Aqua Class

NHCRUISIN

AQ is definitely worth it for that amount more. If it is that little, I'm thinking there are probably quite a few cabins left. Pick your cabin very carefully. Some of those cabins are in very poor locations. If you are not bothered by motion, some of the rooms forward, near the Relaxation Room are very nice. Just make sure you are not under the fitness area or the Aqua Spa Café. Under the Persian Gardens is very quiet.

There are some undesirable AQUA cabins---which are the ones under the gym and a few other places--take a look at the S Cabin Spreadsheet on the main page. We prefer to book the aqua 2 rooms back aft! I know 1648 was quiet! We have 1650 this August!

On S-class, all of the A1 cabins are under the deck 12 pool and may be noisy. However, the aft A2s (cabins 1621-1650) are under the deck 12 Sky suites and much quieter. They also often cost a little less than A1s; X does not seem to consider noise level in cabin pricing. For example, 30 of the 44 Sky suites on the Silhouette are right under the Oceanview Cafe, which may get noisy as soon as it opens for breakfast. (The other 14 Sky Suites are at the extreme aft of the ship. Those are quiet and have great views but they are about a 300 foot walk from the nearest elevator.)

On S-class, all of the A1 cabins are under the deck 12 pool and may be noisy. However, the aft A2s (cabins 1621-1650) are under the deck 12 Sky suites and much quieter. )

The deck plan for Reflection is different than the other S-class ships. A1 cabins on deck 11 are located under suite/rooms and there is no pool above the rooms. The pools are on deck 14.

For first time Aqua Class cruiser

Note that the Blu is open for lunch on embarkation day!

Is that something new because it has not been the case in the past. Sometimes they experiment on some ships and a few months later it is not available so I would not necessary be disappointed if you don't have lunch on embarkation day.

One thing to bear in mind if you choose to book an A1 cabin is that if you are a Captains Club member of classic level or above, you can book an A2 and upgrade for free as one of your perks.

Perhaps only the real tangible 'perk' of the lower levels.

However, as others have pointed out, A2 can certainly be more desirable than A1 at times so pay attention to the individual ship and area etc.

My daughter and I are sailing Celebrity for the first time in Oct. and next April. We have aqua class. Are there many vegetarian selections on the Blu menu? Or even the MDR? We love dairy and eggs, but nothing that had parents. Thanks!

My daughter and I are sailing Celebrity for the first time in Oct. and next April. We have aqua class. Are there many vegetarian selections on the Blu menu? Or even the MDR? We love dairy and eggs, but nothing that had parents. Thanks!

Yes there are. Not a huge selection though.

You do also have the options of the specialty restaurants, room service menu and Ocean View Café in addition to the two restaurants you mention.

If you ask the Maitre D' or dining room manager, they have a separate vegetarian menu with some really good choices!

Also, if there's something you really want, ask for it 24 hours in advance and I think they'll try to make it.

For first time Aqua Class cruiser

Note that the Blu is open for lunch on embarkation day!

Have you actually experienced this or just heard that it's true?

We also "heard" it but have never found it to actually occur. :(

Blu! AQ have their own dining room - Blu - which is definitely a perk in my view. The food is more to our task, less salt, sugar etc, smaller portions, but still delicious. Plus being a smaller room it is much quieter. The other perks include the Relaxation Lounge at the front of the ship which is nice but you can probably live without it. Also, free access to the Persian Garden steam/sauna area. Again, this depends on whether this is something you would use. The other good benefit in my opinion is free daily water unless you have a drink package in which case it makes no difference. The only downside is that depending on which ship you are on the location sometimes is not so good - far forward or far aft. If the price is right I would do it.

We are sailing AC in October. I drink a lot of water daily. How much bottled water is included with AC daily?

2 x 500ml bottles per room.

Depends on ship and your steward. Many including myself have reported that they can get unlimited water in Aqua Class. A tip is to take the two free bottles and put them in the refrigerator, chances are next time your steward comes in they will be replaced. We did that and also drank the water and received almost unlimited refills.

Make sure your grab the right waters though, they usually put fancier paid waters out also.

Edited by dkjretired

I'm trying out Celebrity Eclipse for the first time in Aqua class. In just 5 weeks we will be onboard. I've been reading lots of positive reviews about Blu, really looking forward to using this restaurant.

The ship looks amazing, wishing my time away.

Catherine

On our Alaska 2016 cruise - the Aqua 1 cabins were $400 cheaper than a Concierge 1 :eek: Having dined in Aqua only once before (suite) for dinner - we were not impressed (breakfast can't be beat) but decided we liked the aft deck 11 view (1138) and would give Blu a 7 day try. Had the price been more than a C1 I would not have booked Aqua. I'll be excited to come back and let everyone know if they have converted us.

On our Alaska 2016 cruise - the Aqua 1 cabins were $400 cheaper than a Concierge 1 :eek: Having dined in Aqua only once before (suite) for dinner - we were not impressed (breakfast can't be beat) but decided we liked the aft deck 11 view (1138) and would give Blu a 7 day try. Had the price been more than a C1 I would not have booked Aqua. I'll be excited to come back and let everyone know if they have converted us.

Hi Jane

I really think that Eclipse cruise last year was just a one off bad cruise.

We sailed in Aqua this last winter on the Equinox and again on the Eclipse and Blu was wonderful on both!

AND you got an aft cabin! :D

HAve a wonderful cruise!

• 3 weeks later...

Sailed on Celebrity many times, but have done CC, never before tried Aqua.

Yesterday, when booking the 7/3 Millenium Alaska cruise, with my 55+ discount, "Best Available" Aqua was significantly CHEAPER than verandah!... So Aqua here we come.

I don't know that (sick brother and other family stuff) I have time to fully research, but would like to know:

Any special 'secrets"?

On a night when there is some appetizer in the MDR that we would love, can we get that and THEN go to Blu?

Saw somewhere a mention of 'no formal nights" in AC. What does that mean?

We are Elite level. Do you think that will make any difference in cabin assignment?

Thanks'

Steve and John

Sailed on Celebrity many times, but have done CC, never before tried Aqua.

Yesterday, when booking the 7/3 Millenium Alaska cruise, with my 55+ discount, "Best Available" Aqua was significantly CHEAPER than verandah!... So Aqua here we come.

I don't know that (sick brother and other family stuff) I have time to fully research, but would like to know:

Any special 'secrets"?

On a night when there is some appetizer in the MDR that we would love, can we get that and THEN go to Blu?

Saw somewhere a mention of 'no formal nights" in AC. What does that mean?

We are Elite level. Do you think that will make any difference in cabin assignment?

Thanks'

Steve and John

You so not need formal attire in Blu. The dress code in Blu is always smart casual and above. Some people will choose to dress up, some won't.

I've never sailed Aqua Class. How much free drinking water is provided to the cabin each day?

Unlimited free drinking water can be obtained from the bathroom :)

Also two bottles of water each day are supplied which were probably just filled up from a faucet in a factory somewhere.

Could someone who knows please give a helpful answer?

The question has already been answered at least 3 times in this thread: 2 x 500ml bottles of water.

This is our first time on Celebrity and we are booked in Aqua on the Equinox. From the difficult map to read on Celebrity's site, my location of 163X seems to be ok. I always try to avoid common areas like a pool, gym, or restaurant being above the room.

I was hoping to snag a CS, but with my cruise sold out and a wait list two months out, I think this is where we'll be situated.

Excited to try Celebrity for the first time. When I first started cruising, this was the line/class of ship that I wanted to experience. Hoping that it meets my expectations.

Edited by absolutboy20