I'm in a jam picking a cruise for the 3 of us!

cruiser69420

I'm in a bit of a Jam

We're leaving out of either Halifax or Fredericton and it has to be after May 26th.

So its going to be my spouse and I (2) people in one inside stateroom and my mother-in-law in her own stateroom (1).

We're looking at taking the Carnival Splendor on May 27th leaving out of Fort Lauderdale, and I'm getting quotes of $2200 CAD per room. I think thats a bit pricey.. $4400 for 3 people to cruise around for 8 days?

I'm trying to figure out a more affordable budget here and not trying to spend a small fortune. My spouse and mother-in-law love beaches and beach hunting for seaglass and stuff..

Running quick numbers here...that ship, that date, inside cabin, using todays exchange comes to (per person)

921.00 CAD to which you must add

xxx.xxx port fees and taxes

This from a reputable online TA.

Looking forward, prices increase as June progresses.

I'm definitely shopping around but trying to figure out what our best bang for our buck would be.

I'm almost tempted to book flights straight for St.Maarten for a week and just stay someplace by a beach as that would essentially be cheaper for the 3 of us.

When you calculate the cost of a resort Caribbean vacation, be sure to add resort fees to your pricing, add cost of meals cor each per day (Usuallyly pricey in many nice resorts. Add tax/ transportation costs to get to restaurants at night unless you don't get out an about and stay at the same place around your hotel....... ( groan, I would hate that).

You MIL will be paying the same as you and your wife....cabins are priced for DOUBLE occupancy, even if only 1 person is in there.

This. Is there someone who your MIL would like to travel with to split the cost of your MIL's cabin? Alternatively, going with a 3 person cabin?

I personally like option 1 better. I like my MIL but I would like some "private time" with my wife as well.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Forums mobile app

I actually decided for all 3 of us to sleep in one cabin and I essentially saved us $1000

Unfortunately my credit card didn't go through to book it through a travel agent and now theres an imaginary 'hold'. I hate credit cards sometimes, I hope this figures itself out so I can get this cruise booked!