Regatta Specialty Restaurant Menus

ChucktownSteve

Thank you for your opinion on the Oceania dining options. Regarding the Chines buffet:

Do they serve dim sum like:

har gow

sui mai

char siu bow

Shaolin bun

Or the following in the Chinese buffet:

Crystal walnut prawns

Peking style salt and pepper prawns or spareribs

Peking duck

Beef tenderloin filet with Chinese choi sum greens

Yang Chow fried rice

Jook

Longevity noodles

Herbal soups

We will be on our first Oceania sailing to Cuba, May 2018, and hoping the cusine will be as good as many have said. Looking forward to some Cuban cuisine, as well.:):)

Another poster commented the Mexican buffet is also a bust. Shame :(

Wonder what was bad about it.

So, do they have an Italian buffet? And is it any good?

Other theme buffets? Any good!

Enjoy your cruise.

"I cruise to eat,healthy, and to eat a slice of apple pie every day before I die."

Dream on :D

Come to San Francisco for good Dim Sum. Only a few places compare to SF for Dim Sum - Toronto, Sydney and HK. Ask for the sweet chili sauce with your dumplings (if it's not there).

It's mostly stri-fried dishes. They do have roast duck on occasions. You'll have as much lobster and shrimp as you can handle.

The food is very good - I doubt they you will be disappointed overall. :D

The only truly great ethnic food is French on the O class ships at Jacques (for obvious reasons)

Edited by Paulchili

Thank you for your opinion on the Oceania dining options. Regarding the Chines buffet:

har gow

sui mai

char siu bow

Shaolin bun

Crystal walnut prawns

Peking duck

Yang Chow fried rice

Jook

Longevity noodles

Herbal soups

We will be on our first Oceania sailing to Cuba, May 2018, and hoping the cusine will be as good as many have said. Looking forward to some Cuban cuisine, as well.:):)

Enjoy your cruise.

"I cruise to eat,healthy, and to eat a slice of apple pie every day before I die."

You are going to be very disappointed in Oceania if those are your expectations ;)

A lot of discussion on the topic of food on the Sirena. Red Ginger sounds like the most forward from a culinary perspective. We are NOT meat and potatoes persons! Therefore any fusion type of food is appreciated. It is always difficult when on a LONG cruise to keep the food interesting.

We have a question concerning the Terrace venue: can you always order "a la carte" for dinners? We like the "mix and match" of different cuisines.

Also, it seems that Sirena is the "trial" for the "R" ships before refurbishment.

Happy Cruising everyone and WASH your hands all the time when on board.

We have a question concerning the Terrace venue: can you always order "a la carte" for dinners? We like the "mix and match" of different cuisines.

The Terrace is a buffet venue

they have grill that you can get steak, lobster, pork chops, fish etc grilled to order daily

Usually a pasta dish cooked to order as well plus a lot of other dishes to choose from

No...only 2 and the menu is on the web site... The main dining room has just great menu too.

However if you like fusion...do it yourself.. The terrace serves every night most all of what the main dining, Polo and Toscana serve and you can "fuse" to your hearts content. To be honest I like the Terrace because of the incredible options...not doable at the others. Picture this Start with a smoked duck tureen Then a slice of Prime Rib, escargot en croute, a trimbal of forest mushrooms and a Lobster tail. For desert a Apple Strudel with vanilla sauce... and a nice Hess Chardonnay.... finish with a nice Sautern and a french cheese plate.... Not your regular Buffet

Only on Sirena do they now have the Tuscan Steak and Red Ginger with Jacques bistro for Lunch in the main dining room. Frankly I did not care for the Tuscan Steak...lots of menu changes and old favorites gone... Reg Ginger remains the same. Eat at Polo as much as you can before they gut the menu

Okay, a few more questions concerning the Terrace venue:

Being a "buffet" venue, which we normally avoid like the plague everywhere, how do they offer the items? do we serve our selves?, are the meat/fish/seafood main items cooked to order, etc?

Thankyou very much for your insight into this option for dinning.

Happy Cruising and WASH your hands all the time when on board.

Being a "buffet" venue, which we normally avoid like the plague everywhere, how do they offer the items? do we serve our selves?, are the meat/fish/seafood main items cooked to order, etc?

Thank you very much for your insight into this option for dinning.

When I last cruised, everything in the buffet was served to you. Also while I was waiting for something, a crew member approached me and took the plate I was holding, then obtained the other plate that was being made for me and insisted on carrying it to my table even though I told her I would be happy to do it myself. I suspect it still may be done that way.

