Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle Events

Celebrity Cruises

Thank you Celebrity. I just wish you had acknowledged the problem sooner. Calling Celebrity has primarily resulted in suggestions to fix my computer and once not even willing to discuss the issue as it was maintained that there is no connection between Celebrity and Cruise Critic. A nice big posting that this is a Celebrity issue and we can sign up on board would be much appreciated.

There already WAS a "nice big posting that this is a Celebrity issue and you can sign up on board". Did you miss the first post?

It IS a Celebrity issue, and the link (although provided by, and accessed through Cruise Critic) is a Celebrity link. Cruise Critic has nothing to do with the link (other than providing it), and nothing to do with the Connections party.

Some folks are reporting that the issue is fixed. I am having other issues now with my reservation still saying "On Hold - Expires in 24 Hour". My deposit has been paid for over two months. Celebrity is giving me a story about it not working properly because it was done through a TA and not directly through Celebrity. It is showing up just fine - other than the 24 hour hold thing.

From what I understand, MANY people book through TA's, and they aren't having issues with their reservation. (I booked with a MAJOR online cruise seller, and have used them MULTIPLE times on other lines and NEVER had ANY issues until Celebrity.)

Oh well.

There already WAS a "nice big posting that this is a Celebrity issue and you can sign up on board". Did you miss the first post?

It IS a Celebrity issue, and the link (although provided by, and accessed through Cruise Critic) is a Celebrity link. Cruise Critic has nothing to do with the link (other than providing it), and nothing to do with the Connections party.

Some folks are reporting that the issue is fixed. I am having other issues now with my reservation still saying "On Hold - Expires in 24 Hour". My deposit has been paid for over two months. Celebrity is giving me a story about it not working properly because it was done through a TA and not directly through Celebrity. It is showing up just fine - other than the 24 hour hold thing.

From what I understand, MANY people book through TA's, and they aren't having issues with their reservation. (I booked with a MAJOR online cruise seller, and have used them MULTIPLE times on other lines and NEVER had ANY issues until Celebrity.)

Oh well.

I was able to register for the connection party, we have 27p on the summit 17 jan sailing, thanks Celebrity for fixing, I hope it will stay like this for later cruises.

I have given ship and date on the right side and it tells me that 30 have signed up and then says congratulations but no request for my name or email. Does this mean I am signed up?

You need to sign up on the left side of the screen.

Oh oh. The left side says I'm not booked, but I am. It even finds my name when I give my ID, but then can't seem to find me to complete the registration. It is amusing that Celebrity keeps asking me how I like the new website. Sorry, I just don't like it.

On board Equinox now. Cruise Director made several announcements that there would be a cruise critic meet and mingle, it even was in Daily (unusual) in an attempt to overcome the problems with registration, kudos to Celebrity for this effort to make things better in th face of IT failure

On board Equinox now. Cruise Director made several announcements that there would be a cruise critic meet and mingle, it even was in Daily (unusual) in an attempt to overcome the problems with registration, kudos to Celebrity for this effort to make things better in th face of IT failure

Hi WestLakeGirl,

Thanks for the update. We're on the next Equinox sailing. Nice to hear that Celebrity is doing what they can to assist their onboard Guests. Is Paul Baya the current Cruise Director ?

Hi Everyone,

FYI, over the past several weeks, I've been trying to register for the Meet and Mingle, for our Equinox sailing next week. I've been trying to register, nearly every day. Tonight, 1/14/15, I was able to register our 2 bookings for this sailing.

While I'm uncertain if the issue is fully resolved... at the very least, some excellent progress has been made.

Thanks very much to Celebrity for working to resolve the registration issues !

Edited by Host Andy

Oh well.

Hi Dina. Did you contact your TA? Ive had that problem once in the past, & I called my TA (also a large on line agency), & he had it fixed the next day.

Good luck!

Hi Dina. Did you contact your TA? Ive had that problem once in the past, & I called my TA (also a large on line agency), & he had it fixed the next day.

Good luck!

Here's the thing......

I have a "guarantee" oceanview cabin.

When I spoke to a rep at Celebrity, they told me I can try calling my TA, and they would likely be able to assign a cabin now, and then get my reservation fixed on the Celebrity website. (We have used this TA many times, and it is one of - if not THE biggest online cruise company.)

From my previous experience on other cruise lines, the later a cabin is assigned, the higher chance of getting a better cabin. This seems to be especially true AFTER final payment when prices sometimes go down.

We always do guarantee cabins, and have always had good luck with it. And yes, we would be happy to just get the actual category we payed for - we understand the chance of that happening :)

Final payment is in a little more than a month, so I am going to wait and see what happens.

