Dining time full

Joannedisfan

My parents booked their cruise a while back and selected the 5pm dining time. We decided to go later and just got added on. There was already 8 adults and a 3 yr old going. We bring it up to 10 adults, a 16 yr old, a 6 yr old and the 3 yr old. We have asked to dine at the same time, but apparently that time slot is full. Do many people change this or will we just have to eat separate from the rest of our group?

Just curious how would you link them together?

Booked 2 cabins (in one booking) through our TA, for the parents and us. Got 2 HAL reservation numbers. Did not see any Link between the two.

So I wonder what the (explore4) Pinnacle reservations will look like when we board.

We have anytime dining, so no issues for the MD dinners.

We often link our bookings on P&O which I assume is a similar exercise as both are owned by Carnival. One party needs to ask for a TWID code and then the other party needs to get that code allotted against their booking. This can be done at the time of booking or afterwards with whoever you booked the cruise with. It may be that HAL call it something different. Hope this helps.

Val

A number of years ago we traveled with another another couple a couple of times.

Since we didn't live in the same area, out TA contacted their TA and got their reservation number so that she could call HAL and link the reservations together so that we could have dinner together.

But we did this months in advance of the cruise.

My parents booked their cruise a while back and selected the 5pm dining time. We decided to go later and just got added on. There was already 8 adults and a 3 yr old going. We bring it up to 10 adults, a 16 yr old, a 6 yr old and the 3 yr old. We have asked to dine at the same time, but apparently that time slot is full. Do many people change this or will we just have to eat separate from the rest of our group?

What cruise are you on where dinner is at 5 PM?

On Disney passengers can go online to link reservations with others, all you need is their booking number. TA involvement is not required. Disney has set dining times which I don't care for.

Oceania lets passengers link reservations on line for specialty restaurant reservations. Again all that is needed is a booking number.

Edited by sammiedawg

I was able to link the other reservation nr to ours. But I think that's only for the ships account being charged to my credit card.

No, it doesn't matter who is paying for whom. A few years ago, family joined us for a cruise. We had the TA link all reservations (each couple paid their own fare) for dining purposes. One only needs to supply the booking number for the reservations to the TA, or HAL, and they can link the reservations.

It's easy. Get the other party's reservation number then call your TA. They'll take care of it.

I hope you can get together. Dining can be tricky sometimes. I just saw where an Alaskan cruise a year from now shows fixed seating, early and main, already waitlisted!

It's easy. Get the other party's reservation number then call your TA. They'll take care of it.

I hope you can get together. Dining can be tricky sometimes. I just saw where an Alaskan cruise a year from now shows fixed seating, early and main, already waitlisted!

They now come right out and say what I've believed all along. Priority for dining choice goes to the suites. (It's in the suite amenities info) In order to do this, I think they hold back on confirming dining choices until closer to sailing. So there's hope that a waitlist choice will be confirmed later on.

They now come right out and say what I've believed all along. Priority for dining choice goes to the suites. (It's in the suite amenities info) In order to do this, I think they hold back on confirming dining choices until closer to sailing. So there's hope that a waitlist choice will be confirmed later on.

I was in a Neptune Suite booked 12 months in advance with a request for late fixed dining and when we got our cards at check in were told it was full and had been reassigned to open. In other sure there is any priority. Just whim.

Hope your luck is better than ours. We are sailing next week and purchased trip last Sept with request for early dining in main dining as husband is diabetic but we never could get early dining even after request by TA......

I was in a Neptune Suite booked 12 months in advance with a request for late fixed dining and when we got our cards at check in were told it was full and had been reassigned to open. In other sure there is any priority. Just whim.

Was there a large group on your cruise - that could mess up your dining time request. Otherwise we have always gotten our Early dining request when in a Neptune. A couple of times when were waitlisted for Early and booked in a Signature Suite, when we took a paid upgrade offer to a Neptune we immediately cleared the waitlist and were assigned Early dining.

We recently booked the K-dam for December and our reservation is listed as "Main - waitlisted". First time that has happened to us!:(:(

That is a bit unusual for Main. Perhaps the sailing is getting close to being full (I know my early Dec. K-dam is.

Was there a large group on your cruise - that could mess up your dining time request. Otherwise we have always gotten our Early dining request when in a Neptune. A couple of times when were waitlisted for Early and booked in a Signature Suite, when we took a paid upgrade offer to a Neptune we immediately cleared the waitlist and were assigned Early dining.

No, oddly late dining was fairly empty. We did get switched onboard, but not confirmed as a table for 2. The other people at table never showed up so in the end we got what we thought we would have going in.

Our friends decided to come along with us on the NA next February. We had already booked with our PCC, and when they booked with their PCC, they didn't ask for a booking number - just our names to link our bookings to put us at the same dining table. You may need a booking number if you're not booking directly through HAL though.

• 2 months later...