Have Equinox Questions ? Ask Here !

Andy

Andy, you are an absolute star :). Thank you so much for all the information you have provided here and for answering my questions. I am delighted to hear that the Molecular Bar is still onboard and that the beverage package upgrade price remains at $10 per day. Shame you are leaving the ship as we arrive tomorrow, I would have liked to sail with you. Maybe another time. Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchclogs View Post

Also, are there any gluten free options offered as standard?

Many thanks!

My wife has Celiac. All the menu offerings were marked with a symbol for gluten free or not, when we sailed last Nov. Fill out the 'Special Needs' form http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-activities-special-needs?cS=Footer&ICID=Cel_10Q4_web_hp_ftr_accessibility

And send it in so GF will be noted on your booking. The GF pizza in the Oceanview was so good, it brought tears to her eyes!:D

EW

Sorry to butt in Andy! :)

Thank you Andy and Wally! Will definitely be trying the gf pizza :)

Andy,

Thanks so much for all the great information. We booked the Equinox in November and noticed our room on the hump on deck 7 is next to Team Earth. Can you or anyone else on here tell what Team Earth is? Thanks again.

Andy,

Thanks so much for all the great information. We booked the Equinox in November and noticed our room on the hump on deck 7 is next to Team Earth. Can you or anyone else on here tell what Team Earth is? Thanks again.

It's a big space with a globe that I never saw in use until our last cruise on the Equinox when the CC hostess and the concierge had desks (with pretty limited hours!) there.

That will be really convenient for you. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by dutchclogs View Post

Also, are there any gluten free options offered as standard?

Many thanks!

Thank you Andy and Wally! Will definitely be trying the gf pizza :)

Welcome! Now be patient, as they make them fresh to order in a seperate oven to avoid cross contamination! At the same station they make GF pasta too!

EW

[quote name='Ladytainn']Thank you Andy for taking the time to answer my question and all the many others. I'm looking forward to trying Bistro on 5 and the new menu now![/QUOTE]

Hi Ladytainn,

Here's a tip. If it's Saturday, and you enjoy Lamb Chops ? Make sure to try Lamb at Bistro. It's some of the best Lamb Chops I've ever had on a cruise ship, and well worth the $10 by itself.

Today, I heard that additional menu items for Bistro, are coming sometime in the next few months, with a possible increase to $15 per person. We'll see if this rumor becomes fact, so stay tuned !

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Matt,

I think you are referring to the dancing fountain by the pool. It's still there, but I never saw it used at any time, and I was at the pool area every day, including port days. Perhaps it's on request now. I will see if I can find out it's status.[/QUOTE]

I followed up on this today, and was advised the fountain would be operational again, very soon.

[quote name='FRMPEI']Hi Andy,

On our recent March 1, 2015 Silhouette Cruise there was no sign of Sin City Comedy. Just Curious if it is still a going concern on Equinox or on Celebrity anywhere. Please don't go out of your way and waste any of your valuable vacation time on my query.

Regards,
Kevin Reid[/QUOTE]

Hi Kevin,

I asked about this tonight. The answer given to me, is that Sin City is not currently appearing on any Celebrity ship. It's on hold for now, and may return at some point in the future.

Hope this helps !

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Ladytainn,

Here's a tip. If it's Saturday, and you enjoy Lamb Chops ? Make sure to try Lamb at Bistro. It's some of the best Lamb Chops I've ever had on a cruise ship, and well worth the $10 by itself.

Today, I heard that additional menu items for Bistro, are coming sometime in the next few months, with a possible increase to $15 per person. We'll see if this rumor becomes fact, so stay tuned ![/QUOTE]

Great marketing plan, add a new entree every week or so and then raise the price another $5.

happy cruising🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞

[quote name='Host Andy']Hi Ladytainn,

Today, I heard that additional menu items for Bistro, are coming sometime in the next few months, with a possible increase to $15 per person. We'll see if this rumor becomes fact, so stay tuned ![/QUOTE]

[quote name='miched']Great marketing plan, add a new entree every week or so and then raise the price another $5.

happy cruising🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞[/QUOTE]

Great marketing plan until you p.... off loyal cruisers when they add up each "little" increase. :rolleyes:

Hi Andy,
Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions!

Regarding World Class Bar, does anyone on board know when the transition from Molecular to World Class will take place on Equinox specifically? I understand that all Solstice ships will get it by end of summer, but we're sailing in late June and wondering what the bar will be for our sailing. Thank you in advance!

