ms Noordam in Juneau, AK - July 27, 2016

Copper10-8

ms Noordam, the youngest of HAL's four Vista-class vessels, will make an early arrival in Juneau, AK, tomorrow, 27 JUL 16 at 1000 (10:00 am) local, and is assigned her 'normal' berth at the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock. Her departure time is set for 2200 hrs. (10:00 pm) local

The action can be seen, and usually heard, at:

http://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/

The two other cruise ships in port Wednesday are Star Princess going to the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock (0630-1600) and Star's fleet mate, Ruby Princess, scheduled for the Franklin Street (FKL) dock (1230-2215) making today's gathering a Holland America Group affair

I got here late but I am getting to see her dock.

I was expecting the usual 1 pm arrival and didn't check - extra busy - I sat down to eat lunch and found the beautiful Noordam already in port, I did get here in time for the close up. :D

I think Noordam was quite early. Strange weather today. And all I'm getting is a sound like a slowly idling bulldozer with not a voice to be heard.

Roy

When is your northwest passage cruise? Too bad HAL is not doing that one! PRDM could do it

When is your northwest passage cruise? Too bad HAL is not doing that one! PRDM could do it

First, Serenity has 2 more calls in Juneau. I'll be watching Friday as she calls with the Volendam. Her final Juneau call will be August 11 on the way to Anchorage to pick me up. In a switch there I'll probably miss the sail-in but catch the sailaway with the Zaandam.

My schedule:

July 31-August 5 Amtrak to Bellingham

August 6-11 MV Kennicott to Whittier

August 11-16 Denali (with Princess)

August 16-September 17 Northwest passage.

I think it would be great if the Prinsendam would do NWP but I think any of the R-Class could do it as well.

I don't think the Northeast passage is reliably navigable but I can almost picture Prinsendam doing a Grand Eurasia circumnavigation maybe Amsterdam to Iceland and Greenland, through the NWP, then down around Japan, Hong Kong, and through the Suez Canal back to Amsterdam.

Roy

First, Serenity has 2 more calls in Juneau. I'll be watching Friday as she calls with the Volendam. Her final Juneau call will be August 11 on the way to Anchorage to pick me up. In a switch there I'll probably miss the sail-in but catch the sailaway with the Zaandam.

My schedule:

July 31-August 5 Amtrak to Bellingham

August 6-11 MV Kennicott to Whittier

August 11-16 Denali (with Princess)

August 16-September 17 Northwest passage.

I think it would be great if the Prinsendam would do NWP but I think any of the R-Class could do it as well.

I don't think the Northeast passage is reliably navigable but I can almost picture Prinsendam doing a Grand Eurasia circumnavigation maybe Amsterdam to Iceland and Greenland, through the NWP, then down around Japan, Hong Kong, and through the Suez Canal back to Amsterdam.

Roy

Awesome! You know how to travel

That 'Voyage of the Vikings', NWP to Asia would be a very nice Grand Voyage

:)

Where is everybody today?

Roy

Getting on with life beyond watching a webcam in crappy weather ;)

Enjoying the steamy weather in NYC and running errands (while dreaming of being in Juneau, rain or not!).

Although a little cool rain would feel great right now (it is cooler today with 93 although it still feels like 105:eek:), I would go crazy living where it rains almost every day!

Car had to go to the shop today so I missed sail-in but will be here for sail-away.

Roy, is this the first time Crystal has done the Northwest Passage cruise?

Edited by Scrapnana