Caribbean cruise on Oceania Riviera/Regatta or Celebrity Eclipse

travellerin1984

Susie, might you not be better off asking at the Celebrity board? Clearly, plenty of Oceania people have sailed on Celeb... not not all of us have!

If you are asking for comparisons from people who have sailed on both lines, then ignore my comment! It just wasn't clear to me ...

Mura

Looking forward to hearing reviews from other Celebrity people! We are going on Equinox in May and have our first Oceania booked for next July.

If you are familiar with the search feature on this forum, doing the search will show you many threads that have discussed comparisons between the 2 lines.

There is a wealth of information there from people who have sailed on both lines≥

Looking forward to hearing reviews from other Celebrity people! We are going on Equinox in May and have our first Oceania booked for next July.

Susie, we were on the Riviera in late January and thought the speciality restaurants were to die for. Unfortunately we were not fans of the Terrace for lunch and breakfast and thought the entertainment was dated, think Elvis as contemporary.

The ship was beautiful, staff fine, smaller ship okay and we had a good time. We'll be back on Celebrity for our next cruise as we were bored on O.

That is not a good thing IMO. Prophecies have a way of becoming self-fulfilling :D.

It is good to be informed about choices, activities and the running of a new line but one should ideally cruise on a new line with an open mind and make up one's mind only AFTER experiencing the cruise.

I will be interested in hearing your opinions after your first cruise.

Absolutely we will have a better understanding after the cruise but in researching, it is difficult not to come away with an opinion before being on the ship. As I said in an earlier post, we chose Oceania primarily for the itinerary.

Also, we are going on vacation and that is good. Even a bad vacation is better than a great day in the cold and snow :) I am quite sure our "review" will be very positive.

After 25 cruises with X we were ready for a change. Our 2 cruises on the Oceania Riviera last year were fabulous. If I were to cruise on a R class ship I would go to Azamara were I would get my Elite Plus benefits from X. Trying Crystal in May after a while away from them. I hope they are as good as my Riviera cruises.

I was a loyal Celebrity cruiser, but I've switched over to Oceania. I've done two, one on the Riviera and one on the Regatta. They were the best cruises I've been on to date. Already booked for 2017 and 2018. The food, service and itineraries is what makes Oceania a step above.