[quote name='miched']Great marketing plan, add a new entree every week or so and then raise the price another $5.

happy cruising🌊🇺🇸🚢🌞[/QUOTE]

The dont' need lamb chops and more american/european food. If they want to make this into something that people would actually pay for, then make it sushi or mexican, both widely eaten. Learn how to actually cook and flavor sushi rice (don't let silk harvest do the training...theirs is awful)...or use good/fresh herbs in mexican fare.

No clue what they are trying to do now....folks who want a sit down served lunch go to the MDR. The specialty restaurants offer 1/2 price lunches on some days. Where's the creativity....where' the modern luxury of choice?

We are on the Equinox at The end of May, I'll post about the Molecular Bar and any changes then.
I don't mind the charge for Bistro on 5, choice is a great thing, I'm looking forward to trying those lamb chops.
I always read with interest the posts about the paid venues on board, then make up my mind when we get there whether to use them, I do think that prices now are reasonable for cruises on the mid range lines, if that what it takes to keep them that way then I'm happy.

[quote name='62chevyguy']we are thinking of booking a premium restaurant or two. We are steak and seafood people. Not sure what would be the best for us. We are on the nov 18, 2016 sailing.. We are very excited for the cruise. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

You will get varying answers. Tuscan Grille has a good steak (in my opinion)....Murano has a Chateubriand for 2 that is awesome (also
in my opinion)......so you could choose either place;)

[quote name='thebigcruiseguy']Hi Andy,
Thank you for taking the time to answer all of our questions!

Regarding World Class Bar, does anyone on board know when the transition from Molecular to World Class will take place on Equinox specifically? I understand that all Solstice ships will get it by end of summer, but we're sailing in late June and wondering what the bar will be for our sailing. Thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

Hi Thebigcruiseguy,

What I was told, is that Molecular Bar on Equinox would transition sometime in June - with the exact date unknown at this time. Of course, the schedule can always change.

Hope this helps !

[quote name='62chevyguy']we are thinking of booking a premium restaurant or two. We are steak and seafood people. Not sure what would be the best for us. We are on the nov 18, 2016 sailing.. We are very excited for the cruise. Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Hi 62chevyguy,

I've visited Murano and Tuscan Grill many times. I think they are both offer excellent steak and seafood.... and highly doubt you can go wrong with either venue. Tuscan is a bit more casual, and Murano is more elegant. We dined in Murano on Equinox in January, and it was one the best meals we've ever had on any cruise ship.

If you are up to trying two specialty dinings ? I'd recommend booking 1 night in Tuscan and 1 night in Murano. It's the best of both worlds. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. Hope this helps !

[quote name='friend2b']So are you back? how is the cruise??? Been on the Celebrity before..but making our first trip on the Equinox in November. looking forward to it....!![/QUOTE]

Hi friend2b,

Yes, I'm back. Overall it was a very good cruise, but oddly, not nearly as good as what I experienced on Equinox in January. Maybe my expectations were a bit high, as our last cruise was so excellent, but we had a few negative experiences with our cabin, and we were very displeased with the changes to the Silhouette Dining room. Tables seemed even more cramped, and there's an endless stream of guests coming and going, due to the elimination of one of the 2 entrances (thanks to Luminae) on Deck 3. Trust me when I say, it's not good - at least on the lower level of the MDR, and you have to wonder what Celebrity was thinking.

The good news is, the second half of the cruise was better than the first half - although we barely slept in our cabin due to ongoing noise issues. As most of our Cruise Critic fans know, when I cruise.... rest and relaxation is important to me. Not being able to sleep in your cabin certainly brings negative results to anyone's cruise experience.

For the first time that I can recall, our next 2 cruises will not be on a Celebrity ship. We're sailing on Oasis of the Seas in July, and we've just booked Royal Princess for Mid-October. Not to worry folks, we aren't abandoning Celebrity. We expect to sail on Celebrity in either November 2015, or January 2016. Edited by Host Andy

Andy
Can't wait to hear your reaction to the Royal Princess.
You are always fair and objective so I'm looking forward to your observations.
We absolutely LOVED the ship but we knew about her shortcomings (small balconies and no central staircase) going in so had realistic expectations.
The positives SO FAR outweighed the negatives for us!!!
I just wish the itineraries were a little (read LOT) more creative.

When your cruise gets closer I'll contact our favorite Headwaiter , Roberto, and tell him to look for you.