Volendam questions

Lori Dobson

Hrllo All,

For anyone who recently sailed the Volendam, is the Thalasso pool in the thermal suite an actual pool or just a hot tub? I know you can book access to the thermal suite for the entire cruise but I have tried to look it up without sucess on the HAL website - can you book this in advance or do you have to wait until you get on-board? Many thanks for your insights!

Thanks for posting this question. On embarkation day they often offer spa tours and I remember hearing about the thermal suite pass then. Does anyone know if there is a promotion/discount on the pass during embarkation day?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Spa thermal pass is usually least expensive on embarkation day. If you have prebooked (and pre-paid) it, and find that the embarkation day price is lower, you can ask for a refund or/and adjustment at the spa desk that day.

I didn't do the thermal pass on Volendam but did it on Amsterdam, sister ship: the Thallasso pool was hot-tub like in size, but quite hot and a briny water. It felt great on a sore hip joint I was struggling with. This was several years back, so listen to those who have more up to date info. m--

Spa thermal pass is usually least expensive on embarkation day. If you have prebooked (and pre-paid) it, and find that the embarkation day price is lower, you can ask for a refund or/and adjustment at the spa desk that day.

I didn't do the thermal pass on Volendam but did it on Amsterdam, sister ship: the Thallasso pool was hot-tub like in size, but quite hot and a briny water. It felt great on a sore hip joint I was struggling with. This was several years back, so listen to those who have more up to date info. m--

That's a pretty accurate description IMO.

It's nice to go from the thermal chairs to the hydrotherapy tub (as I call it) but it is NOT like the hydrotherapy pools seen on the Vista class and above.

On the bright side, the price is much lower than on those ships with the hydrotherapy pools ;)

Can you book just a day pass? If so, how much is it generally?

You can book a day pass IF there are passes available. They are capacity controlled, so if the weekly passes have sold out, no day passes are sold.

If a day pass is available, my memory is that it costs $40, but I won't swear to that. It could be a little less on the smaller ships.