No more DD on Anthem

CHANGES TO DINING ONBOARD ANTHEM OF THE SEAS®

From 30 April 2016, dining onboard Anthem of the Seas® will change from the current Dynamic Dining model to the Royal Caribbean standard model of Traditional and My Time Dining for all guests, with:

•Traditional dining in Chic and The Grande

•My Time Dining in American Icon and Silk

•Fleet menu in all four main restaurants which will rotate nightly

•Additonal seating in all four main restaurants

•Solarium Bistro joining Coastal Kitchen as an exclusive Suite Class restaurant

Although probably true ... I'll wait for official communication from RC on the implementation and roll-out date. Right now this is just re-iteration of what's been posted from various rumors.

If April 30th is correct, there should be info from Royal anytime now

CHANGES TO DINING ONBOARD ANTHEM OF THE SEAS®

From 30 April 2016, dining onboard Anthem of the Seas® will change from the current Dynamic Dining model to the Royal Caribbean standard model of Traditional and My Time Dining for all guests, with:

•Traditional dining in Chic and The Grande

•My Time Dining in American Icon and Silk

•Fleet menu in all four main restaurants which will rotate nightly

•Additonal seating in all four main restaurants

•Solarium Bistro joining Coastal Kitchen as an exclusive Suite Class restaurant

Where did you get this information? I am just curious as I will be on the May 5 sailing and one of the passengers spoke to corporate F+B and they told her this week that nothing was changing for a few months. I will be very disappointed as we were really looking forward to DD classic.

Edited by MommaBear55

Well, that's a significant downgrade.

Solarium Bistro was "free" for what, 3 whole months?

And now 4 different types of menus being replaced by the standard fleet menu.

DD was one thing I was looking forward to when or if a Quantum-class ever made its way to Florida. Now why bother at all?

So there are only TWO venues with a combined capacity of 800 to handle my time dining?

Wait, they are jamming in more tables, so let's call it capacity 800 - 1000 to handle my time dining.

Capacity for 20-25% of guests in the My Time Dining venues. Bet that goes smoothly.

Ugh is right. On phone w/Crown & Anchor & they have no idea what I'm talking about. She's checking.

Thanks for checking on this! ... I still think there needs to be some sort of confirmation. I think something like this will eventually roll out, but I'm surprised by the 4/30 date

Although probably true ... I'll wait for official communication from RC on the implementation and roll-out date. Right now this is just re-iteration of what's been posted from various rumors.

If April 30th is correct, there should be info from Royal anytime now

It is on the official UK Agents site. I would not have posted it if I could not verify my source.

http://www.cruisingpoweruk.co.uk/rci/news.php?utm_source=rci_cpus_signup&utm_medium=email&utm_content=rci_discover_more_intro_button&utm_campaign=rci_summer_sports

Edited by little britain

So there are only TWO venues with a combined capacity of 800 to handle my time dining?

Wait, they are jamming in more tables, so let's call it capacity 800 - 1000 to handle my time dining.

Capacity for 20-25% of guests in the My Time Dining venues. Bet that goes smoothly.

Why is that bad?

With two seatings, the MDR is roughly 1/2 the number sailing, and with MTD just half of that (sometimes less) that would be 1/4 of those sailing.

Like regular dining, I'm sure they plan/schedule two or 3 seatings per table per night.

Seems pretty typical to me. Letting half the ship be MTD seems just fine.

Why is that bad?

With two seatings, the MDR is roughly 1/2 the number sailing, and with MTD just half of that (sometimes less) that would be 1/4 of those sailing.

Like regular dining, I'm sure they plan/schedule two or 3 seatings per table per night.

Seems pretty typical to me. Letting half the ship be MTD seems just fine.

You may be right.

Too bad about ditching the unique menus though

You may be right.

Too bad about ditching the unique menus though

that I agree with. But there have also been rumors about a menu shake up. hopefully that means that some of the more popular unique items will show up.

Is traditional dining on Oasis and Allure also in Chic and Grande?

On Oasis at least:

Deck 3 - American Icon - My Time Dining

Deck 4 - Grande - Traditional Dining

Deck 5 - Silk - Traditional Dining

There is no Chic dining room on Oasis.

Interesting that it appears they give the "nicer looking" venues to set dining and if you want an open seating plan you get the more casual appearance venues... At least that's how I consider them given the photos I've seen.

While I've yet to be on Royal that aspect of the Quantum Class highly intrigued me. What a shame

I am on the April 30 sailing. Although I prefer old-fashioned traditional dining, I am kind of sad to hear this news, especially being the first sailing to transition over because it's sure to not go so smoothly.

I'm glad I sailed this ship before they make these ridiculous changes. To block the Solarium Bistro to all non suite passengers is beyond dumb and insulting. It's in the SOLARIUM, it should be for anyone who's in there and wants a quick bite to eat without traveling too far. It's not even that desirable, it's just the principle. And the block my time diners from two whole restaurants and unify the menus is equally lame and moronic. Why couldn't they just leave this ship the way it was for the more forward thinking cruisers of the world? There are like 9000 other ships to choose from for those who want things the old fashioned way!

What a shame! [emoji30] I have been bragging to my 3 adults DD, DSIL the great experience DD Classic we had on our 19 nights on the Anthem last year and looking forward for all of us to book Anthem sometime in 2018 [emoji22]!

Question - the Grande was the more formal of the dining rooms, with its own dress code, correct?

Will it still be that way? We have a party of 13 on the Christmas Anthem sailing and feel that we should go for a late traditional dining time, instead of My Timing it and waiting for them to get our big party a table each night.

However, we have five kids (ages 11-16) with us and dont want to have to deal with dressing up.

thoughts?

thanks,

mixplix