Copenhagen hotels with air-conditioning

Bella O

Yes that's why I cancelled our reservation there as soon as I found out. Thank goodness I didn't do a prepaid reservation. There might be a lot of people who did though, especially with the Hilton Honors Winter Sale that has been going on for their Europe hotels. I can't imagine that Clarion wouldn't honor a prepaid reservation! That would be insane. I just don't want to deal with it so I already moved us to a different hotel.

Count me in as one who (regrettedly) prepaid. No word from Hilton or Clarion regarding the reservation. I'll probably book a cancellable reservation somewhere else as a backup.

I noticed this morning there is now a message stating "Please note that as of 31st March 2017, Hilton Copenhagen Airport will cease to operate as a Hilton hotel. As a result, stays booked past this date will not accrue Hilton Honors points. Please contact the hotel direct in case of any questions." when you try and book rooms. However I could still book post 1 April on my Hilton corporate account code so I suspect they will honour the booking.

I did have this happen once before at a different hotel with Marriott and they also honoured the booking.

I really don't want to have to move to a backup hotel as that would be $1500+ instead of free on points!!

FWIW, I sent an email regarding my prepaid reservation and just received a response:

Thank you for your mail.

As pr. 1st of April the hotel will no longer be a Hilton Hotel. We expect the hotel will be managed by Nordic Choice Hotels, and we expect this hotel will be a Clarion Hotel.

I am happy to inform you that your pre-paid reservation with us in May will remain unchanged.

We look forward to welcoming you!

Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

TANJA FROM HANSEN I Reservations Agent - Reservations department

HILTON COPENHAGEN AIRPORT

t: +45 32 44 52 07 I f: +45 32 44 53 19

Ellehammersvej 20 I 2770 Kastrup I Denmark

I guess this means I shouldn't worry about it too much. I'm not concerned about hotel stay points since I don't stay in hotels often enough to gather any appreciable status. I did notice that in doing a mock booking, the price doubled from when I booked a couple of months ago.

• 1 month later...

So I've been following up on our reservation having still heard nothing. Hilton have been less than useless and will be getting a letter of complaint.

However I ended up speaking to the front desk supervisor who confirmed:

- bookings (including Hilton honors reservations on points) are being honoured. Not a surprise but good to confirm

- the new owners have "recently" agreed that on check in there will also be status matching for Hilton honors members to the equivalent Clarion level and hence the in property benefits you will get are broadly similar

I also noted the hotel is already listed on the clarion website and per the website breakfast and wifi is included as standard whereas for the Hilton you needed status to get these for free.

Hope this helps someone.

So I've been following up on our reservation having still heard nothing. Hilton have been less than useless and will be getting a letter of complaint.

However I ended up speaking to the front desk supervisor who confirmed:

- bookings (including Hilton honors reservations on points) are being honoured. Not a surprise but good to confirm

- the new owners have "recently" agreed that on check in there will also be status matching for Hilton honors members to the equivalent Clarion level and hence the in property benefits you will get are broadly similar

I also noted the hotel is already listed on the clarion website and per the website breakfast and wifi is included as standard whereas for the Hilton you needed status to get these for free.

Hope this helps someone.

That is good to know. Thanks!

• 1 month later...