Spirit questions....

Mudhen

Perhaps I've missed answers to these questions. If so, please excuse me! Can anyone tell me what champagne SS uses as it's normal pour? What tequila is used in the bars? Is Hendrick's gin around? What is the story about caviar? Extra pay? not served at all? Are there any special or unique to SS dishes that we should not miss? Thanking you all in advance!

Linda

The duck ragu is really good...I have a recipe to make it at home and it's a close approximation. In fact, I made it for dinner today.

117361ff7811dc32b57ca5f6ae0c1d1a.jpg

It's a ton more work, though! I prefer to get it at LT.

Edited by jpalbny

Am hoping they serve our fav pasta dish on the new Cloud as an expedition ship next October as we sail the Chilean fjords.
Wes, are you and Ida heading down on the Cloud before or after our trip through the fjords on the Muse in early November?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any further info on libations?! Are there any cocktails that SS is known for? On Crystal there are quite a few that are unique to the line. Didn't know if SS has anything like that. Champagne? Hendrick's? Patron?

Any further info on libations?! Are there any cocktails that SS is known for? On Crystal there are quite a few that are unique to the line. Didn't know if SS has anything like that. Champagne? Hendrick's? Patron?

My take is that they have a few but we like our standards so usually stick with those. I think, and it might depend on a particular bartender's skills, that they will recommend something or have you try something different. Since it's all inclusive it's not like they're counting drinks. I'm a martini drinker and prefer my Bombay Sapphire dry with olives. Bartender suggested I try Plymouth gin so he made up a martini with it. Way too much juniper for me and he just emptied the drink down the drain. I think Mrs K has tried a few specialty drinks and has enjoyed some and others not so much. It's very relaxed and my feeling is they'll make what you want the way you want it and if you're adventurous and want to try something new they more than happy to do that too. We've had nothing but great bartenders on our Silversea cruises.

We usually try the 'cocktail of the day' which is usually described in the daily itinerary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One of the fun things we have done is a blind tasting of every brand they have of a certain liquor such as rum, vodka, single malt, etc. The results were surprising! One bartender also gave us a unique test which was 8 glasses of clear liquids which we had to identify. It sounds easy, but I nearly mis-identified water.

These are experiences you probably would never have on land if you had to pay for each of the drinks. We found the best places to do it were in the Panorama Lounge or the Observation Bar (on the Spirit) which are less busy.

One of the fun things we have done is a blind tasting of every brand they have of a certain liquor such as rum, vodka, single malt, etc. The results were surprising! One bartender also gave us a unique test which was 8 glasses of clear liquids which we had to identify. It sounds easy, but I nearly mis-identified water.

These are experiences you probably would never have on land if you had to pay for each of the drinks. We found the best places to do it were in the Panorama Lounge or the Observation Bar (on the Spirit) which are less busy.

That sounds fun! And water...well, who'd expect to be served *that* at a bar? [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

WOW! That sounds awesome! That would be great fun! Especially since we like the "clear" spirits....vodka, good gin, tequila, etc!

Brian, we are doing a newly refubed Cloud Lima to Ushuaia b2b (Chilean Fjords then Antarctica) late October to just prior to Thanksgiving in 2018.
Got it! We're doing the same time period except this year instead of next year; Santiago to Buenos Aires.

That does sound awesome:D