Mobile Phone

zqtchas

Depending on the carrier, you may or may not have to do anything. Verizon offers a couple of plans for international roaming, which you can call and activate on a temporary basis before you leave. We never used them, as we found them expensive. So we just did the pay as you go plan and never used it, turned off mobile data, and used Wi-Fi only. I used Skype if I had to call someone.

Now that we have T-Mobile, international data is included in our monthly plan, so we will use our phones just like we're home. No activation needed. Texts are included at no added change, as are calls over Wi-Fi. Calls over the cellular network in international locations are 20c per minute.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

We have signed up for International service when in the Med. Not sure about our next cruise but in the past we did it because of my mother and being able to easily check in with her. Mom passed away three years ago and we have a very small family that doesn't chat over the phone all that much so we may not bother in November.

Had the t mobile plan for so long, you just used to keeping it on with roaming all the time. Only draw back is you get so used to leaving it on you forget to turn off roaming on the nights you go out to sea. It has happened a half dozen times and got caught with a roaming charge with Silversea Atsea connection. Just have to remember to turn it off when you can't see any land out the. window.

Had the t mobile plan for so long, you just used to keeping it on with roaming all the time. Only draw back is you get so used to leaving it on you forget to turn off roaming on the nights you go out to sea. It has happened a half dozen times and got caught with a roaming charge with Silversea Atsea connection. Just have to remember to turn it off when you can't see any land out the. window.

Oh, good point. I had better remember that for October's cruise.