Inquiring about HAL flights

alwaysfrantic

I have a trip booked with a travel agency. If I am interested in getting prices from HAL can I call their flight department or do I have the TA call call to get possibilities?

You need to do everything thru your TA.

Radbooks, I am really surprised at your TA advice. My understanding is that once you have a TA you can't speak to HAL so I will watch how this unfolds with great interest. It would be great if one could use the online air booking system but my experience is that one cant.

Working with a TA, he or she usually talks to HAL's flight department to see what kind of pricing they offer. HAL usually offers a good deal on pricing especially if you are flying into one port and out of another.

We have worked with HAL directly, when we booked our own cruise or more normally, we prefer to work with a TA, who then works with HAL.

HAL doesn't have an on-line air booking system, AFAIK

Actually, they do. We booked our cruise to the Med for this spring with a HAL rep. A few weeks later we went online to Flight Ease and picked our flights. We had done alot of research with different airlines and HAL's price was almost $300.00 cheaper offering the identical flights we wanted. Also, the flights to Europe were Flex flights, so we don't have to pay for them until cruise final payment in February.

I recently booked HAL air through my travel agent. My agent seemed to have computer access to HAL's flights, she offered choice of flights at a good price. The charge went through to Holland America.

Actually, they do. We booked our cruise to the Med for this spring with a HAL rep. A few weeks later we went online to Flight Ease and picked our flights. We had done alot of research with different airlines and HAL's price was almost $300.00 cheaper offering the identical flights we wanted. Also, the flights to Europe were Flex flights, so we don't have to pay for them until cruise final payment in February.

I have two cruises booked by my PCC. I have called my PCC and have a tentative flight schedule but would like to see all flights available. I cannot figure out how to get into FlightEase without the PCC. Could someone walk me through FlightEase for Dummies!

I have two cruises booked by my PCC. I have called my PCC and have a tentative flight schedule but would like to see all flights available. I cannot figure out how to get into FlightEase without the PCC. Could someone walk me through FlightEase for Dummies!

First you must access your reservation summary. At the bottom of the the page is the area that says "purchase" Click on this. You will then be brought to a page that lists "travel" pre and post cruise (upper left). Then you will be directed to a page that indicates "Flights". Click on this indicating all persons in your party (check them off). You will then be given the opportunity to put in your departure date (if you are spending time in the area of your ships embarkation port, then you will change the date. It will ask you "what day do you want to arrive". Once your dates have been posted, you will then access different flights going and coming from your destination. Click on your choices.

You will see some flights are "flex" flights. These flights need not be paid for until final cruise payment. Regular flights you will be required to pay for at time of booking. Good luck! Let me know how you make out and it you need more help, just let me know!

I booked the cruise thru a TA. I thought about using EZ Air to give it a try. It is very odd you can't even see what flights are available online or the prices. I have to call the TA to ask. Seems very old school. Wanted to book with EZ air to provide some insurance against weather in January. From what I can see, there is nothing EZ about it.

This should be simple but I see nothing about flights on my summary page. Could it be that my cruise summary page is different because I booked via a PCC? I log on to my acccount and go to my Reservations. Both cruises are there. (One is more than 330 days out) If I click the green purchase button it is only for dining, spa, and port excursions. Could I not have access because I am working with a PCC? This is uber frustrating. I will call PCC in am. Thanks for the help.

My guess is if they had the options readily available online they would sell more of them. Both hotels and air. There are a lot of folks who dread using the phone and would much rather do the looking online. Shame they don't offer both the call and the online looking for everyone.

My guess is if they had the options readily available online they would sell more of them. Both hotels and air. There are a lot of folks who dread using the phone and would much rather do the looking online. Shame they don't offer both the call and the online looking for everyone.

I can't imagine that you cannot access Flight East online, the same as I can. Why don't you call Hal and ask if you could be helped to find the right way to get into the flight choice section. Wish I could be of more assistance to you!

I could not find a way to book flights online through Holland America and quit looking after seeing this page: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=Flight_Ease&showHeader=true&showFooter=true&WT.ac=footer_PlanFlightsTransfers&legacy=true

How to Book

Please call your Travel Professional to book Flight Ease for your cruise.

If they have booking available online and told me to call my travel agent, I will be sorely vexed.

I could not find a way to book flights online through Holland America and quit looking after seeing this page: http://www.hollandamerica.com/pageByName/Resp.action?requestPage=Flight_Ease&showHeader=true&showFooter=true&WT.ac=footer_PlanFlightsTransfers&legacy=true

If they have booking available online and told me to call my travel agent, I will be sorely vexed.

It seems that if you booked with a TA, then you cannot access flights online. I booked direct with HAL and had no problem whatsoever perusing and booking flights. The best news was that HAL was considerably cheaper than booking with the airlines.

I tell every future cruise consultant that it would be a great benefit if is was 'easy' to see flights and prices on HAL's website.

What I have done at times is find a 'similar' cruise on Princess and price out flights on their excellent web tool. It seems HAL's offerings are often similar. You can even change the arrival city on Princess' web site; for example, if your cruise is leaving from Venice and the Princess one is leaving from Rome, it lets you change the arrival city to Venice (as if you were visiting Venice before the cruise...).

Thus far I have not actually booked flights through HAL, but am sure at some point I will.

Edited by StartrainDD

I cannot find or get in flight-ease today and we have booked thru a PCC. We are wanting to know about seat booking.

I just did it now to see if I could get access and had no problem getting into flights. HAL does not make it easy, though. I even changed my seats. Sorry to hear some of you are having trouble seeing what I can. I don't understand why.

Sorry to hear some of you are having trouble seeing what I can. I don't understand why.

It's because you booked through HAL and the others booked through a TA or PCC.

Once you have an agent working on your booking for you, they have responsibility to do all the work associated with that booking. They own the job, and the passenger has relinquished responsibility to them.