bring bottled water off the ship? & bring own bottles?

catspaw1

Hi we have the classic beverage pkg. Can we get bottled water to bring off the ship? Or do I need to bring my own empty water bottles? If I bring my own refillable bottles can I get the soda into them? I hate to walk around the ship with an open glass as I am sure to spill it! any thoughts on this?

Hi we have the classic beverage pkg. Can we get bottled water to bring off the ship? Or do I need to bring my own empty water bottles? If I bring my own refillable bottles can I get the soda into them? I hate to walk around the ship with an open glass as I am sure to spill it! any thoughts on this?

We always grabbed a bottle to take off the ship with us on the Med cruise..and we had the Classic pkg!! Quite often they had a table set up by the departure area

The classic package includes "non-premium" water (not Evian, which is probably a good thing) which, yes, you can take off the ship.

There are signs on the water stations in the Oceanview Cafe telling you not to fill up water bottles.

The classic package includes "non-premium" water (not Evian, which is probably a good thing) which, yes, you can take off the ship.

There are signs on the water stations in the Oceanview Cafe telling you not to fill up water bottles.

The reason they ask people not to do this is that they use the mouth of their container to activate the machine. Instant contamination.

If you want to fill up a container, take a CLEAN glass from the supply, fill it with water or whatever you want to put in your container, and then pour from the clean glass into your container. Bingo! You have what you want and you have not spread your germs to everyone else who gets a drink from that machine.

understand now why they don't want you filling your own container. I will just use theirs & transfer to by thermos mug. I don't want the norovirus either! Good to know we can bring their water bottles off the ship. We spent over a month in Bermuda once when we sailed our own boat there & the cost of groceries was triple the US.

I was going to bring my own small rollup cooler & have the steward lock our room refig. Since we have the classic beverage pkg others on CC said the steward mistakenly thought things they brought back from the bar were taken from the refrig.

I was going to bring my own small rollup cooler & have the steward lock our room refig. Since we have the classic beverage pkg others on CC said the steward mistakenly thought things they brought back from the bar were taken from the refrig.

They will empty your refrigerator if you ask them to.

Always grabbed a bottle of water in the Med. Usually they had a table in the buffet at breakfast as well as exit area.

If wanting to use my container I always used a clean glass first then transferred over to mine.

Or you can ask your stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and water pitcher, items that were always supplied in the stateroom previously without needing to ask for them.

Then you can have cold ice water and it is easy to use the water pitcher to fill your own bottle whenever you want without needing to try to pour it from a glass.

We often see people refilling their own water containers and I just want to scream at them!!!! Worse is I have actually seen people using their fingers to activate the ice and water machines

I normally remove their items from the frig and put mine in. It has never been a problem. I just put their sodas on a shelf and then the night before we depart I put theirs back in firg. I also order items for breakfast (cereal, milk, juice, fruit) and keep in frig. for the last morning. Not good at fighting the crowds to get a bite before heading home. I arrange with cabin stewart to do this and he/she does not lock frig. I tip accordingly.

We usually bring an empty bottle with us from the pre-cruise and fill it up every day in our cabin.

We have never had a problem in any ports bringing our own water.

If you board a ship in the USA, with a bottle of water, security will confiscate the bottle and throw it away.

great points everyone! I was actually thinking of bringing the small cooler so I could have it for the beach also. The cooler doesn't sweat & we could have cold beverages at the beach without having to pay expensive beach prices. I do it at home when going to the beach so why not on the cruise? It rolls up really well also. I will definitely bring 2 insulated mugs also. Thanks for the tips!