Copenhagen Oceankaj (Quay C330) transportation questions

I went back to look at my notes and I consulted the Rejseplanen website (which is very useful--I recommend you check it too.) Here's a link to Rejesplanen: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

You have several choices for how to get from Oceankaj to CPH.

1. Take the special 25 bus. (It doesn't show up on Rejseplanen, but it leaves from Oceankaj every 20 - 30 minutes on no set schedule.) It goes to both Osterport and Norreport. If you get off at Osterport, you walk to the train station (about 9 minutes according to Rejsenplanen) and then board a train to CPH.

2. Take the special 25 bus. Stay on until you reach Norreport. Walk across the street and go down to the Metro station. Take the M2 Metro to CPH.

3. Take the regular 27 bus to Osterport. Walk to the train station and take the train to CPH.

Note: We chose option 2 because we were more familiar with the Norreport station and riding the M2. But there's no reason you can't get to the airport from Osterport if you prefer.

Payment--I had also read about buying tickets from the little store outside the cruise area. (I saw it and it looked like a small shipping container.) I was hesitant to rely on getting tickets there on the date of our departure because I was not sure if it would be open as early as we planned to depart. So, we made sure we kept enough DKK from the day before when we had been sightseeing in Copenhagen. (Our ship had an overnight stay in Copenhagen.) We paid DKK to the bus driver, but I think that some of the folks boarding were paying in Euros.

Validation of Ticket: You do not need to do anything to the ticket that you get from the bus driver to validate it. It's good for 1 hour and that's more than enough time to get you to the airport. Just keep it handy in the off-chance you are asked to produce it as you travel. (You'll be fined if you don't have it.)

Great information, thank you. Was there a specific direction noted on the train (metro) that suggested it was going downtown (street name?)? Also, if I'm looking to go from Oceankaj to the city centre, can I pay for the zone 2 (or is just zone 1??) tickets with DKK onboard by just asking the driver?

Thanks.

Edited by madeph

Great information, thank you. Was there a specific direction noted on the train (metro) that suggested it was going downtown (street name?)? Also, if I'm looking to go from Oceankaj to the city centre, can I pay for the zone 2 tickets with DKK onboard by just asking the driver?

Thanks.

Are you confusing "CPH" for downtown Copenhagen? "CPH" is the 3-letter code for the Copenhagen Airport. There is no Metro (train) from Oceankaj to downtown Copenhagen. I was referring to taking Metro from Norreport Station to the airport.

In any event, if you want to get to the city of Copenhagen from Oceankaj, you can take either the 25 or 27 bus. You ask the bus driver for a Zone 2 ticket and pay accordingly. The 25 bus will take you to either Osterport Station or Norreport Station. The 27 bus will take you to Osterport Station. From those stations, you can walk to attractions (e.g. Rosenborg Castle is an easy walk from Norreport) or take another bus to reach your destination.

Use the Rejseplannen website I mentioned for "step-by-step" instructions from Point A to Point B.

Great information, thank you. Was there a specific direction noted on the train (metro) that suggested it was going downtown (street name?)? Also, if I'm looking to go from Oceankaj to the city centre, can I pay for the zone 2 tickets with DKK onboard by just asking the driver?

Thanks.

Are you confusing "CPH" for downtown Copenhagen? "CPH" is the 3-letter code for the Copenhagen Airport. There is no Metro (train) from Oceankaj to downtown Copenhagen. I was referring to taking Metro from Norreport Station to the airport.

In any event, if you want to get to the city of Copenhagen from Oceankaj, you can take either the 25 or 27 bus. You ask the bus driver for a Zone 2 ticket and pay accordingly (DKK 24). The 25 bus will take you to either Osterport Station or Norreport Station. The 27 bus will take you to Osterport Station. From those stations, you can walk to attractions (e.g. Rosenborg Castle is an easy walk from Norreport) or take another bus to reach your destination.

Use the Rejseplannen website I mentioned for "step-by-step" instructions from Point A to Point B.

In any event, if you want to get to the city of Copenhagen from Oceankaj, you can take either the 25 or 27 bus. You ask the bus driver for a Zone 2 ticket and pay accordingly (DKK 24). The 25 bus will take you to either Osterport Station or Norreport Station. The 27 bus will take you to Osterport Station. From those stations, you can walk to attractions (e.g. Rosenborg Castle is an easy walk from Norreport) or take another bus to reach your destination.

I definitely thought CPH was short for Copenhagen. Anyhow, thanks for the directions! Hopefully a lot of the sites are within walking distance.

