Eclipse / Sky Bar / Cocktail Hour

hampshirelad

It depends how many elites are on board. Lots of Elite CC members then vouchers seem to be used. Last two we have had 5-7pm in the Sky Lounge for the Cc Event.

I was told in January that Cel X are reviewing this because of the numbers in the 'elite' CC category and that many / most have drinks packages now.

We were also invited to a 'Senior Officers ' event as we left St Thomas. This was on the helipad. Obviously the real Senior Officers were controlling the Boat ! The Officers who were there just stood around in small groups and seemed nervous about mingling with the guests. It may just have been this particular Cruise but dont intend to waste any of my time again on these events.

We've been on eclipse 7 times and 5 have been events and 2 vouchers. Both were over Christmas and had over 500 elites. It didn't stop people still meeting up in the sky bar and using the vouchers in there.

We've had the drinks package on the last 4 so didn't see the point of going but on the last one turned up a few times just to chat

We're onboard next week so will see what happens

Edited by Tiggertastic

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have the cocktail hour for Elite guests in the Sky Bar or do you get vouchers ?

Many thanks

No one on this board can tell you where or if the event will be held. It depends on how many elites are on board and is done on a cruise by cruise basis. You will have a letter in your statement and sometimes if vouchers are done, you may receive an email.

Edited by dkjretired

Typically, even IF there are tons of elites and they use the vouchers, there will STILL be the cocktail hour in the Sky Lounge. You can use your vouchers there or somewhere else, but in the Sky Lounge they'll be circulating with bite sized appetizers. Not sure what we'll do on our next cruise as it's the first one we'll have a drink package and access to Michael's Club. Might still go up to Sky just because it's a great lounge and I love sunsets there.

We have been to the events many times where the officers are just hanging around. I know what you mean. Sometimes they *do* look bored, but I have to say if you purposely go up and engage them in conversation and actually talk to them more than just level 1 small talk, then it's a great deal of fun for both. Don't you know they get tired of all this stuff as well! On the couple times we've just made an extra attempt (because we didn't want to be passengers just sitting there in chairs as well) we had lovely conversations that actually continued the rest of the cruise whenever we saw them. It's not easy to do when people are first coming in and there is all that obligatory hand shaking, etc. in the line, but after all that is over and they are in the room just standing there, it's a great opportunity to get to know some real interesting people.

Hi

Can anyone tell me if they have the cocktail hour for Elite guests in the Sky Bar or do you get vouchers ?

Many thanks

In March (Southern Caribbean, March, 29) we got 3 vouchers per day per person; nevertheless many elite and elite plus members gathered from 5 to 7 (depending on dinner seating) in the sky lounge to meet and mingle.:)

Going back a few years the CC Cocktail hour used to be in the Michaels Club then it got a bit busy and transfered to the Sky Lounge.

Now with so many Elite etc CC members ,vouchers are given in lieu, if there are too many on board.

Like many we have been given the free beverage package on the last two cruises and again later this year so dont think we will bother to be entertained by the push and shove.

We still think it's a wonderful way to meet fellow travellers and startup great friendships on board so we do go , drinks package or not as you can still get your package drinks at these gatherings. We travel on our own not with friends so for us it's a lovely way of meeting people.