Millennium Sky Suite Sewage Smell

notjaded

I know of a ship on another line that has ghostly smells as well. On our first cruise with them in a suite we had two toilet over flows and when we checked in our carpet was being cleaned. So grateful it was a port intensive cruise.

I am next door the Millie cabin mentioned on Summit so I do very much hope the ghostly smell is exorcized and we never have sightings or smellings again.:eek:

I know of a ship on another line that has ghostly smells as well. On our first cruise with them in a suite we had two toilet over flows and when we checked in our carpet was being cleaned. So grateful it was a port intensive cruise.

I am next door the Millie cabin mentioned on Summit so I do very much hope the ghostly smell is exorcized and we never have sightings or smellings again.:eek:

Penthouse? Aloha.

We had the same problem in a royal suite on the Infinity. Keep after them and work your way up the ladder if it's not taken care of. We had our butler go after them and I called the guest relations manager several times a day until it was taken care of. They claimed engineering was doing something that caused the smell.

Hi,

Can I ask what suite? We will be in RS 6139. No problems this past June in RS 6140 but they were constantly using the wet vac in the Concierge Cabin that is between RS 6142 and Sky Suite 6146 but it did not affect us at all.

Yes the rooms stunk! Heard it from many people so I knew I wasn't crazy. We had a room on the 9th floor and not only would the toilet not flush (many others had the same issue) but the noises from deck 10 where horrible. We moved to deck 11 and again the toilet didn't work but was fixed by the time we got back from shore. I suggest if you're going to do Aqua then book 11 not 9, it's quieter

We where real disappointed on this ship but at the same time it had a good side.

As usual the buffet sucked, as did the entertainment and activities. Sorry some might have loved them but they also might not get off the farm much.

We've done the sister ships in this class and had a great time so this cruise was a real let down.

Guess we will stick with RC, Princess, but if the cruise is right just up a class in the Celebrity line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've taken three 15-day cruises wih Celebrity over he past two years. Currently sailing on Millennium in a Sky Suite. From Day One boarding in Tokyo, balcony unusable due to smell of sewage. Reported it day after boarding, and nothing has been done. Management not keeping me informed, and appears like active ignoring. Our Suite is really an Ocenview cabin at this point. I have asked for compensation for this situation, but again, no communication re resolution. Does Celebrity care? I will have a full report on this situation, and hopefully, will be able to report that Celbrity stands behind its product and care about its loyal passengers.

That's not good! We are going on Millie in January with a friend and I have been raving about Celebrity cruises, I hope she is not disappointed. Also my husband and I too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I misspoke, or mistyped, so far I am across the hall in 6145 and in a different ship. :) It sounds like there is little rhyme or reason to where, I was hoping that by avoiding a floor I could avoid this. But from this thread it seems it maybe just older ship, older plumbing issues.

My suite was flooded twice while onboard and was being cleared of it when we boarded the zuiderdam years ago after her drydock. They sent us some chocolate strawberries. There just isn't any amount of compensation that makes this a good experience. I am only thankful I was so busy in port I didn't think of it too much except while in the suite.

I am sorry this is happening and I truely hope it gets "cleared up".

hello,

We are in a millie sky suite for the first time next week and have some questions for you veterans please.

Does the sky suite include the daily water bottle and lip balm that we had in Aqua class?

What menu do you use for the in-room meals? How do you schedule the Bulter around others having a meal at the same time?

What other tips have you discovered that would be helpful to know?

Thanks kindly in advance

Thomas and Donna

hello,

We are in a millie sky suite for the first time next week and have some questions for you veterans please.

Does the sky suite include the daily water bottle and lip balm that we had in Aqua class?

What menu do you use for the in-room meals? How do you schedule the Bulter around others having a meal at the same time?

What other tips have you discovered that would be helpful to know?

Thanks kindly in advance

Thomas and Donna

No, the water and the lip balm are exclusive to AQ, although we never received our lip balm.

Use the menu which is in your cabin unless you want to order from the MDR menu. If so, your butler can provide that.

Talk to your butler about when you would like to dine in your cabin. If there's a schedule issue, the butler will let you know and you can both work around it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just booked an AQ2 cabin midships on Infinity (M class) for fall 2016

Hoping the sewage/smell issues do not become chronic on M class ships. I recall that Radiance of the Seas on Royal C had this problem for awhile but they did some work to remedy it. Not sure of the result. (M class and Radiance class are almost same design so hoping for the best!)

The Itin was one we wanted and triple perks made up for higher pricing!

We'll be following the issue if it becomes one...

Edited by hcat

Just to close the loop. Sewage smell fixed for two days, then returned last day of trip. Thanks to helpful suggestions, compensation received. While not pleased with sewage issue and initial response from mgt., compensation went a bit towards making it right.. FYI, I talked to another passenger who got an upgrade to Aqua because of same issue.

When I return from vacation, I will gave full review of this stinking ship.

Just returned from a 14 day SE Asia cruise aboard the Millennium in Cabin 8162. I had an extreme sewage smell making balcony unusable, complained to all levels until it got solved 3 days later to later return for a couple of days (less intense) towards the end of the cruise. The ship definitely has an issue with drainage as the smell (at a much less intensity) is also present in certain areas of the ship : Deck 5 between the shops and the theater and on and off in other areas .

