Food Quality

Sum interezting punkchewasion, spellung and grammur abowt hear !!!
Ha ha :D :D

Returning to the subject of food, the only time we have not had good food on Thomson was on the Dream in 2013, when the food was not cooked properly and as I have said (many times :o:o) may have contributed to the illness onboard.

I don't mind good plain cooking, but object to it being undercooked. Compared to the food on Fred last year - well no comparison :rolleyes:

As Jules and Linda have said ,Fred's food is far better in my opinion

to be honest we even preferred P&O's & Princess food especially their buffets

they were far better than Thomson's offerings but as said in an earlier post ..

It's down to personal choice and taste .

Now lets see if I can earn Stevie his Sixpence ... ;)

No good ever came of talking to your underwear :)

Or worse still .. underwear that you do not know :eek:.

Don't feed them :cool:

Off thread again....sorry but just want to say hope it's all going well kalos. If you have as good a time as we did you'll be very happy! ;)

P.S. If you haven't been to Akrotiri - might be worth considering when you get back in the next day or two. And if you do go for €2 (for seniors) the Archaeological Museum in Fira has some of the reconstructed frescoes from Akrotiri (most are in Athens). You can get round in 20 minutes quite easily should you wish but they are stunning and it's absolutely amazing how they've pieced those tiny bits together. Meant so much more having visited the site already. There are also examples of the most beautifully preserved pottery. 4,000 years old! And word of warning - if you plan to do Ancient Thera it's a good strenuous half hour climb from the car park to the top of the site!!!

Edited by kruzseeka

Hi Kruzze ,:)

Think you may be thinking of MALCH UK who lives Sheffield ,not far from me :)

I'm not away (Yet) Just finished work for a week and I think we are going to book a couple of days away using P&O Ferries Hull

and have a mini-cruise to Amsterdam :cool:

Hope everyone has a nice Bank holiday weekend :):)

I'm not away (Yet) Just finished work for a week and I think we are going to book a couple of days away using P&O Ferries Hull

Hope everyone has a nice Bank holiday weekend :)

:o Oops! Senior moment! Again!!!! Sorry - but wish you a good time on your travels too! :)

Hope everyone has a nice Bank holiday weekend :):)

Hi Kalos- I agree the mini cruises from Hull are a great way to get away for a couple of days.The Bulbfields cruise is especially good.

Flopsy

the food wasn't as good on the spirit in april, the crew still so friendly but quite a few missing, the entertainment was not up to the usual standard at all, that we have had on our previous spirit cruises,very disorganised and not a friendly ents team at all

Edited by mtt

the food wasn't as good on the spirit in april, the crew still so friendly but quite a few missing, the entertainment was not up to the usual standard at all, that we have had on our previous spirit cruises,very disorganised and not a friendly ents team at all

you see for me its the fry up thats important and for you its trying to find missing crew which i find hard to believe that maybe they are not missing at all but may be on holidays and maybe you forgot that the servants are allowed to take holidays which is good as they can go home and see their families and their friends which is nice the entertainment is ok on thomson ships and i said it before and i will say it again me thinks that we should start a campaign to keep thomson name and its cheap and cheerful except for the missing crew but am sure they will come back again.

your bud

On Fred Olsen Black Watch at the moment and it has to be said that the food on here is far superior to Thomson, we have noticed a deterioration over the years,we were on the Celebration in February and the food was worse than ever, come on Thomson get your act together!

Didn't have one bad meal on the whole cruise, plenty of choice and really well presented, well done Fred:)

We came of the Majesty yesterday. While we enjoyed all aspects of the cruise, I am afraid it was the food which let it down. Now in previous years we have had 4 cruises on the Dream, (2013 food so so, 2014 much improved fare and enjoyed it but the Majesty was the poorest. We breakfasted from the buffet and it was the cheapest sausages, unappetising fatty bacon, disgusting weak tasteless coffee from the machines. We ate in the Seven season restaurants but it was the wee things we noticed which let it down. Desserts came with the pure white synthetic scooshy cream, boiled potatoes did not seem fresh, even the butter was the Lakeland salted packets yet on the Dream it was lovely creamy unsalted German butter packs. I think what people say on here is that it all depends on the head chef and budgets. It may be that next time the food will be much improived.

it was the cheapest sausages, unappetising fatty bacon, disgusting weak tasteless coffee from the machines. .

hi bro and hi sis for me the fry up is important and i like the fatty backon between toast with lots of melted butter i think this is lovely with brown sauce sorry you did not like the sausages and you said they were cheap sausages which i dont really eat and tried them before from lidl and prefer the ones from aldi and i think it might be the way the chef cooks the sausages coz its importnnt what oil he uses.

your bud