Muse sea trials prior to maiden voyage

Okapit

Will there be any sea trials video or other sneak peek from SS before April? I am booked in late summer and would love to see any pics or videos about latest status of the Muse. If any marketing folks working at silversea are reading this post: give us some updates please! :)

I'll take you up on the couple of glasses of wine but I'm interested in seeing a behind the scenes preview not seeing passenger reviews. I bet there are many others anticipating the Muse who would agree.

I'll take you up on the couple of glasses of wine but I'm interested in seeing a behind the scenes preview not seeing passenger reviews. I bet there are many others anticipating the Muse who would agree.

Yes, we are also booked on the 8/8 - 8/20 sailing out of Venice and are anxiously awaiting any information we can find on the new ship.

Will there be any sea trials video or other sneak peek from SS before April? I am booked in late summer and would love to see any pics or videos about latest status of the Muse. If any marketing folks working at silversea are reading this post: give us some updates please! :)

Scroll down this string to see an aft view but the link here supposedly is of the Muse. It definitely is a SS ship per the logo on the stack. There is an odd vertical solid section that runs up all the decks that does match what is in the rendering on SS.com. I was wondering what this structure was. Maybe add'l reinforcement?

http://www.themeditelegraph.com/en/shipping/cruise-and-ferries/2015/07/01/fincantieri-build-silver-muse-for-silversea-cruises-mfEcGkjhe6tUfwfiGNHgCM/index.html

OK one more...this pic was taken two days ago!

http://www.shipspotting.com/gallery/photo.php?lid=2613534

• 3 weeks later...

Having just come off the Spirit, Barrie the FCC was bemused - pun intended- at the lack of updated information to share with passengers enquiring about sailing on the Muse.

He had not even been made aware from HQ that sea trials had taken place a few days earlier until we apprised him of this. Bearing in mind that one of the Head Waiters on the Spirit, had already been to Genoa for familiarisation. It seems perplexing that SS seems to be so secretive about its new flagship. What are the marketing department doing?!!

Captain Mino currently on leave from the Spirit, was invited to join the sea trials and reported that the ship manoeuvres very well. This is more than can be said for the Spirit which is a capricious lady in this respect, and not popular with some SS Captains for this reason.

Kindest regards

Master Echo