Mega ship to the fjords - can ports handle so many people?

We have a deposit on a 15-day cruise in the Yacht Club aboard MSC Meraviglia (4500 passengers) for July 2018. The value looks good, we've always wanted to visit Longyearbyen, and we had a very nice YC experience previously.

Before we fully commit to this, I am concerned about how destinations like Longyearbyen, Stavanger, Tromso, Honnigsvag and Hellesylt/Geiranger will handle the onslaught of so many people at once.

Will local sights be overrun? Apart from ship excursions, will private tours be available? If you've cruised to the fjords on a large ship I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.

Stavanger and Tromsø is fairly large towns so they should not have any difficulties handling that ship.

I have seen pictures from Geiranger where 2-3 ships are in so that one should not be a problem either.

The others I don´t know about.

Stavanger and Tromso are cities, so no problems there. There's nothing to see at Honningsvag, so its small size isn't relevant. Everyone is off on excursions to the North Cape, birdwatching etc. Can't help you with the other two ports.

You won't find much in the way of private tours in any of the ports in Norway. Most visitors choose DIY, and typically the only tours you'll find are through the existing tourism industry (e.g. a local scheduled walking tour, boat trips, a HOHO bus, etc).

Most non-ship tours or activities would need to be booked in advance (especially in the case of Longyearbyen), but you might find a few options through the local tourism info. Given the schedule limitations of port calls, it's still a good idea to do some up-front planning and research.