RCCL returns to Port Miami with BIG news!

First of all, I am not sure if this is the right thread to post this discussion, but I will try to focus on RCCL rather than the port.

A couple of months ago RCCL announced they would invest millions of dollars in the Port of Miami to create state of the art terminals accommodating the worlds largest ships.

I have found a new article showing just exactly what the worlds largest cruise terminal will look like once completed and hints to the possibility of Miami becoming home to perhaps Oasis 4.

Royal is expected to make a big announcement tonight in regards to Miami remaining the Cruise Capital of the World.

Here is the link to the video and article (it's in Spanish, but still interesting to look at): http://www.univision.com/miami/wltv/noticias/urbanismo/royal-caribbean-creara-nueva-terminal-portuaria-en-miami-video

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

looks like this is the new standard for Royal cruise terminals

I know some of the cruise lines share terminals at various times...i wonder how Carnival will handle Royal branding all over the facilities they share.

looks like this is the new standard for Royal cruise terminals

I know some of the cruise lines share terminals at various times...i wonder how Carnival will handle Royal branding all over the facilities they share.

with all the money Royal is investing, I'm sure that includes branding rights. :eek:

Awesome! Nice find.

Assuming these renderings are coming from someone at Royal, it seems that they're definitely expecting an Oasis Class to sail from Miami.

1 at Miami

2 at Port Everglades

1 at Port Canaveral

1 at ?

I'd guess Asia.

• Like 1

I would love one up north in New York

No way.

Anthem is perfect up here as an all weather ship. Oasis Class could work in the summer, but even then they wouldn't be able to visit Bermuda so their itineraries would be limited.

Oasis Class in bad weather = very crowded indoors = unhappy cruisers

Now if Miami would get some decent off site parking it would be great. In FLL, Tampa, PC we have great off site parking that is less than 1/2 what the cruise port charges. All are quick and easy with very little wait time between getting there and going to the port and getting picked up at the port after a cruise.

In Miami we have tried every off site parking place there is and have not found one yet that is worth anything. They are all super slow about taking you and picking you up. We have tried them all numerous times and finally gave up and pay the $20 per day and park at the port.

But the new terminal looks great.

For us as pretty as Miami is to sail from, it saves us a good 1/2 hour to drive to FLL vs Miami, so I love cruising from FLL.