Live: From Regatta

Artful

Which level of room were you in?

Concierge. I would not want to be on a higher deck as I am prone to motion sickness. Therefore, penthouse would not do it for me. I think a larger ship, relatively low down is better.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Concierge. I would not want to be on a higher deck as I am prone to motion sickness. Therefore, penthouse would not do it for me. I think a larger ship, relatively low down is better.

Cabins are not a lot bigger on the O class ships but the bathroom is much nicer ;)

It depends on what about the room you found uncomfortable. I was in a B1 which is the same size room and didn't find it to be uncomfortable. I do find the bathroom small.

Our last few cruises have been in Princess mini-suites - a much larger cabin having a full-sized couch with a second TV, plus a nice bathroom with lots of storage and a tub and shower. Of course, everything is a trade off. I don't like photographers in my face all the time, paying for bottles of water or soda, the sale of sleezy items on sea days, etc.

Our last few cruises have been in Princess mini-suites - a much larger cabin having a full-sized couch with a second TV, plus a nice bathroom with lots of storage and a tub and shower. Of course, everything is a trade off. I don't like photographers in my face all the time, paying for bottles of water or soda, the sale of sleezy items on sea days, etc.

If it's the amount of space(or lack thereof) that made you uncomfortable I wouldn't recommend anything less than a PH, even on the O ships.

Cabins are not a lot bigger on the O class ships but the bathroom is much nicer ;)

No they're not. But for us the biggest difference is that you can have 2 way traffic across the room at the foot of the bed on the O class ships. It doesn't seem like a big deal, and it may be just us, but after cruising on Marina,we were on Regatta and it seemed we always wanted to cross the room at the same time, in opposite directions. [emoji57]

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they're not. But for us the biggest difference is that you can have 2 way traffic across the room at the foot of the bed on the O class ships. It doesn't seem like a big deal, and it may be just us, but after cruising on Marina,we were on Regatta and it seemed we always wanted to cross the room at the same time, in opposite directions. [emoji57]

Mo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree

having the extra foot at the the bottom of the bed makes it more comfortable

I agree

having the extra foot at the the bottom of the bed makes it more comfortable

True,

OTOH, you have some poor choices made by the designers - inconveniently placed closet and several shallow drawers that are mostly good for socks and underwear and not much else.

However, the bathrooms are much bigger and nicer.

Edited by Paulchili

That extra "passage" room in the PH rooms on the "R" ships has always been important to us ... as has been the larger bathroom. Once we discovered the PH category, we never went back ...

Well, not until Oceania bribed us to go down to a B1 this past summer ... but the reimbursement we got for downsizing paid for a VS on Sirena a few months later ... This time around (as I've said before, apologies if you've seen my earlier posts), we didn't mind the smaller room as much as we had in the past ... even though on recent cruises the lowest cabin we've been in was a PH. We do love the extra room in the larger suites, but no longer find the regular veranda cabins the trial we did in the past ...

Maybe I should consult a shrink about this ...

Mura

I still don't like the dinner table at the foot of the bed in the PH suite on the "O" ships. I know we aren't alone!

True,

OTOH, you have some poor choices made by the designers - inconveniently placed closet and several shallow drawers that are mostly good for socks and underwear and not much else.

However, the bathrooms are much bigger and nicer.

yes it is a trade off a bit more space or better layout of closets etc...;)

neither are a deal breaker for us as long as we are cruising on O :halo:

yes it is a trade off a bit more space or better layout of closets etc...;)

neither are a deal breaker for us as long as we are cruising on O :halo:

Totally agree.

The itinerary decides whether it's an R or an O class ship we sail on :)

I still don't like the dinner table at the foot of the bed in the PH suite on the "O" ships. I know we aren't alone!

Totally agree! The chairs are so low that I don't feel I'm at a dining table. We prefer the two upright chairs and oval table in the PH on the R ships. More comfortable and that table never seems to be in the way.

Alas, we'll probably never have the 'real' dining table in the larger suites :(