I did not ask for compensation however the guest services director contacted me one day before the end of the cruise and offered me with a $300 future cruise credit. Will see after receiving in in the mail and going trough the fine print to determine if it is usable @ all (past coupons cannot be used with any promotion, discounted fare , etc ....)

Just booked an AQ2 cabin midships on Infinity (M class) for fall 2016

Hoping the sewage/smell issues do not become chronic on M class ships. I recall that Radiance of the Seas on Royal C had this problem for awhile but they did some work to remedy it. Not sure of the result. (M class and Radiance class are almost same design so hoping for the best!)

The Itin was one we wanted and triple perks made up for higher pricing!

We'll be following the issue if it becomes one...

If I where you I would change up to the 11th floor Aqua rooms. The rooms midship are under the pool deck and the noise from people stomping or moving chairs is horrible.

We changed from 9082 I think it was after the second day up to 11 and it was nice and quiet.

Just returned from a 14 day SE Asia cruise aboard the Millennium in Cabin 8162. I had an extreme sewage smell making balcony unusable, complained to all levels until it got solved 3 days later to later return for a couple of days (less intense) towards the end of the cruise. The ship definitely has an issue with drainage as the smell (at a much less intensity) is also present in certain areas of the ship : Deck 5 between the shops and the theater and on and off in other areas .

I did not ask for compensation however the guest services director contacted me one day before the end of the cruise and offered me with a $300 future cruise credit. Will see after receiving in in the mail and going trough the fine print to determine if it is usable @ all (past coupons cannot be used with any promotion, discounted fare , etc ....)

It seems to me though, your problem was with this sailing. You were unable to use the balcony which you had an expectation to be able to use. Future cruise credit is nice, however, now you are wondering even if you can use it. Having credit for what you already spent on the cruise you were on would be preferable.

If I where you I would change up to the 11th floor Aqua rooms. The rooms midship are under the pool deck and the noise from people stomping or moving chairs is horrible.

We changed from 9082 I think it was after the second day up to 11 and it was nice and quiet.

Thanks we'll look into it....

• 4 months later...

I was wondering what did they d? I would want moved to a different cabin.. But if the ship was booked full they might not have one..i would be very upset if i had paid all that money for a suite and could not use the balcony. IF the smell was in the room i would not think you could sleep in it :eek:

Smell was not on the balcony it was in the bathroom. Common for many ships but this was not good and we where not the only ones complaining

Was the situation corrected? Seems you paid a lot of money.. I have never been able to afford a suite, but if i did i would be upset.. I would hope you get some of your money back.. I would have asked for another room.. But i guess you would have had to take a downgrade.. I only sleep in the room and maybe have coffee outside in mornings.. But a smell like that I can see as intolerable and i would have changed he room and asked for difference in price back.. :eek:

Edited by squeeky336

FYI, I talked to another passenger who got an upgrade to Aqua because of same issue.

Well I guess a balcony that is usable in a non-suite cabin could be construed as an "upgrade"...

So sorry for your troubles!

• 2 weeks later...

We had the sewer smell in a concierge class cabin on the Millennium in 2013. The housekeeping staff tried everything from the fragrance oils to pouring a gallon of beach down the toilet. Nothing helped.

We were moved to a Sky Suite for the remainder of the cruise. Very nice!

Above was in response to a post made by us about booking Infinity for Oct 1016.....

we actually did change our Infinity cabin booking from midships....after our Connie cruise...midships under band stage was unbearable with DJ, zumba etc...changed on Connie and also for the future cruise....but Celeb has that one on some type of mystery.hold..not avaialble so maybe we wont get to go after all

think we'll stick with S class from now on although there were no odor issues at all on Connie in January..

Edited by hcat

Above was in response to a post made by us about booking Infinity for Oct 1016.....

we actually did change our Infinity cabin booking from midships....after our Connie cruise...midships under band stage was unbearable with DJ, zumba etc...changed on Connie and also for the future cruise....but Celeb has that one on some type of mystery.hold..not avaialble so maybe we wont get to go after all

think we'll stick with S class from now on although there were no odor issues at all on Connie in January..

But what if the ship is fully booked up ad you can't change rooms? The last 2 cruises I was on this was the situation and posted at the service deck..:confused:

We were on Millennium for the 26 April Transpacific. There were issues with the sewage system on deck 6 aft. The flush in the guest bathroom was temperamental and failed a few times. Our butler was on top of the situation but, on one day, we had backup in both bathrooms. [i just moved out to Michael's Club for the duration!] It did not take very long to fix and, after that, we did not have any further problems.

However, whilst I was in Michael's Club, the concierge admitted that there were issues on Millennium because the system was now at it absolute limit [presumably since they added the extra Aqua Class staterooms] and that parts of deck 3 were unpleasant - although we smelt nothing anytime we were on deck 3 throughout the cruise.

We were on Millennium for the 26 April Transpacific. There were issues with the sewage system on deck 6 aft. The flush in the guest bathroom was temperamental and failed a few times. Our butler was on top of the situation but, on one day, we had backup in both bathrooms. [i just moved out to Michael's Club for the duration!] It did not take very long to fix and, after that, we did not have any further problems.

However, whilst I was in Michael's Club, the concierge admitted that there were issues on Millennium because the system was now at it absolute limit [presumably since they added the extra Aqua Class staterooms] and that parts of deck 3 were unpleasant - although we smelt nothing anytime we were on deck 3 throughout the cruise.

I am on deck 3.. should i call the cruise line?