What time do you like to get to the pier?

enjoyinglife

We usually leave for the port around 10:15 AM - assuming check in is at 11:00 AM. When we sail from Port Everglades, we can see the ships from our bedroom, living room, and balcony, so we're always king of eager to start our vacations. We rarely encounter a wait of more than a few minutes for shoreside check in.

If we're traveling with people who don't get priority check in, we wait with them, so we can all board together. (This is so we can all be in embarkation photos that we won't be buying. ;) ) The longest we've waited to board has been 30 minutes, but it's usually shorter.

Ever since HAL began readying the staterooms early, we've had only one time when we couldn't get into our rooms right away. Even then. our room was ready within 20 minutes of arrival.

You may have to wait..

They normally board disabled Psgrs first & then they board suite Psgrs & then they start boarding by either area /number/letter or color..

We usually are in the first group after all Disabled & Suite Psgrs, have boarded only because we are 4 star Mariners.. Since we will be with one star Psgrs, we may wait for our Friends or go on up to the Lido to get our lunch..

When you check in they normally give you a color code or letter or number or area for boarding.. They will call out those colors/numbers/letters or areas so everyone will not try to board at once..

We booked a suite so hopefully that will get us in before the herd.

I see people talking about Mariners with different levels. Is it similar to carnivals platinum, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we get there.

Depends on when we arrived at the port and where we are staying the night before, or if we have a rental when it has to be returned.

We don't like to line up so we tend to go a little later and walk right on. Two hours make no difference to us and we do not care that much about rushing to the buffet.

Generally speaking, at least in a port we're familiar with like Port Everglades, I'd say 11 AM to 12:30 PM. Mrs K is on vacation and her first rule is "I will not be rushed on vacation." so maybe even later depending on the hotel we're staying at and whether or not we've been able to get a delayed or later checkout. We take no joy out of sitting around a hotel lobby once we've checked out.

we usually wait until 2:30-3. 20 agents, 20 passengers on in 10 minutes and I never pre-register. Show ID and give credit card at the counter. 35 cruises never had a problem.

Is there lunch available then?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is there lunch available then?

Lunch service shuts down about one half hour before muster on embarkation day. Gives you enough time to pick up your food, eat, and get back to your cabin in time for the drill.

I normally get in around 1130am for a cruise that leaves around 4 or 5.

Gives you ample of time to eat, unpack (if your bags make it on time), explore the ship and prepare for the muster drill.

But others I've travelled with in the past prefer to get there later to avoid the crowds and tend to get there around 1pm - 2pm. But I want to enjoy every minute of my cruise :-)

We are in the group that likes to get there a little later and avoid the crowds. With all the wait time with a 10 or 11 arrival it just makes the first day a little less hectic. Most hotels will give you a late checkout so you can relax around the pool or just have a late breakfast. The only rub we have encountered is at one hotel, the last free shuttle to the port left at 10:00. It was either an early arrival at the port or a taxi.

We are in the group that likes to get there a little later and avoid the crowds. With all the wait time with a 10 or 11 arrival it just makes the first day a little less hectic. Most hotels will give you a late checkout so you can relax around the pool or just have a late breakfast. The only rub we have encountered is at one hotel, the last free shuttle to the port left at 10:00. It was either an early arrival at the port or a taxi.

Thats a bit funny as we like the 10 am time slot for shuttles and are disappointed if it is later!