MR_T

New World Class Bar provides two offerings. Crafty design cocktails

Cocktails- $15.50 included in Premium Package

And Bar rituals listed below and in attached menu

Zacapa Above The Clouds - $18 not included in any package

Bulleit Infusion- $18 not included in any package

Mystic Kettel One- $18 not included in any package

I do have a menu but as soon as I can work out how to post I will... [emoji41]

Now I know the pics are not the best to read the ingredients etc but hopefully good enough to get people excited about the new bar... I know I'm really looking forward to it! [emoji483][emoji41]

I'm assuming those are the prices on cruises that have tip included, for the regular drinks to be included in the premium package.

I say.... meh. Couple of those drinks look like a glass full of ice.

I'll look forward to your well rounded review of all the drinks on the menu. I know you can do it. ;)

Julie - the drinks out of the UK do have the tips included in the advertised price I believe... But I will do a proper job with my research next week! [emoji483][emoji39]

Great stuff. How did you find out?

I'll probably be seeing you with one of these in hand on our way to the fjords on the 9th :)

If I told you I would have too... [emoji12] better not finish that statement as I'll prob get kicked off c/c again!!! [emoji23]

I'm pretty confident you will see me there if you look hard enough! [emoji41]

I saw from another thread that the "rituals" are $18 and "not included in any package" so they are the full $18 and not $5 if you have the premium package, correct?

Who knows... Like anything on these boards people will always try to find a negative out of a positive!! [emoji57]

Great stuff. How did you find out?

Mr T GUESSED that's all !! [emoji15][emoji12]

Well done, these are great...no updates from my FB request, sure they have no idea what I've asked about lol!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm assuming those are the prices on cruises that have tip included, for the regular drinks to be included in the premium package.

I say.... meh. Couple of those drinks look like a glass full of ice.

I'll look forward to your well rounded review of all the drinks on the menu. I know you can do it. ;)

One of the cocktails (Bulleit Infusion) is small amount of liquid in the glass on purpose. It uses a device called the Porthole that infuses the drink with different flavors (often fruit, herbs, spices etc.). The drink is generally poured one ounce at a time as the flavor changes over time. You end up with about six small pours. The first one ounce pour is very boozy and each subsequent pour the flavor becomes more infused - by the last one ounce pour it is a completely different tasting drink. Really fun device; I had it for the first time a few years ago at at bar called The Aviary in Chicago. While $18 sounds expensive for a cocktail, the Porthole device is very expensive itself and it is very labor intensive to make the drinks - beverages at The Aviary typically are in the low $20's that use the Porthole. It would be nice if they were using a whiskey a little higher end than Bulleit at this price point, but among whiskeys that can often be purchased for less than $30/fifth (750ml) Bulleit is among the best IMHO.

One of the cocktails (Bulleit Infusion) is small amount of liquid in the glass on purpose. It uses a device called the Porthole that infuses the drink with different flavors (often fruit, herbs, spices etc.). The drink is generally poured one ounce at a time as the flavor changes over time. You end up with about six small pours. The first one ounce pour is very boozy and each subsequent pour the flavor becomes more infused - by the last one ounce pour it is a completely different tasting drink. Really fun device; I had it for the first time a few years ago at at bar called The Aviary in Chicago. While $18 sounds expensive for a cocktail, the Porthole device is very expensive itself and it is very labor intensive to make the drinks - beverages at The Aviary typically are in the low $20's that use the Porthole. It would be nice if they were using a whiskey a little higher end than Bulleit at this price point, but among whiskeys that can often be purchased for less than $30/fifth (750ml) Bulleit is among the best IMHO.

Sounds intriguing.

Are you saying that this drink is really 6 small drinks or is each "pour" given to a different patron?

(I also wish they'd use a higher end whiskey :( )

Sounds intriguing.

Are you saying that this drink is really 6 small drinks or is each "pour" given to a different patron?

(I also wish they'd use a higher end whiskey :( )

Each pour would generally be for the same person; while multiple people could share the drink and each do their own pour, that would kind of defeat the purpose of the Porthole - the drink is meant to be sipped gradually by the same person so the person notices the changes in flavor over time as it becomes more intensely infused. At Aviary the server pours the first small pour and leaves the Porthole at the table where the patron is seated and then the patron pours additional small pours as they finish the previous serving until the porthole is devoid of liquid.

Here is some more information on the Porthole - it was actually initially created for the Aviary: http://www.theportholeinfuser.com/

Edited by Gonzo70