Where is Sue Denning

sailnjmom49

Hi Chamima,

On the November 16th Eclipse sailing, the Meet & Mingle was held on the First Sea Day. Our Meet & Mingle had such a huge turn out, that I asked Sue if there was a possibility of a second Meet & Mingle, which she graciously arranged. I agree that Sue is one of Celebrity's best, and hope she will be onboard for your sailing. Last I heard, she's due back around the time of your cruise, but schedules can always change.

Have a wonderful Cruise, and Happy New Year !

Glad you had a huge turnout Andy. On our Equinox November TA there were over 300 scheduled for the party.

Unfortunately someone thought it a great idea to have it the first day. Most people never even got their invites. Pretty poor IMO

I hope Sue will be on Eclipse for our April 5 sailing:).

She is one of the few best CD left that have talent and personality.

We were on the Eclipse for her last sailing in November and she said she was going to be on vacation for December and January. Sue is scheduled to be back on the Eclipse in February and we look forward to seeing her again on the April 5 sailing. She is the best cruise director we've ever had, and the only cruise director whose name we can remember.

We're hoping to be on the April 5th sailing as well, and are looking forward to sailing with Sue Denning again. Hope to see you there Isabella & Landlockedintexas.

Edited by Host Andy

• 5 months later...
Hi Chamima,

On the November 16th Eclipse sailing, the Meet & Mingle was held on the First Sea Day. Our Meet & Mingle had such a huge turn out, that I asked Sue if there was a possibility of a second Meet & Mingle, which she graciously arranged. I agree that Sue is one of Celebrity's best, and hope she will be onboard for your sailing. Last I heard, she's due back around the time of your cruise, but schedules can always change.

Have a wonderful Cruise, and Happy New Year !

HI Andy,

How are you and mum keeping,? also hope your sister is getting on alright.

Will you be joining us again in November? If so it will be good to see you. Would you do the Gift Exchange game again for me.? lol

It was a great Cruise Critic group last year and there are about 10 of us on again this year that meet last year.

Take care

love Brenda x

Sue was the CD on the Century when it almost lost it's rudders in Villefranche in 2010. All of the officers hid in their offices while the passengers had to arrange to get home after the cruise was cancelled on the first full day. The situation was not good. Sue was the passenger interface...the voice on the PA telling us what Celebrity told her to say. She was also the only one to mingle with the passengers trying to help.... I remember one of Sue's announcements very clearly....her "script" was that we would have a letter in an hour in our staterooms with some information...after reading that, she paused and said we would get information at some point later...backing off the script and the hour (we had been told at least three times previously that something would be done in an hour and it never happened. Sue was also the only officer at the tenders when we finally left the ship. She did an outstanding job in a tough situation....the other officers are hopefully no longer with Celebrity.

Note: not sure if CD is an officer position...but she was the point person and the other officers fled the scene.

Sue was the CD on the Century when it almost lost it's rudders in Villefranche in 2010. All of the officers hid in their offices while the passengers had to arrange to get home after the cruise was cancelled on the first full day. The situation was not good. Sue was the passenger interface...the voice on the PA telling us what Celebrity told her to say. She was also the only one to mingle with the passengers trying to help.... I remember one of Sue's announcements very clearly....her "script" was that we would have a letter in an hour in our staterooms with some information...after reading that, she paused and said we would get information at some point later...backing off the script and the hour (we had been told at least three times previously that something would be done in an hour and it never happened. Sue was also the only officer at the tenders when we finally left the ship. She did an outstanding job in a tough situation....the other officers are hopefully no longer with Celebrity.

Note: not sure if CD is an officer position...but she was the point person and the other officers fled the scene.

Do I remember that cruise! What a nightmare.

Kudos also to the Captain Club person. I think his name is Chandris (or something like that). He was the only person interested in helping us.

• 10 months later...

I am on the Transatlantic celebrity Eclipse now.

Sue Denning had surpass any other cruise directors we have cruised with. She is everywhere - talk to passengers always and is genuine. This is my tenth cruise , first with Celebrity . She would be my number one reason for returning

To Celebrity.

I am on the Transatlantic celebrity Eclipse now.

Sue Denning had surpass any other cruise directors we have cruised with. She is everywhere - talk to passengers always and is genuine. This is my tenth cruise , first with Celebrity . She would be my number one reason for returning

To Celebrity.

Do you know if she is staying on Eclipse please ?? We board in 8 weeks ..not that I'm counting

I always wondered why folks cared about who was on a particular cruise ship, to be honest on most cruises we have been on the officers and staff have been great (with the one or two odd exceptions).

I have to say I have often found some of the CD's a bit annoying - but I respect the fact that they are doing a job.

But then a couple of years ago we were on the Eclipse with Sue and she was everywhere, very visible, very approachable and did and amazing job. I remember chatting to her one evening prior to dinner and complementing some one in her team and she was delighted that I took the time to do that.

I must agree with all of the positive comments about Ms. Denning. Most Cruise Directors are not memorable. I have experienced a couple who were memorable in a negative way. I have experinced a few who are memorable for their personality and/or the wonderful job that they did. Ms. Denning is in the later category. And, if Perry Grant is aboard, she compliments his "act" wonderfully.

I have to agree with the positive comments re Sue Denning. She is, how should I say this, "old school" as in her raison d'etre is to do a professional job whilst at the same time making it appear faultless and easy and a pleasure to be dealing with the paying guest! I have said before that when the time comes when she no longer has "wanderlust" or the drive needed to do this non-stop job she does - she should be employed by the industry to train Cruise Directors. Celebrity take note and look after your prized staff well!

I heard Sue Denning is leaving Eclipse in the next couple of weeks. Don't know who is replacing her, apparently even she didn't know!

Shame she's not leaving after the transatlantic crossing as I'm on the fjords cruise straight after... and was hoping she was going to take a holiday starting then...

We are all different and that's a good thing but I personally think her style is so far from modern luxury it's not even funny... 80's butlins style holiday camp comes to mind![emoji57] not to mention that it's a team effort but as we found THE SUE SHOW was a little too much!!!

I have to agree with the positive comments re Sue Denning. She is, how should I say this, "old school" as in her raison d'etre is to do a professional job whilst at the same time making it appear faultless and easy and a pleasure to be dealing with the paying guest! I have said before that when the time comes when she no longer has "wanderlust" or the drive needed to do this non-stop job she does - she should be employed by the industry to train Cruise Directors. Celebrity take note and look after your prized staff well!

We agree

have only sailed with her once but we enjoyed her . Very pleasasant, hard working, mature ,professional and talented. We also miss Dru Pavlov.who we believe sets the standard.

On our Reflection cruise in Nov we had an awful CD. He and his sidekick were very sophmoric...esp on the T V updates...less bad comedy and more info needed . We were told he was new so hope he improved...can't recall the name & and our dailies are misplaced.

We appreciate good all around CDs. and would be happy to cruise with Sue again...would also like to see more women working in this very demanding position.