Pre-made Sandwiches in Lido

EDLOS

Over two hundred post and over 10,000 hits over sandwiches.

How many have sent an E-mail to Hal Hdqs. and complained?

Approx. Sixty four people have posted on this subject and is that enough to make a corporate change?

Never know unless you try but I will find an alternative and enjoy my Dam cruise. Anything beats 26 years of K-Rations and MRE'S!:(

Edited by aliaschief

Never know unless you try but I will find an alternative and enjoy my Dam cruise. Anything beats 26 years of K-Rations and MRE'S!:(

That MRE dehydrated burger was a real favorite. It could last forever between your cheek and gums!!

How many have sent an E-mail to Hal Hdqs. and complained?

Approx. Sixty four people have posted on this subject and is that enough to make a corporate change?

yes ;) Hopefully those viewing and not posting are sending their thoughts to HAL as well ;)

Pre made sandwiches do not even make the radar for us. We don't care. From our perspective it is very small nit. Hardly worth concerning ourselves with. There is always something else.

Sure we prefer a sandwich bar but it is hardly the end of the world nor is it one of our considerations in selecting a cruise line. We are just thankful that we have the health and the resources to travel/cruise. Why sweat the small stuff....and this is definitely small stuff.

Edited by iancal

If there is something that you don't like on a cruise ship, just walk on by. There will be something else that you do like somewhere. I walk by lots of stuff...like all the meat.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Pre made sandwiches do not even make the radar for us. We don't care. From our perspective it is very small nit. Hardly worth concerning ourselves with. There is always something else.

Sure we prefer a sandwich bar but it is hardly the end of the world nor is it one of our considerations in selecting a cruise line. We are just thankful that we have the health and the resources to travel/cruise. Why sweat the small stuff....and this is definitely small stuff.

I agree it's not the end of the world! But I enjoy a good sandwich not a soggy pre-made thing that Hal is offering.

This maybe small stuff to you but to me it effects my enjoyment of a vacation.

We are 5 star on Hal and have seen many changes but for me the food is biggest. I'm a simple eater nothing to fancy & in the past I could alway find something to eat but the past 2 years it's getting very hard my fall back food in the MDR was always a baked potato but on my last cruise I couldn't eat it!

I think now I would look at different cruise lines, in the past I never considered it.

My first cruise line was Carnival, then Disney with the kids, on to HAL which I thought would be it for me but I guess I'll keep a open mind.

Agreed, it is a cruel world out there.

Definitely made more cruel by the occasional soggy sandwich. Might be best to pack a lunch. You just have to keep a stiff upper lip.

Edited by iancal

Agreed, it is a cruel world out there.

Definitely made more cruel by the occasional soggy sandwich. Might be best to pack a lunch. You just have to keep a stiff upper lip.

I think we can all finally put this thread to rest! Just pack your own lunch! :D

Oh Goody! I get to pack a lunch while paying $000.00/day to enjoy a HAL cruise!

PB&J Sandwiches! Maybe, the Lido Restaurant once a week would be so accommodating to provide my elementary school's Wednesday lunch menu: Meat Loaf, Mashed Potatoes, and Peas!

Just as a change from my PB&J Sandwiches, of course.

Will Chocolate Milk be available?

I'm a simple eater nothing to fancy & in the past I could alway find something to eat but the past 2 years it's getting very hard my fall back food in the MDR was always a baked potato but on my last cruise I couldn't eat it! .

Oh my goodness! The baked potato must be worthy of its own thread.

Edited by cavecreekguy

As one of the over 10,000 people who have viewed this thread, I finally decided to put my two cents in. For what it's worth.

I did like the custom sandwich station, but must admit I didn't go there every day I was onboard for lunch.

But I often liked grabbing one of the pre-made sandwiches in a bag to bring back to my cabin for a late night snack.

I also brought a little ramekin with mayonnaise in it in case it was too dry. I don't recall a soggy sandwich. Maybe the newer varieties are more soggy.

I always carry Ziploc bags on all my travels. You never know when they'll come in handy.

Cheese plates were also a favorite to put into one of my bags.

As one of the over 10,000 people who have viewed this thread, I finally decided to put my two cents in. For what it's worth.

I did like the custom sandwich station, but must admit I didn't go there every day I was onboard for lunch.

