Hawaii Cruise Price Difference

theminnow

We are looking to take a cruise to Hawaii and Celebrity has 2 sailings in Sept, one in 2015 and one in 2016. The concierge class room for 2015 is $3439, for 2016 it is only $2149. Also the 2016 cruise in that class will get us all three perks (beverage package, OBC, and gratuities). Seems like a heck of a deal, almost too good. Besides supply and demand, or the 2016 cruise being a year later, does anyone have an idea as to why the 2016 cruise is cheaper and you get all the perks?

Thanks,

Craig

On many popular cruise destinations the price goes up because the availability goes down. From what I can see, the only CC cabins left for the Sep 2015 cruise is 3 in the CC3 group. On the Sep 2016 cruise, there is one CC1 and 25+ in CC3.

By selling SRs at a lower price a year+ ahead, they get commitments for open SRs and your deposit for a year.

The Sep 2015 prices may drop closer to the sail date but with a very restricted selection as you see with so few CC avail 4 months prior.

Looks like a nice cruise and a chance to spend time after the cruise in Hawaii before flying back.

Den

We are looking to take a cruise to Hawaii and Celebrity has 2 sailings in Sept, one in 2015 and one in 2016. The concierge class room for 2015 is $3439, for 2016 it is only $2149. Also the 2016 cruise in that class will get us all three perks (beverage package, OBC, and gratuities). Seems like a heck of a deal, almost too good. Besides supply and demand, or the 2016 cruise being a year later, does anyone have an idea as to why the 2016 cruise is cheaper and you get all the perks?

Thanks,

Craig

Respectfully, I would pass on these based on the Itineraries. They break down to five days in Hawaii and five days at sea. For the ones that start in Honolulu I would want at least one hotel night to see the Island which would be an added cost. Then they sail to Lahaina and Kona both tendered ports and these towns are very similar and small. The port at Hilo is a distance to down town which is quite small. To see the Islands you would have to be excursion heavy.

All Hawaii cruise's go the these ports but some sailings include Kaui and the Napali coast.

As you say you are looking to cruise to Hawaii, I would look for a cruise that starts in Honolulu and ends in Honolulu. We have been to Hawaii sixteen plus times on land vacations and dollar for dollar I can do better on my own.

Respectfully, I would pass on these based on the Itineraries. They break down to five days in Hawaii and five days at sea. For the ones that start in Honolulu I would want at least one hotel night to see the Island which would be an added cost. Then they sail to Lahaina and Kona both tendered ports and these towns are very similar and small. The port at Hilo is a distance to down town which is quite small. To see the Islands you would have to be excursion heavy.

All Hawaii cruise's go the these ports but some sailings include Kaui and the Napali coast.

We took this same cruise on a RCCL ship many years ago. It was a wonderful cruise from Vancouver to Honolulu with overnights in both cities (1 in Vancouver and 3 in Honolulu.) Yes, it was disappointing not to be able to visit Kaui, but the other ports had plenty to do. We took ships excursions in Kona and in Hilo. Saw waterfalls, a volcano up close, and went to a macadamia nut factory. It's been a long time, so I cannot remember the rest of what we saw. In Lahaina, we hired a private limo to drive us all over the island. It was a highlight! Of course, in Honolulu, we toured all of the major sites. ;)

It is all about supply and demand. As the ship fills, the price goes up. It will be cheaper when it first comes out. It will probably go up til a few months out. If people began to drop the cruise, it will begin to go down or they might have a sale. As it fills again, the price may go back up. It is usually pretty expensive 5 months out. You can't always predict how a cruise will sell.

Many thanks for the replies. I think we'll go with the 2016 cruise. Making the deposit this early doesn't bother us, heck the money isn't doing us any good in the money market. Plus we get all three perks. We wil probably stay for around a week after the cruise to do the tourist stuff. All I really care about is seeing Pearl Harbor, the rest will be up to the wife.

Again thanks for all the help.

Craig

Many thanks for the replies. I think we'll go with the 2016 cruise. Making the deposit this early doesn't bother us, heck the money isn't doing us any good in the money market. Plus we get all three perks. We wil probably stay for around a week after the cruise to do the tourist stuff. All I really care about is seeing Pearl Harbor, the rest will be up to the wife.

Again thanks for all the help.

Craig

Come join our Roll Call.

Thanks,

Craig

Are you sure the 3 perks are available? When we booked a Syndey/Honolulu cruise recently, we tried to get the 123go promotion but told that they were not applicable to trans-atlantic, trans-pacific, repositioning cruises. Check the small print. If it's applicable, please confirm, and I'll see if I can rebook!!

Are you sure the 3 perks are available? When we booked a Syndey/Honolulu cruise recently, we tried to get the 123go promotion but told that they were not applicable to trans-atlantic, trans-pacific, repositioning cruises. Check the small print. If it's applicable, please confirm, and I'll see if I can rebook!!

When I go to do a booking, after i input that I live in VA, and am over 55, the site shows I get all 3 perks. Never called them. It just shows up during the booking process. I don't think this is a trans pacific cruise. Still not sure about this cruise.

Craig

The Sydney to Honolulu is the Transpacific. The Honolulu to Vancouver is classified as a Hawaii cruise and qualifies for perks.

We took this cruise in april 2013 and just loved it and the Solstice. We booked the same cruise for April 2016 and are very excited to return. We did fly to Honolulu 3 days ahead and enjoyed ourselves and will probably do the same again, maybe on the Big Island this time. The sea days are fantastic and just what we needed after 8 days of touring and enjoying Hawaii.

We did get all the perks when we booked this cruise a few months ago. Our Roll Call is so busy so lots of other cruisers must think this is a fantastic trip also.

Bev

I am looking into September 2016 for Hawaii and you definitely get the perks for right now. On Celebrity website it states until May 10th but my TA said they are keeping it until the end of May for all 3 if concierge or higher. We plan on extra days in Vancouver and several in Honolulu or Kauai.