It was the most civilized buffet I've encountered at sea. :')

The most surprising thing to me turned out to be that Red Ginger definitely was my favorite of all the restaurants. I actually did not even want to eat there, but did because of all the positive comments here on CC. We never had dinner at Terraces, but did eat there every day for breakfast and lunch. I will say the biggest disappointment was the Mexican buffet at lunch. Many offerings although most did not live up to expectations. Next time they offer that I will be having surf and turf at waves! Food is always available and plentiful, and definitely better than any I've had other Cruise Lines! Next week will be Regatta, so unfortunately they will not have the Red Ginger[emoji22] hoping to find the sea bass in MDR!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I last cruised, everything in the buffet was served to you. Also while I was waiting for something, a crew member approached me and took the plate I was holding, then obtained the other plate that was being made for me and insisted on carrying it to my table even though I told her I would be happy to do it myself. I suspect it still may be done that way.

It was the most civilized buffet I've encountered at sea. :')

Yes the staff are very kind,helping with plates,but I prefer to carry my own.One less hand to touch my plate...😱

Thankyou very much for your insight into this option for dinning.

Have you been to a buffet before?

Most items are in dishes that are kept warm on the steam tables or under heat lamps the exception is the grill area where they do cook meat & seafood to order

They also have a egg station in the morning where they do omelets & maybe other egg dishes to order

Sometimes a stirfry station or pasta station where they will cook to order

The nice thing about Oceania is they SERVE you ..you do not handle the serving utensils or the food

servers will also get your beverages for you unlike other ships where you have to get your own drinks

har gow

sui mai

char siu bow

Shaolin bun

Crystal walnut prawns

Peking duck

Yang Chow fried rice

Jook

Longevity noodles

Herbal soups

Enjoy your cruise.

No you get that in a Chinese restaurant in SF/NY, LA/ and Vancouver None of the items no dim sum, no peking duck....yang chow fried rice... in your dreams. lots of Red ginger items....search their menu

Mexican buffet as a bust because its Mexican food beans rice, chili tortillas meat in combination...and like most Mexican restaurants here in the US its all about the same stuff whether at Del Taco or a high end sit down. same stuff without a drive through window and hot plates.

Italian about the same pasta, sauces tomatoes and garlic and cheese... A reason I dont care for Italian a step up from Mexican, but not much you can do with Italian ingredients..

Good are Asian buffet, ( Philippine,Thai, ) Indian Buffet and Seafood. a mix of all cultures for Sushi to Stir fry

No you get that in a Chinese restaurant in SF/NY, LA/ and Vancouver None of the items no dim sum, no peking duck....yang chow fried rice... in your dreams. lots of Red ginger items....search their menu

Mexican buffet as a bust because its Mexican food beans rice, chili tortillas meat in combination...and like most Mexican restaurants here in the US its all about the same stuff whether at Del Taco or a high end sit down. same stuff without a drive through window and hot plates.

Italian about the same pasta, sauces tomatoes and garlic and cheese... A reason I dont care for Italian a step up from Mexican, but not much you can do with Italian ingredients..

Good are Asian buffet, ( Philippine,Thai, ) Indian Buffet and Seafood. a mix of all cultures for Sushi to Stir fry

Thanks.

What's your opinion of the cusine served in Red Ginger? It's a variety of Asian cusine, correct?

We will be on the Sirena for a 7 day Cuba cruise May 2018. First time with Oceania?

Guess we'll have to try both Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak to see if we like the cusine served on Oceania. ;)

Guess we'll have to try both Red Ginger and Tuscan Steak to see if we like the cusine served on Oceania. ;)

That is the best way to know what works for YOU

Food is subjective put 20 people in a room serve them the same food & you will get 20 different opinions :halo:

Remarkable. 😀

+1

KOC1947- Hopefully you will more than "like" Oceania's cuisine. While we have not been on Sirena, we would like to think that Oceania's emphasis on the culinary experience is present throughout the fleet. We do enjoy Red Ginger's fusion menu, Toscana and Terrace Cafe though recently disappointed in beef in Polo and Terrace grill. Flak jackets on but sorry to say, for the 3rd time in a row, Jacques is stll our least favorite dining venue on Marina.

ORV - have to agree with you that the Indian buffet is abysmal. Having gone to the Indian food cooking demonstration earlier in the day given by Executive Chef Quaretti and Sous Chef Travis D'Silva we were looking forward to dinner on the Terrace.. Perhaps the hot (tepid) buffet warming trays are to blame but not a good experience.

Enjoy your cruise!