEG Jan 27 and am seeing good prices. Around $327 for each person We paid closer to $500+ this past year to go to FLL round trip. I am thinking that I should purchase the air tickets since those prices can change. My cruise price is locked in.

What would you do?

I'd purchase the airfare. But are your dates correct? I've never heard of a Panama Canal transit being only four days, not even when it's only a partial transit.

Plus, I would suggest booking your flight to Florida at least a day ahead of your cruise. Especially as you're talking about a winter cruise.. Even if you're not coming from a snowy area, if there's some bad storms, it can affect many flights all over.

Congrats on getting a good price. Whenever we are flying to the West Coast for a cruise, I make sure we can get a good price on airfare before booking the cruise. But we are always booking at the last-minute--after the final payment date in most cases. I'll have our TA place a 24-hours hold on the cruise if I find a great bargain so I can have time to check out airfares.

We do exactly the same, though sometimes we can only get a hold for eight hours-which is usually enough time. Quite often we are shopping for late booking cruises and airfare at the same time. One or two cruise lines actually allow us to go into their cruise air system prior to booking to determine if there are any well priced cruise air options. In one instance, this was the clincher-great cruise fare and a very good one way air home from Europe.

On numerous occasions we have actually found buying airfares closer in to be more cost advantageous than buying them six months out. Especially overseas airfares. Busy holiday seasons are an exception.