ms Amsterdam & ms Volendam in Juneau September 1, 2017

Scrapnana

I am hoping that forward deck will be open frequently. If so, I will consider it my balcony!:D;)

I have almost always found this deck to be open. In very windy conditions and sometimes on some ships at night, have I ever found the outside door locked.

I have peeked inside the door to these forward staterooms when the Stewards were cleaning them. The forward bulkhead slopes inwards. The room arrangement appeared rather different from other outside staterooms. I'd be interested in learning your opinion of this type of stateroom when you return.

Your puppies are cute.

Are you keeping them or selling them?

They are not Scrapnana's puppies. The photos are from a Denali National Park "Sled Dog Puppy" webcam that's activated annually when a new litter is born. Eventually many of them will serve patrolling Denali Rangers over the winter.

They are not on camera right now but here's a link to the webcam:

https://www.nps.gov/dena/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams-pups.htm

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Added webcam link

I have almost always found this deck to be open. In very windy conditions and sometimes on some ships at night, have I ever found the outside door locked.

I have peeked inside the door to these forward staterooms when the Stewards were cleaning them. The forward bulkhead slopes inwards. The room arrangement appeared rather different from other outside staterooms. I'd be interested in learning your opinion of this type of stateroom when you return.

I picked this cabin because it and its next door neighbor 6100 appear to be the only outside cabins that do not have the bed right under the window. I had that on my RCI cruise and found it very difficult to get a good view.

On my two Westerdam cruises I had the front facing cabin 6002 (which also does not have the bed under the window). I really enjoy the view out the front and with that deck outside (which was only open when we were transiting the Panama Canal on Westerdam), I will get some side views as well.

They are not Scrapnana's puppies. The photos are from a Denali National Park "Sled Dog Puppy" webcam that's activated annually when a new litter is born. Eventually many of them will serve patrolling Denali Rangers over the winter.

They are not on camera right now but here's a link to the webcam:

https://www.nps.gov/dena/learn/photosmultimedia/webcams-pups.htm

Roy

Thank you for the explanation and the link to watch them.