But I often liked grabbing one of the pre-made sandwiches in a bag to bring back to my cabin for a late night snack.

I also brought a little ramekin with mayonnaise in it in case it was too dry. I don't recall a soggy sandwich. Maybe the newer varieties are more soggy.

I always carry Ziploc bags on all my travels. You never know when they'll come in handy.

Cheese plates were also a favorite to put into one of my bags.

The original complaints here when they first introduced the pre-made sandwiches were they were "too dry". Once people got past the idea HAL was trying to feed them contaminated food by leaving the sandwiches out too long. :roll eyes:

I tried one once: meh. Neither too dry nor too soggy, just not interesting enough and actually too much solid food for me at noon, when I would rather have fun food like fries or pizza .

i have seen this thread have many names. sandwiches. dry, stale, spoiled, hot, unwanted. always unrequited. i have seen the need for like mind on like topic. i have seen the faces on cruise ships. happy, unhappy. hungry, content, in memory, in rapture. we all are in charge of that moment, unless of course you are willing to go with the flow. i had a friend who used to say expect disappointment and you will never be disappointed. :) so, with that my friends, here is to all of you enjoying your next cruise, accepting that which you cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Edited by tuolumne couple

From our perspective, anyone on a HAL ship who actually whines and complains about a soggy sandwich must lead an incredibly wonderful life with no other worries whatsoever. How bad can it really be?

But the potatoes could be an altogether different issue and deserving of their own thread.

Edited by iancal

From our perspective, anyone on a HAL ship who actually whines and complains about a soggy sandwich must lead an incredibly wonderful life with no other worries whatsoever. How bad can it really be?

But the potatoes could be an altogether different issue and deserving of their own thread.

agreed and yet a resounding 'really?'!

i have seen this thread have many names. sandwiches. dry, stale, spoiled, hot, unwanted. always unrequited. i have seen the need for like mind on like topic. i have seen the faces on cruise ships. happy, unhappy. hungry, content, in memory, in rapture. we all are in charge of that moment, unless of course you are willing to go with the flow. . i had a friend who used to say expect disappointment and you will never be disappointed. :) so, with that my friends, here is to all of you enjoying your next cruise, accepting that which you cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference.

I am a glass half full person, and I usually have a good time and yes, if I have to I will make my own sandwiches if need be.

Hmm - let me see....I booked a cruise not to cook and I am going to make my own sandwiches?

As to your last line - if we had accepted what we cannot change, then you would only be permitted to bring one bottle of wine on HAL when they changed the Wine policy. The wine policy would NOT have been extended nor would a corkage fee be permitted. It was the postings on this board and the emails sent to Seattle that got the wine policy amended.

There is a BIG difference between acceptance of what you could possibly change and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMO - and, since a Hotel Director agreed with me on a sailing, I say let your feelings be known. If HAL doesn't know, they can't fix it (if they want to).

I am a glass half full person, and I usually have a good time and yes, if I have to I will make my own sandwiches if need be.

Hmm - let me see....I booked a cruise not to cook and I am going to make my own sandwiches?

As to your last line - if we had accepted what we cannot change, then you would only be permitted to bring one bottle of wine on HAL when they changed the Wine policy. The wine policy would NOT have been extended nor would a corkage fee be permitted. It was the postings on this board and the emails sent to Seattle that got the wine policy amended.

There is a BIG difference between acceptance of what you could possibly change and the wisdom to know the difference.

JMO - and, since a Hotel Director agreed with me on a sailing, I say let your feelings be known. If HAL doesn't know, they can't fix it (if they want to).

Kazu well said

i have seen this thread have many names. sandwiches. dry, stale, spoiled, hot, unwanted. always unrequited. i have seen the need for like mind on like topic. i have seen the faces on cruise ships. happy, unhappy. hungry, content, in memory, in rapture. we all are in charge of that moment, unless of course you are willing to go with the flow. i had a friend who used to say expect disappointment and you will never be disappointed. :) so, with that my friends, here is to all of you enjoying your next cruise, accepting that which you cannot change and the wisdom to know the difference.

Yes, but do you like the pre-mades or do you want the made to orders back?

You took the words right out of my mouth. You would think the only food on a ship was a sandwich :D.