changing UK booking advice

bogofman

Prices are dropping for the cruise we have booked and the drinks and obc are back

Do we have to cancel to change our booking and lose our deposit?

And rebook with the current offers, how easy us this to do? For UK bookings

A

could some of the UK cruisers offer advice?

Thanks

We're in the UK but use a US travel agent.

Check what the deal is with the UK travel agent, assume you'll lose your deposit and then do the maths compared to rebooking with UK and US travel agents would be my advise.

We have done it 3 times but only on ones booked directly with celebrity UK.

Never have we lost our deposit either, we've had to give up our booked cabin and get a different one but they've made the change for us providing it's before final payment date

Called Celebrity yesterday, seems things have changed. Now it's cancel an rebook , but loose your deposit. She did mention about using the deposit for a future cruise, but not the one being rebooked.

No, my call involved paying more. Still was a cancel and re-book and loose deposit on that cruise.

Ouch! If that's universal, unless you're after final payment date (which I assume you're not) it's definitely a change of policy. In the past, trying again a bit later with a different person has often resulted in different answers to the same question.

I booked for a 2016 with a £50pp deposit, so rebooking wouldn't be too calamitous.

Stuart

Prices are dropping for the cruise we have booked and the drinks and obc are back

Do we have to cancel to change our booking and lose our deposit?

And rebook with the current offers, how easy us this to do? For UK bookings

A

could some of the UK cruisers offer advice?

Thanks

I added a drinks package to our cruise, when there was a UK TransAtlantic offer in Nov 2014. All that happened was a slight price rise at ' today's prices.'

I did loose our $ 75 OBC, but when the new invoice was sent we had $ 50 OBC added.

We kept the same cabin.

Edited by upwarduk

We have taken advantage of price drops in the past, and also added drinks packages without penalty if the cruise price had not increased, but if you read through the Ts & Cs of the current offer, they do state that changing an existing booking is permitted but you must cancel and rebook, which will incur cancellation charges. It may not be a policy change as such, but just the way X have decided to handle this particular promotion.

Some TA's charge cancellation charges, if you have booked directly with Celebrity, they don't. Celebrity also don't charge a credit card fee.

I changed our cabin in 2013, as some 2A's became available. I was only able to book 2B, when we originally booked,

When I first rang, I was told for new bookings only, until I explained the position. The agent said 'I can do better than that,' and found a mid ships 1A cabin, total cost £495 LESS than our original booking!

We book direct with Celebrity and, in the past, have had no problem switching to a better deal without paying cancellation charges, but the Celebrity website makes it clear that the current promotion does not allow that:

"16. Existing Bookings that wish to access the new benefits of The Drinks On Us Promotion will have to cancel existing bookings and make a new booking.

(Please note cancelling existing bookings will incur cancellation charges)"

The Drinks on Us Promotion ends on 5 May, and there will no doubt be another promotion after that. It will be interesting to see if they apply the same conditions to future promotions. We booked our August 2015 cruise very early and were able to add a drinks package and also take advantage of a price drop - both changes made without penalty. Our deal is better than what is currently being offered so we don't want to switch, but if X have changed their policy and will in future charge cancellation fees to change an existing booking, it no longer makes sense for UK pax to book early.

Edited by Suzy Smith

• 2 weeks later...