Port Guides

Kansas Gal

I haven't seen anything like Tom's Port Guides for the Baltics, but I highly recommend Rick Steves' Northern Europe Cruiseports. It is a wealth of information about what to see (and what's worth seeing), where to stay, where to eat, etc. He also includes self-guided walking tours for each port.

We did the Baltic Cruise in September 2016on the Princess Regal. Tom of Toms Port Guide was also on that cruise. I would assume he may have some info in the near future. Not sure when your trip is, but may be worth check back on his web site at a later date. We did use the Rick Steves book and it had a lot of great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Baltic Cruise in September 2016on the Princess Regal. Tom of Toms Port Guide was also on that cruise. I would assume he may have some info in the near future. Not sure when your trip is, but may be worth check back on his web site at a later date. We did use the Rick Steves book and it had a lot of great info.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Great info! Thank you. I love Tom's guides and am sailing on a Baltic cruise next August. I imagine, and hope, he is working on a guide now.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the guides on inyourpocket.com very good for the Baltic. There are two levels for each city they cover (Tallinn, etc.). The one you'll likely find first is a very summarized version; the one you can download (free) is much more detailed. While they're not written with cruisers in mind, I found them very good for things to see and do, and they're updated every 4 months, which is nice.

If you need info for where the port is located and and a URL for a port website, I have that for a number of popular Baltic cities. I like to know where we'll likely dock and what other ships will be there when we'll be there.

I also love Tom's Port Guides.