Where is Sue Denning

sailnjmom49

Sue is the best! She is not only a talented lady (great singer!) but a very genuine one too. We actually ran into Sue while in port in Barbados a couple of years ago and even though she was on her own time, she happily spent several minutes chatting with us and even recommended a great place for lunch. She is an absolute credit to X who have the best CD's overall of all the lines we have sailed. Love ya Sue!!

We had Sue as our CD on a recent cruise and could not have been less impressed. Her ego was massive, and her 'show' was like something you'd see on Saturday Night Live. It's nice that there is something for everyone on Celebrity, and we'll happily leave Sue for others.

• Like 1

We liked her also. And honestly, after cruising for over 25 yrs that's a huge compliment for a cruise director for me.

Normally I am never "in like" with any of them. I liked that no matter where she was, she would look directly at you and ask how your day was going, did you enjoy ...whatever it was that was going on.

Now as far as the piano guy went, hahaha I though he was humorous but his followers were even funnier :) I got more of a kick out of them, then him!

We had Sue as our CD on a recent cruise and could not have been less impressed. Her ego was massive, and her 'show' was like something you'd see on Saturday Night Live. It's nice that there is something for everyone on Celebrity, and we'll happily leave Sue for others.

I have never had a sailing with her as cruise director, but did see a video on YouTube with her singing with Perry Grant and thought that she looked hysterically funny.

Sue was one of the most genuine Cruise Directors we ever met. Much more natural than many others and one thing we noticed, whenever we complimented her about an event well run (such as on Summit the Diamond Jubilee party for those from Britain and the Commionwealth) she always said the same thing "I have a really great team of girls and guys" she never took credit herself

As others have said, we enjoyed her company by chance ashore, we offered to move away to give her space and peace and she would hear none of it. She is so like many of her age and style in the UK entertainment business and I suppose some will love it and some will hate it.

We hope she is on Summit when we return next year but who knows

Sue was one of the most genuine Cruise Directors we ever met. Much more natural than many others and one thing we noticed, whenever we complimented her about an event well run (such as on Summit the Diamond Jubilee party for those from Britain and the Commionwealth) she always said the same thing "I have a really great team of girls and guys" she never took credit herself

My daughter has worked under her and said Sue is great to work with.

We hope she is on Summit when we return next year but who knows

Sue was CD on Eclipse in January and February and just recently returned after her holiday. I am pretty certain that Eclipse is "Sue's ship."

Sue was CD on Eclipse in January and February and just recently returned after her holiday. I am pretty certain that Eclipse is "Sue's ship."

We are leaving on the Eclipse tomorrow (Fjords):)

Looking forward to seeing Sue.

Annx:)

Sue is a very genuine person and a credit to Celebrity - they need more staff like her (that care!) really do not know how anyone can be negative about her - extremely hard job but she does it with flair. Obviously has a great relationship with her staff and they respond by giving their best

We spoke to her several times in various lounges during Elite Happy Hour on Eclipse Southern Caribbean, March / April 2013.

Then, when we were in Aruba she called us across to the snack bar where she & a colleague were eating and asked us what we felt about the Elite voucher system( we were first time Elite)

She said it was great to get off the ship and 'chill' after the manic day they had had on Easter Monday, when we were not allowed into Curaçao. She had been woken at 06.00 and informed that we would probably be denied entry. This meant that many more on board activities had to be planned, including a solo concert by Sue.

Edited by upwarduk

Denied entry? Why?

It was too windy, so I still have never been to Curaçao.

I choose the itinerary especially, as we called there.

There were a lot of unhappy passengers that day.

And at least one member of staff, who was leaving, to fly to Australia to pick up Silhouette, to be the Customer Services Manager, on the repositioning voyage, Sydney to Seattle.

Many problems, including entertainment staff who should have left in Curaçao, and of course, those who couldn't get on!!

We don't realise all the logistics, when a port is missed!

I couldn't agree more... Got completely sick of either seeing her face everywhere or hearing her voice at every opportunity! Found it all a little fake to be honest!

I mean I'm sure she's a nice person but just felt it was more about her and not the team she had behind her... I didn't go on the cruise for "THE SUE DENNING SHOW".... and every single voice over dosnt really need to be sues and neither do I need to be told to to show my appreciation for everyone at the shows 3 times over!

As she's just come back from holiday (as others are saying) I do hope she's not on my next eclipes cruise in December!

I believe that CD is one of the most difficult positions on the ship. The CD is responsible for the entire entertainment package. In reading.posts over the years I've seen CDs criticized for not being entertainers and equally criticized for being too much entertainers. Guess its about individual preferences. I last saw Sue on Connie a few years ago. She was injured during a cooking show and we all thought it was part of an act. Later we learned that it was quite serious and she required rest. She carried on, a real trouper. She's not at the very top of my list, but she ranks quite high. Her energy and dedication are. undeniable. No one ends as much time getting to know the passengers than Sue. Sue opened the door for others and is one of the most genuine people you can meet.

Just a note: I would be very, very careful saying negative things about employees on these public boards. Why risk hurting someone's career by posting unkind and sometimes unfair remarks? Just a thought.

I couldn't agree more... Got completely sick of either seeing her face everywhere or hearing her voice at every opportunity! Found it all a little fake to be honest!

I mean I'm sure she's a nice person but just felt it was more about her and not the team she had behind her... I didn't go on the cruise for "THE SUE DENNING SHOW".... and every single voice over dosnt really need to be sues and neither do I need to be told to to show my appreciation for everyone at the shows 3 times over!

As she's just come back from holiday (as others are saying) I do hope she's not on my next eclipes cruise in December!

That's the CD's job to make those announcements. And to show up at events. If you cruise more, you'll hear the other CDs making the announcements and see them showing up at events as well.

In my view, Sue is one of the best CDs that Celebrity has.