We are coming into Oceanquay on Holland America and going directly to the airport CPH for a flight at 12:30. When we came to Copenhagen last time we were going downtown so we weren't worried about getting on the metro, but were concerned this time because we won't have time to make a mistake. When I first posted, the helpful reply said to take the bus to osterport and board the train to the airport. I now am reading that there is a walk to get to Osterport and I don't want to get lost. Now it looks like it's better to go to Norreport and take the metro to the airport. Does the bus leave you off right near Norreport or do you have to walk to the station? Will we have enough time to do this with a zone 3 ticket? I was also worried about relying on the store to get kroners or using euros on the bus, so I thought we'd get some kroners on the ship. Thank you to everyone who has posted answers!

The bus stops at the back of Østerport station so you cant get lost, just walk over to the pedestrian bridge.

https://www.google.dk/maps/place/%C3%98sterport+St./@55.6932506,12.5921816,534m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x465252e0509b6503:0x67f1b40f512f1420!8m2!3d55.6935487!4d12.5912252

At Nørreport the bus stops at Tornebuskgade

https://dinoffentligetransport.dk/media/2096/noerreport.pdf

Your answer was so helpful and now we feel very confident to do this! We are from California in USA. Everyone travels by car here so we are public transportation ignorant, but very impressed with your system in Europe. We saw that we have enough Danish kroners to buy 2 3 zone tickets at 36 each. We have one 50 kroner bill- will the bus driver accept any paper money or does it all have to be coins?

I thought of one last question. I remember when we were in Copenhagen a couple of years ago we had to stamp our ticket when going on a public transportation. When we buy the 3 zone ticket from the bus driver does he stamp it? Then do we have to stamp it again when going on the train?

I have been looking so bear with me. What would be the approximate taxi cab fare from Ocean Kaj to the airport? I cant seem to find any prices for taxis. It looks like an easy adventure to take the buses and trains but I have read that suitcases are difficult on the bus. Do the taxis hold 3 adults with 3 full size luggage? Any shuttle services available? Thanks for the help. Marilyn.

Most busses looks like this from the inside.

So if you sit with your small bag with you on the seat and keep the big one in the flex area it should work out fine.

The change that a wheelchair or pram fills up that place is very small as there is not much happening out at Oceankaj besides the cruise terminal.

https://www.google.dk/search?q=movia+busser&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjPlJvy_erSAhVrMJoKHcHLBE0Q_AUIBigB&biw=1600&bih=794#tbm=isch&q=indretning+movia+busser&*&imgdii=_iEZOgzgR3-thM:&imgrc=xO23KdsWwQdo1M:

My family of 4 - two adults and two 4 year olds - will be cruising in on May 16th. We will have two pieces of luggage, strollers, etc. We are seasoned travelers so public transportation is great with us but I'm wondering if that's the best option for us with the lines and luggages. We are leaving Oceankaj and going to the Best Western Hebron. What would you all suggest?

My family of 4 - two adults and two 4 year olds - will be cruising in on May 16th. We will have two pieces of luggage, strollers, etc. We are seasoned travelers so public transportation is great with us but I'm wondering if that's the best option for us with the lines and luggages. We are leaving Oceankaj and going to the Best Western Hebron. What would you all suggest?

Having used public transportation between the airport and the city, the city and Oceankaj, and Oceankaj and the airport, I would not like to have had to juggle 2 strollers and 2 suitcases on any of those routes. We had 2 carry-on bags and that was fine, but two 4-year-olds in two strollers would be "two" much!

Danish Viking : Arriving 5/5/17 @ C331 Nordhaven? Have a 3:30 pm flight to the US. Have been to Copenhagen before so just trying to kill a couple of hours before going to CPH. Was thinking exploring Botanical Gardens. Does the bus from cruise terminal go near the Botanical Gardens? And from there to get to the airport? Thanks

Yes bus 25 goes directly to Nørreport just a few 100 meters from the botanical garden.

But what will you do with the luggage?, there is no luggage storage at Nørreport so the only solution is to take a train to the central station keep your luggage there and take a train back to Nørreport.

there is only around 5 minutes between the central station and Nørreport.

Having used public transportation between the airport and the city, the city and Oceankaj, and Oceankaj and the airport, I would not like to have had to juggle 2 strollers and 2 suitcases on any of those routes. We had 2 carry-on bags and that was fine, but two 4-year-olds in two strollers would be "two" much!

Thanks GradUT - I agree! There's a company - Airluggage - that offers port pick up of luggage so we are going to have them pick up and deliver our luggage to our hotel and then we are free to sight see until we check in. That's our plan right now :)

The price is around 350-400 for a taxi from the airport to Oceankaj.

Could I ask one more taxi-related question, please? We are a party of 5, with 2 bags each, and we will need a taxi from Oceankaj to the airport when we disembark (we plan to get off very early). Do you know if there are van-type cabs to handle a group of this size, or should we plan on separate cabs?

Thanks so much!

Tina