Zuiderdam shower only cabins

Hi, We were on the Westerdam last year in a room with a shower, no tub. It had a curtain, and as I recall it stayed inside the stall. There was a lip that was easy to step over. Hubby can't step into the tubs and had no problem.

Hope this helped.

Does anyone have photos or know if the shower-only cabins have a shower curtain or a shower door? If it's a curtain, is the threshold into the shower very high to keep the curtain in the shower? Thanks so much!

We're booked in a shower only cabin on the Zuiderdam mid Oct. If you can wait for our reply till after we get back Oct 30 & send me an e-mail I'll reply to you then.. On my signature page just hit the button which says e-mail me & I'll be glad to reply..:)

On my signature page just hit the button which says e-mail me & I'll be glad to reply..:)

Your "e-mail me" in your signature doesn't connect to anything. It needs to be fixed before anyone can use it.

Your "e-mail me" in your signature doesn't connect to anything. It needs to be fixed before anyone can use it.

Thanks Ruth, I'll look into it but first need to make DH something to eat..

Just took a quick look & when I hit "Betty e-mail me" right next to the stars an e-mail immediately came up.. Would you mind trying again

Thanks

Edited by serendipity1499

Just took a quick look & when I hit "Betty e-mail me" right next to the stars an e-mail immediately came up.. Would you mind trying again

Thanks

Betty, when I click on the image for your stars, I get the stars, with nothing else. When I place my cursor over your "e-mail_me", I don't get a link at all.

There is no method, by using your signature, that I can send you an e-mail. it does not connect.

Betty, when I click on the image for your stars, I get the stars, with nothing else. When I place my cursor over your "e-mail_me", I don't get a link at all.

There is no method, by using your signature, that I can send you an e-mail. it does not connect.

Thanks Ruth.. I still am on Windows 7..Did not upgrade to 10..Maybe that's why..

I actually don't know what to do.. When I CLICK on either the Stars or the "Betty e-mail_ me" a Windows Live Mail 2012 e-mail form comes up with my address already on it:

Serendipity1499 @ Yahoo.com (No spaces between the 99 @ & yahoo)

I'll have to ask the hosts what to do because I have received several e-mails from other people.. Maybe someone else who has Windows 7 could try it & let me know if it does not work..

Thanks..

Edited by serendipity1499

Betty, I'm using Windows 7. I do have images turned off, but I'm not the only one who does.

Why not just change the "email_me" to the e-mail addy you want people to use? Spread out, with words where the dots go, of course.

Betty, I'm using Windows 7. I do have images turned off, but I'm not the only one who does.

Why not just change the "email_me" to the e-mail addy you want people to use? Spread out, with words where the dots go, of course.

If necessary I'll do that but first want to see what the hosts have to say..

Will send an e-mail to another Friend & ask them to try it first..

It's so strange.. I received an e-mail from a long time CC poster just a few weeks ago..

I had never been in contact with this poster before & the only way he could contact me was by clicking on my stars or the "e-mail me", unless another poster gave him my e-mail address.. I've also received e-mails before from other posters who used either the stars of the e-mail_me.

Betty's mailto: link works for me using Win 7 and WindowsLiveMail 2011, and it works using Win 10 and WLM 2012, but it does not work on DW's computer running Win 8.1 and just the built-in mail app.

Ruth: does my mailto: link also fail for you? I've had lots of people send me mail using it

Ruth: does my mailto: link also fail for you? I've had lots of people send me mail using it

Yours works both when I am signed in, and when I am not.

I just checked Betty's again when I wasn't signed in, and it worked then, but not when I am signed in.

At first I thought it might have something to do with having images turned off, but since it works both ways on yours, that can't be the reason.

Both took me to Windows Live Mail (which I do not use).

At first I thought it might have something to do with having images turned off, but since it works both ways on yours, that can't be the reason.

Notice when you "hover" your cursor on my email_me link you a see a "mailto:jtl513cruise@..." pop up in the lower left corner but not when you hover on my star symbol. Betty's doesn't work the same (for me anyway) so I think her having no space between them may be causing the problem for you. That doesn't explain why I and other people don't have the same problem though! ;)

Yours works both when I am signed in, and when I am not.

I just checked Betty's again when I wasn't signed in, and it worked then, but not when I am signed in.

Notice when you "hover" your cursor on my email_me link you a see a "mailto:jtl513cruise@..." pop up in the lower left corner but not when you hover on my star symbol. Betty's doesn't work the same (for me anyway) so I think her having no space between them may be causing the problem for you. That doesn't explain why I and other people don't have the same problem though! ;)

Sorry got caught up watching the convention.. John do you think it would help if I try to move the email_me link farther away from the stars? I think I copied & pasted the stars from one of your posts several years ago..

Thank you Ruth & JTL for helping me.. Strange Ruth that it works when you are not signed in, but doesn't work when signed in.. I can never figure these computers out especially when I get anomalies like this..

Today I tried to pull up a bunch of e-mail's that I was saving in a folder & none of them would open for me.. Hate to call a tech in just for these petty things.. Will wait till I have a complete breakdown before calling him..:eek:

Works sometimes but not always.. I use Windows live mail..

Thanks again..

Notice when you "hover" your cursor on my email_me link you a see a "mailto:jtl513cruise@..." pop up in the lower left corner but not when you hover on my star symbol.

John, on yours (when I'm signed in, anyway) I get a little "hand" symbol when I hover the cursor over each image/set of words. Those are the cues to click on them.

I think you have a good idea that Betty should add a space between her stars code and the email_me. Certainly worth a try. Can't hurt, might help! :)

I just tried both Betty's email link and Jim's email link and got the same message with both.

"This link needs to be opened with an application.

....................TWINUI..............................................................................

Yahoo!Mail......G Mail....chose an application."

I tried both applications and way unable to open either.

I have windows 10 and I am signed in.

Hi, We were on the Westerdam last year in a room with a shower, no tub. It had a curtain, and as I recall it stayed inside the stall. There was a lip that was easy to step over. Hubby can't step into the tubs and had no problem.

Hope this helped.

Same thing on the Statendam, the Veendam and the Ryndam. The lip to step over looked to be about 5".

I just tried both Betty's email link and Jim's email link and got the same message with both.

"This link needs to be opened with an application.

....................TWINUI..............................................................................

Yahoo!Mail......G Mail....chose an application."

I tried both applications and way unable to open either.

I have windows 10 and I am signed in.

You need to have a default mail app set up. Go to Settings > System > Default Apps. Click on the Email box and select one of those offered or get one from the Apps Store. The built-in is simply called Mail. Edited by jtl513

I'm back...Tried two separate the "stars" from the "Betty e-mail_me" & it won't work..

It is on two different lines but the site automatically puts them together.. I tried three times by hitting my space bar before the Betty.. Only way would be to eliminate one of them..:)

I'm back...Tried two separate the "stars" from the "Betty e-mail_me" & it won't work..

It is on two different lines but the site automatically puts them together.. I tried three times by hitting my space bar before the Betty.. Only way would be to eliminate one of them..:)

Instead of including your name as part of the link, use it as the separator between the stars and the link like this:

4starMariner.gif Betty email_me

Instead of including your name as part of the link, use it as the separator between the stars and the link like this:

That fixes it for me, when I'm signed in. At least in your post, John.

Thanks. I hope Betty does that, and it works in her siggy.

Thank you both et al.. Think I've finally solved the problem..:)

Took my name out of the signature & put it beside the note about mentioning Cruise Critic Meet & Greets. in subject line..

Hopefully that will work now..:D.