Last minute single

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone has ever managed to get a double or twin on late availability with paying a hefty single supplement?

I have a very small window of holiday opportunity, and was thinking of leaving it until the last couple of days before cruise departure and calling them to ask if they would consider one passenger in a double or twin cabin, does anyone think I might get a bargain??? :rolleyes:

Have a nice day.

On Spirit 3 years? ago someone reported that they had managed to get a outside double for single occupancy for less than the double fare. This was for an Iceland/Norway cruise. They phoned Thomson a few days before the cruise and the salesperson said NO. They asked to be passed to the supervisor who, after some silence, said yes :)

Apart from this I have never heard of anyone getting a discount from the double fare for single occupancy. When the single cabins sell out, that is it, you pay double., if they will sell you one at all. :(

This policy, IMO is bad for business as it confirms that they don't really want your custom. Celebration and Spirit single cabins are ex crew accomodation and if you value a good nights sleep, avoid them.

Things are better with Dream and Majesty as long as you choose the right single cabin. I notice that Discovery has all its singles grouped together but they are well forward of the engines so might be OK.