It appears that many more folks are able to register for the Connections parties now, so waiting another month won't make a difference for a May 2015 cruise :)

It's all good - we'll be cruising in 4 months :D

Edited by DinaS

Thank you Celebrity and our folks at Cruise Critic for giving us this wonderful opportunity to Meet on board. I noticed the registration process was working last weekend and have seen our numbers growing rapidly for our March and next November cruises. Again, many thanks for being our advocate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, cruisers. We just registered for the M&M on Celebrity's Equinox sailing from FLL to BCN on April 27, 2015. Look forward to meeting other CC cruisers and "reliving" experiences at sea. Right now, it seems 118 have signed up for the party. We'll raise a glass together!

• 1 month later...
Hi all,

We're aware that some of our guests are having issues registering for our Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle events that take place on our ships. We value the Cruise Critic community, and we want to make sure that these events still occur.

If you are having an issue registering, once on board, you will be able to visit Guest Relations where a sign up sheet will be prepared. Spare invitations will also be made available once registered. The Community Bulletin Board will clearly state the time and location of the Cruise Critic event. Lastly, these events will occur even if the registration does not reach 25 members!

We apologize for any inconvenience, but want to ensure that while we fix this issue, our guests are still able to enjoy these Cruise Critic Meet & Mingle events. Thanks!

Hello:

I've thoroughly searched for a "meet and mingle" and roll calls for the Infinity Cruise ship sailing to Alaska June 21st 2015. I find it weird that all other sailing dates in June for Alaska aboard Infinity have a "meet and mingle" roll call, but the not the one we're sailing on. As this trip is a gift from our daughter I have only used the sailing date with our names and not the reservation number but still that shouldn't make any difference in the search engines. I don't think we're the only ones on the ship. LOL Is there a problem with the date not showing up?

Hello:

I've thoroughly searched for a "meet and mingle" and roll calls for the Infinity Cruise ship sailing to Alaska June 21st 2015. I find it weird that all other sailing dates in June for Alaska aboard Infinity have a "meet and mingle" roll call, but the not the one we're sailing on. As this trip is a gift from our daughter I have only used the sailing date with our names and not the reservation number but still that shouldn't make any difference in the search engines. I don't think we're the only ones on the ship. LOL Is there a problem with the date not showing up?

The sailing dates just before and after your cruise date only have a handful of people on the roll calls. It just looks like it hasn't been started yet.

You can start a roll call for your sailing.

Did you also try registering for the connections party?

Hi, cruisers. We just registered for the M&M on Celebrity's Equinox sailing from FLL to BCN on April 27, 2015. Look forward to meeting other CC cruisers and "reliving" experiences at sea. Right now, it seems 118 have signed up for the party. We'll raise a glass together!

Hi MizNovember, don't forget to bring your beads for the connection Sailaway Party on Deck 15 aft... See you there... Happy sailing..

• 1 month later...

Celebrity Eclipse M&M on Norwegian Fjords sailing 9/5/15

I registered with Celebrity prior to sailing and received the confirmation email saying I would receive the date and time of the meeting on the first night of the cruise.

When we first went to the cabin there was no information regarding the M&M. ON going to bed the first night there was nothing, nor during the morning of the first day.

We went to Guest Relations to enquire when and where and were told that this was the responsibility of Cruise Critic to notify members. I showed them the Celebrity email, at which point the Guest Relations assistant found that the meeting was held at 10:15am that morning.

Very disappointed as this was the first time we had joined a Cruise Critic group and were looking forward meeting new friends. Just hope it works better on the next cruise. [emoji53]

Edited by Ballymoney Bailey Boy

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried several times to sign up for the M&M for the Silhouette, August 22, 2015 sailing. I get as far as the signup page, complete all the information (reservation number; guests names, email, etc) and hit submit and nothing happens.

I have tried several times to sign up for the M&M for the Silhouette, August 22, 2015 sailing. I get as far as the signup page, complete all the information (reservation number; guests names, email, etc) and hit submit and nothing happens.

Has anyone else on your roll call signed up for the party?

Do you get any type of message?

Over 30 have signed up. No error message. It just returns to the signup page after I hit submit. I'm aware that Celebrity has updated the website, maybe this is causing problems.

I would give it a few days and try again.

I would give it a few days and try again.

Just tried it today for my May 31, 2016 cruise on Connie. After hitting submit, it goes back to the signup page and no longer lists the passengers. Will try again tomorrow because Celebrity says it's still 365 days to my cruise, so maybe I'm a day early because next year is Leap Year. :confused:

Just tried it today for my May 31, 2016 cruise on Connie. After hitting submit, it goes back to the signup page and no longer lists the passengers. Will try again tomorrow because Celebrity says it's still 365 days to my cruise, so maybe I'm a day early because next year is Leap Year. :confused:

Same thing happens when I try to register for an upcoming August cruise. Called Celebrity and "IT is looking into it" :eek: