Who has gotten cabin assignments this week?

cruisevers

Unfortunately, that might not help you very much..

We've heard posters state they only received their cabins 72 hrs before departure or even on check in & others say it's usually two weeks to 10 days before...We were waitlisted on a cruise several years ago & finally got a cabin appox. two weeks prior to departure only because of a cancellation..

HAL Agents could be working on cruises for July or August today & others could be working on cruises for next week.. Lots of it depends on when Travel Agents release their unsold blocked space..

Normally when we checked flights, it did not go by dates; it went by percentage of open seats which can vary from day to day...I'm sure it's the same in the cruise industry..

I would think that they would be checking the longer cruises first, as the short seven day cruises are easier to sell..

Why don't you ask on your roll call to see if others have received their cabin assignments..

Edited by serendipity1499

I have cruise coming up in July on celebrity. When booked back in December all suites were sold out but able to get sky suite guarantee. Never been in that class suite . Final payment was due the beginning of April and as soon as final payment made,, a ton of Sky suites, celebrity suites and royal suites became available. Why because people tie up the suites with a small deposit then cancel when final payment due. The sky suite was assigned this week but to upgrade now all promotions are lost .

My last cruise Oceania was assigned 5 days before cruise .

Unfortunately, that might not help you very much..

We've heard posters state they only received their cabins 72 hrs before departure or even on check in & others say it's usually two weeks to 10 days before...We were waitlisted on a cruise several years ago & finally got a cabin appox. two weeks prior to departure only because of a cancellation..

HAL Agents could be working on cruises for July or August today & others could be working on cruises for next week.. Lots of it depends on when Travel Agents release their unsold blocked space..

Normally when we checked flights, it did not go by dates; it went by percentage of open seats which can vary from day to day...I'm sure it's the same in the cruise industry..

I would think that they would be checking the longer cruises first, as the short seven day cruises are easier to sell..

Why don't you ask on your roll call to see if others have received their cabin assignments..

The op asks an interesting question. I would say MOST posters get their cabin assignment more than 72 hours ahead. I almost always book guarantees so I have lots of experience. I can pretty much assure you that they would not be working on assignments for July and August.

The op asks an interesting question. I would say MOST posters get their cabin assignment more than 72 hours ahead. I almost always book guarantees so I have lots of experience. I can pretty much assure you that they would not be working on assignments for July and August.

Ty, that is why I asked to find out what they have worked last and what they are working on now...two weeks out, two days out...etc

We can see if they follow a pattern and those waiting will know they might be next. I know there are odd cases of getting them at the pier but I would think they work in groups mostly and in some kind of order.

The idea behind this thread is very good...we most often book guarantees and have done so for our June 1 cruise on the Eurodam. I will be sure to post when we get an assignment, based on past experience with HAL it should be in the one to to weeks prior to sailing range...

The idea behind this thread is very good...we most often book guarantees and have done so for our June 1 cruise on the Eurodam. I will be sure to post when we get an assignment, based on past experience with HAL it should be in the one to to weeks prior to sailing range...

Ty, will be watching.

Just thought I would start a thread on who has recently gotten cabin assignments so those of us waiting, can figure out where in line our cruise is.

Please list your sailing and when you got your assignment. Thx!

We got ours today. We had a VE on the 7th deck near the very front of the ship port side. The price dropped and our TA suggested we take a gty. We leave on Westerdam on May 9th out of Seattle and were given our gty cabin assignment today...15 days out.

We ended up on the port side, 4th deck, VB cabin just forward of the lifeboats. No steel railing, we have plexiglas and with nothing blocking the view of the water! I'm so happy with the gty! We can't get any closer to the water! Also, I saw a post on here that said when going through Glacier Bay the port side would match up with the naturalists commentary.

Did your niece get her cabin assignment yet? I hope she did and that she's happy with it. We're doin the happy dance!!! :D

We got ours today. We had a VE on the 7th deck near the very front of the ship port side. The price dropped and our TA suggested we take a gty. We leave on Westerdam on May 9th out of Seattle and were given our gty cabin assignment today...15 days out.

We ended up on the port side, 4th deck, VB cabin just forward of the lifeboats. No steel railing, we have plexiglas and with nothing blocking the view of the water! I'm so happy with the gty! We can't get any closer to the water! Also, I saw a post on here that said when going through Glacier Bay the port side would match up with the naturalists commentary.

Did your niece get her cabin assignment yet? I hope she did and that she's happy with it. We're doin the happy dance!!! :D

So happy for you Debz!! I know you were so worried. Sound perfect!

Nothing yet for my niece. Did you just get yours or earlier today?

For Noordam ex-Vancouver on 9th May, assignment was received 18 days in advance. It is technically an upgrade, but not a big deal. The "C" cabins for which we were guaranteed are the same distance aft of midships as the "A" one we received is forward of midships.

What is an "a" cabin. I'm not aware of this type of cabin on the Noordam and I was just on that ship.

Great idea for a post. how does one get notified of a cabin assignment?

Pretend you are going to print your luggage tags and it will appear there first. If you booked thru the cruiseline you should get a change notice email about your cabin about a day later.

Got mine yesterday. Amsterdam, May 12. However, the ship is sold out so naturally the assignments are made early in such cases.

It doesn't work that way unless things have changed. The latest assignment I ever got was on a sold out ship.

Thanks for all of these posts as we booked a GTY cabin of our June 13 sailing of Eurodam to the Baltics. I just got my notice that my on-line cruise documents are ready and I checked my luggage tags but no assignment yet. We are hoping the the GTY Gods are in our favor!:cool: