Live from infinity

Shirley C

Currently on the 17 day Panama Canal cruise on Infinity. So far, it's been a fantastic cruise. Food in Lumine is spectacular. If anyone has any questions about the ship, let me know, and I'll try to answer them. The Internet is a bit fussy as to where it can be accessed, so I may not get to answer right away, but I'm here for the next 16 days, so will get to them as quickly as I can.

Shirley

If I'm not mistaken, former Kennedy Space Center Director Jim Kennedy [no relation to JFK] is one of the guest lecturers on board. If he is, don't miss him. His talks about space and lessons from the space program are wonderful.

Have a terrific cruise!

Edited by Turtles06

We have friends on board with you --- if you met a couple named Janet and Ken -- please say hi for us. They are a lot of fun.

Jim Kennedy was aboard the Equinox last week, a friend of ours went to all his lectures and enjoyed them. I think we were hanging out in a bar :o

If I'm not mistaken, former Kennedy Space Center Director Jim Kennedy [no relation to JFK] is one of the guest lecturers on board. If he is, don't miss him. His talks about space and lessons from the space program are wonderful.

Have a terrific cruise!

Thanks for the tip. I'll watch for his lecture.

Shirley

He is terrific. We had him on our 14 night Canada/New England cruise two years ago.

Glad you are having a good time on Infinity. Would love to do that cruise some day.

Hi Shirley!!!! Love to know more about Luminae dining.

Hey Nancy! Was thinking of you today. We met the couple on the deck above us in "your & Dee's cabin", which we always refer to as the girls' cabin! LOL. I've taken a couple of pics & will either post them here or send them to you privately. Luminae has been wonderful so far, but only two meals so far. It's a small restaurant -- only seats about 45 I think they said. It was very crowded last night when we went for dinner at 7:00 pm. They were telling people to come back at 9:30! Took about 2 hours for dinner. Today we went for brunch around 11:00 am and there were only a handful of people in there. Menu is limited -- not as many choices as MDR, but you can order some additional things from left side of MDR menu like shrimp cocktail, Cesare salad, etc. we are told it will be a different menu every night for the 17 nights. Breakfast & dinner only -- not lunch as was stated earlier by Celebrity. Sea day today & they had brunch instead of breakfast. I'm not sure if that will be every sea day or not. I'll keep you updated. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

Shirley

We have friends on board with you --- if you met a couple named Janet and Ken -- please say hi for us. They are a lot of fun.

Jim Kennedy was aboard the Equinox last week, a friend of ours went to all his lectures and enjoyed them. I think we were hanging out in a bar :o

I may have met your friends already. Is her screen name Sasigirl?

Shirley

He is terrific. We had him on our 14 night Canada/New England cruise two years ago.

Glad you are having a good time on Infinity. Would love to do that cruise some day.

This cruise was on our bucket list for a long time. Hoping it's as fabulous as I think it will be.

Shirley

We're also on this cruise with Shirley. I agree with her assessment of Luminae. It's been FABULOUS for our 2 meals there so far. We were told that brunch would be served 3 times during the cruise - the days of the 3 formal nights.

All the staff we have encountered have been very friendly and helpful. We are having a problem with some requests made to our butler not yet being met. We can't seem to contact him to follow up. He may be very busy, so I'm being patient.

Cruise critic members we've met are a great group!

Norma

We're also on this cruise with Shirley. I agree with her assessment of Luminae. It's been FABULOUS for our 2 meals there so far. We were told that brunch would be served 3 times during the cruise - the days of the 3 formal nights.

All the staff we have encountered have been very friendly and helpful. We are having a problem with some requests made to our butler not yet being met. We can't seem to contact him to follow up. He may be very busy, so I'm being patient.

Cruise critic members we've met are a great group!

Norma

Norma - our butler told us their phones aren't working so if you've been trying to call him, he may not know it. Our butler, Wilfred, is wonderful so far.

Shirley

COOL! That's her ---- Please say hi from Jim & Alison -- We wish we were there! :)

I will tell her. She is in the cabin above ours & we were talking out on the balconies earlier today, plus I met her at the CC party.

Shirley

Lovely to read your posts. We will be on Infinity next month so you are now setting our excitement higher now! So hope we get Wilfred he spoilt us several years ago if it's the same guy!

Do you have access to Michaels Club, if so how is it going?

Oh yes and another absolute thumbs up for Jim Kennedy, a great presenter. His talks became standing room only on our Bermuda cruise

I will tell her. She is in the cabin above ours & we were talking out on the balconies earlier today, plus I met her at the CC party.

Shirley

We met as balcony neighbors, then at the Cruise Critic party and every night drinking Martinis in the Elite Lounge :D

Watch out for Ken - his understated sense of humor is killer

Lovely to read your posts. We will be on Infinity next month so you are now setting our excitement higher now! So hope we get Wilfred he spoilt us several years ago if it's the same guy!

Do you have access to Michaels Club, if so how is it going?

Oh yes and another absolute thumbs up for Jim Kennedy, a great presenter. His talks became standing room only on our Bermuda cruise

Wilfred said he is on Infinity for another couple of months, so you should be able to request him. We do have access to Michael's Club. We didn't think we would go there much, but we have gone several times & it's been very nice. Tonight they had a special event there where most of the senior officers were present and it was very nice to meet them in a relaxed informal setting.

Will definitely be watching for Jim Kennedy.

Shirley

Hi

We will be on Infinity later this year. Could you post the name of the concierge in Michael's Club?

Enjoy your cruise.

His first name is Lenny. I'll post his entire name once I'm back in our cabin. He is excellent. We've gone to him with several requests & he responded very quickly.

Shirley

Edited by Shirley C

Hello! I'm glad you're enjoying your cruise! I'll be on the Infinity in July. Just wondering if you've visited the spa and Persian Gardens and, if so, what did you think of your experience?

I've not been there yet this cruise. I think the Persian gardens on the S class ships are much nicer than those on the M class. The M class do not have those relaxing stone loungers.

We met as balcony neighbors, then at the Cruise Critic party and every night drinking Martinis in the Elite Lounge :D

Watch out for Ken - his understated sense of humor is killer

I passed on your hellos. We had a fun visit with them in Cafe al Bacio yesterday. Great people.

Shirley

I passed on your hellos. We had a fun visit with them in Cafe al Bacio yesterday. Great people.

Shirley

After getting off the Equinox just a few days ago -- I am really bummed that we aren't on the Infinity with you! Going back to work is hard, even though I don't dislike my job.

Thanks for passing our hellos! -- Enjoy your cruise!

Who is the cruise director on the Infinity? Any Good??

I will be on the infinity in about 6 weeks with classic drinks package, can you tell me if cocktails are included and any recommendations for same? Also what is the supplement for Bistro on 5, I was told there was a price increase?

Thanks in advance, hope you are having a great time.