Millennium Sky Suite Sewage Smell

notjaded

I've taken three 15-day cruises wih Celebrity over he past two years. Currently sailing on Millennium in a Sky Suite. From Day One boarding in Tokyo, balcony unusable due to smell of sewage. Reported it day after boarding, and nothing has been done. Management not keeping me informed, and appears like active ignoring. Our Suite is really an Ocenview cabin at this point. I have asked for compensation for this situation, but again, no communication re resolution. Does Celebrity care? I will have a full report on this situation, and hopefully, will be able to report that Celbrity stands behind its product and care about its loyal passengers.

I've taken three 15-day cruises wih Celebrity over he past two years. Currently sailing on Millennium in a Sky Suite. From Day One boarding in Tokyo, balcony unusable due to smell of sewage. Reported it day after boarding, and nothing has been done. Management not keeping me informed, and appears like active ignoring. Our Suite is really an Ocenview cabin at this point. I have asked for compensation for this situation, but again, no communication re resolution. Does Celebrity care? I will have a full report on this situation, and hopefully, will be able to report that Celbrity stands behind its product and care about its loyal passengers.

You can send an email to:

contactmichael@celebrity.com (CEO)

concerns@celebrity.com (Claim dept) with full report.

We had the same problem in a royal suite on the Infinity. Keep after them and work your way up the ladder if it's not taken care of. We had our butler go after them and I called the guest relations manager several times a day until it was taken care of. They claimed engineering was doing something that caused the smell.

Who did you report it to? I would seek out the hotel director and make sure they are aware of your problem. They can see that it is corrected.

The Director of Guest Services. He had engineering look into it. No follow up.

Thank you

We had the same problem in a royal suite on the Infinity. Keep after them and work your way up the ladder if it's not taken care of. We had our butler go after them and I called the guest relations manager several times a day until it was taken care of. They claimed engineering was doing something that caused the smell.

Did they stop the smell? Provide some compensation? Thanks.

Did they stop the smell? Provide some compensation? Thanks.

Yes' date=' they stopped the smell. But I had to keep after them to get it resolved. We did not ask for compensation. We just wanted the smell stopped so we could use our balcony. Do not sit around and wait for them to get back to you. Keep after them.

[/size']

I assume by your question that when you purchase a defective product, you don't seek replacement or refund?

I do return it, but I don't use most of it and then expect a refund. Nor do I want a refund and a second one free. I really don't want to make any assumptions about the OP but I've seen that type of request a number of time on these boards.

I do return it, but I don't use most of it and then expect a refund. Nor do I want a refund and a second one free. I really don't want to make any assumptions about the OP but I've seen that type of request a number of time on these boards.

Great suggestion. Let me know how I can return it. That would be helpful and non-judgmental advice! Thanks.

Edited by notjaded

Just to close the loop. Sewage smell fixed for two days, then returned last day of trip. Thanks to helpful suggestions, compensation received. While not pleased with sewage issue and initial response from mgt., compensation went a bit towards making it right.. FYI, I talked to another passenger who got an upgrade to Aqua because of same issue.

When I return from vacation, I will gave full review of this stinking ship.

Before my recent Millie cruise I investigated this issue and there didn't seem to be any consistency in the reports. Sometimes it was in the cabin, sometimes in the corridor, and this time it was the balcony. If you avoided a cabin based on reports of this elusive smell chances are it would just crop up somewhere else. The smell moves unpredictably.

On my recent cruise I was on the alert for any sign of it but my first week was blissfully odour-free (apart from those I created myself). However I eventually encountered it one morning while walking down a corridor towards the gangway on one of the lower decks, possibly Deck 3. It was still there in the afternoon but a few days later it had disappeared again.

It then occurred to me that perhaps the smell was caused by...a ghost!. However without the benefits of dim lighting, cheap night vision goggles, a noisy camera crew and extreme gullibility I was unlikely to discover anything so for the rest of the cruise I just avoided that deck.

Yes very much wanting to know more... Particularly in regards to Cabin location.

Cheers!

My cabin was 6146. However, I spoke to someone who was elsewhere in Concierge class, and he had similar problem and was moved to 11th floor Aqua. I also spoke to another 11th floor Aqua guest who was very upset because of some flooding problem in her cabin.

Re sewage smells, I could occasionally but regularly discern these odors while walking in various hallways. These were odd to me, but did not detract the way my unusable balcony did.

I will never return to the Millennium, and will probably never sail any of these older Celebrity ships. Given my previous good experiences with Solstice-class ships, I consider the Millennium to be a blight on the Celebrity brand.

Edited by notjaded

I will never return to the Millennium, and will probably never sail any of these older Celebrity ships. Given my previous good experiences with Solstice-class ships, I consider the Millennium to be a blight on the Celebrity brand.

Sorry you had a bad experience but I found the Millie to be an awesome ship, better in many ways to the S-class.