New York Blizzards.....

les37b

Glad you got there safely and without your anticipated disruption Les. Enjoy your cruise on the wonderful Wind. If you enjoy music then you will love being on board with the three lovelies, Chloe, Laura and Ines.

I certainly will. She arrived just over an hour ago. Yesterday's view was a monster ship carnival splendour dominating that area of the port. This morning all I can see is the ships funnel! A disappointing view that's most welcome.

Happy it all turned out well for you. You probable didn't see much during you lay over at JFK however NYC is now a ice palace. Wish I was in San Juan with you!

Crossing the road from T8 to T7 to catch the terminal connecting train was bad enough. Icy breath and really feeling the icy bite. What a difference in temperature now.

Come on down! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you arrived safely Les! Enjoy your cruise!

Many thanks.... I'm sure we will. Really looking forward. Heading down to the beach to take some photos before vacating to the lobby and transport to the Wind.

Wish I could come down [emoji3] we are taking the same trip on the new ship a year from now, if I live that long! We got stuck a few years ago and had to take a 33 hour train ride from here to Miami. I did not tell the airline and was really surprised when I tried to come home and found out my return trip had been canceled, live and learn.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

We got stuck a few years ago and had to take a 33 hour train ride from here to Miami. I did not tell the airline and was really surprised when I tried to come home and found out my return trip had been canceled, live and learn.

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

That is true!

There are some canny people that realised that buying a return or as many business travellers use to do, a pair of returns is very often considerably cheaper than buying two one ways. Airlines introduced this clause in their T's and C's in their contracts to protect their revenue. I have never heard of anyone having the request to keep the return open if a reasonable explanation is given in good time as to why the outward hasn't been taken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I try to avoid connections in NYC, because they always seem to get cancelled. I'm always flying out of Buffalo, NY, and I also try to book only early flights that are non stop. And ALWAYS fly at least one day--if not more than that---before a planned cruise. Last year we just were going to Florida--no cruise--and it took us 2 days to get there due to our usual crappy winter weather.

I try to avoid connections in NYC, because they always seem to get cancelled. I'm always flying out of Buffalo, NY, and I also try to book only early flights that are non stop. And ALWAYS fly at least one day--if not more than that---before a planned cruise. Last year we just were going to Florida--no cruise--and it took us 2 days to get there due to our usual crappy winter weather.

Amazingly, people did switch to Miami and the flight was late in. Some managed to get s later flight and arrive ok... other I believe from what I've been told cannot arrive before we depart as flights are full.

Poor buggers! Hope they've managed to get an extra flight or something sorted. That's not good news.

Our next flight was with American and I have to say I won't be using again. They insisted my bag (with approx £12k in camera gear) would need to go on hold. I was lucky in the end we got on and the was space left in the final overhead left. I really don't get their boarding procedure and "group" numbers.
That must have been one really big bag! I would've thought a camera bag could fit underneath the seat in front of you. Regardless, I'm glad they let you bring it on. I know I wouldn't have wanted to check mine into the hold either.

Now, in regards to AA, I enjoyed reading your comments on their boarding procedure. This procedure is actually new to the airline and just started 2-weeks ago upon the introduction of their super low basic fares to compete with the likes of Sprit, Frontier, et.al. It's hard to believe they now have 9 different boarding groups. Thankfully, I'm always in group 1.

Enjoy your voyage!

That must have been one really big bag! I would've thought a camera bag could fit underneath the seat in front of you. Regardless, I'm glad they let you bring it on. I know I wouldn't have wanted to check mine into the hold either.

Now, in regards to AA, I enjoyed reading your comments on their boarding procedure. This procedure is actually new to the airline and just started 2-weeks ago upon the introduction of their super low basic fares to compete with the likes of Sprit, Frontier, et.al. It's hard to believe they now have 9 different boarding groups. Thankfully, I'm always in group 1.

Enjoy your voyage!

I doubt they will continue with that method. I have no idea how they manage the groups... obviously 1st / business / and any higher priced ticket is fair enough.... but the other 5 groups???

Anyway, once was too many for me. I made the comparison with EasyJet... most in the UK will be familiar with them...... they were far worse and given the ticket was bought through BA I would have expected a meal and free drinks.... not that I wanted... we were tired and slept most of the way. Leg room was good though. 737